Footage released on CNN for those of you waiting on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Saw the cop who was so out of breath after the run, walk over, took out his billie club, and swung at Tyre's head like Will Clark swinging for the fences. That one strike with the club could have easily caused a severe head/brain injury. Then after that the kicking commenced.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m willing to bet no one posting on here tonight has ever been treated by cops like he was during the initial encounter
I'm not defending these cops. But your statement is a BS strawman argument. Nobody who abides by the law and does what police tell them to do has to worry about how they're treated by cops.

The story is about these police officers exceeding their authority. Hopefully justice prevails. But let's stop running with BS narratives as a result.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
There is no excuse for the brutality there, they had him subdued. That being said my Dad sat me down once, now mind you we are rural police supporting types not likely to ever have many encounters with cops, and told me if the cops ever stop you do EXACTLY what they tell you to do, even if you think you have done nothing wrong. That was 40 some odd years ago. Good advice then and good advice now.
And if they demand you confess to something you didn't do?

Reactions: vandaldawg

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I'm not defending these cops. But your statement is a BS strawman argument. Nobody who abides by the law and does what police tell them to do has to worry about how they're treated by cops.

The story is about these police officers exceeding their authority. Hopefully justice prevails. But let's stop running with BS narratives as a result.
Ive never been yanked out of car at gunpoint thrown to the ground with a taser shoved in my back while multiple cops scream profanities at me At a routine traffic stop. If someone here has I apologize for my initial statement

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
More times than not yes. But in some instances like this one that is not true. This guy did nothing wrong
There are some bad cops out there. They can do bad things. This is an example.

It is very rare, though. There are ways to minimize the odds of having a police interaction. And if someone has a police interaction, there are ways to minimize the odds that it escalates. Cops aren't out there hunting people and those narratives piss me off. The vast majority of them are public servants working way too hard and way too long for way too little money to be getting disrespected and lied about like they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login