For the bigger contributors that entered the portal - (Johnson and Thomas)...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
when is the final day for their announcement? I haven't seen that they committed anywhere.

Reactions: QC Man

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looks like there are two 30-day windows per year. So 30 days from whenever the portal opened up.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
45 day period from portal opening this time I believe. RaRa is gone. Forget about his ***. Feels like Zavion is going to come back but we'll wait and see.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They can sign anytime they want. They are not locked in until they enroll. I keep hearing Z is going to Louisville. Heard nothing on Rara. I thought Z was coming back a few days ago. I hope he does.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
They can sign anytime they want. They are not locked in until they enroll. I keep hearing Z is going to Louisville. Heard nothing on Rara. I thought Z was coming back a few days ago. I hope he does.
RaRa has narrowed it to OM and UGA. It's going to be OM. If he can get over the sporadic brick hands, he will do well in that offense.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
when is the final day for their announcement? I haven't seen that they committed anywhere.
I suspect that based on what we heard at yesterday's Leach event, he wasn't very friendly to people entering the portal. Paraphrasing, one of the speakers said that in coaches, he looked for passion that translated into loyalty. I can't imaging that he had much fondness for unloyal people on the team. I don't know how you take a guy back who tried to leave. How can you expect that not to impact the locker room? His commitment to give the proverbial 110%, etc.?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

There’s a window where the portal closes that aligns with the enrollment deadline at most universities. I’d expect them to name a suitor by early January-ish at the latest.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
The window may not be applicable due to the coaching change. I’m not sure how of the timeline, but I know you can transfer outside of the window when the head coach changes.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The window may not be applicable due to the coaching change. I’m not sure how of the timeline, but I know you can transfer outside of the window when the head coach changes.
If any of our players have any ideas of using CML's death to extend the period to their benefit, I hope they just get out expeditiously and not lean on that. That would be a sign of a really sad human.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
As Drebin stated the enrollment deadline is the transfer deadline. I think its odd they are not announced yet. Pastures must not be as green as they expected.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m thinking Zavion realizes he got some bad advice and may come back if we let him. But that ship may have sailed.
I would take Zavion back if he wants to come back. But I think the standard policy should be if you enter the portal, it's a 1-way street with pretty limited exceptions.

Reactions: Whats my name

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
17'em, they "quit" when they walked into that portal to go find a better school, better deal, better team, better whatever, they QUIT.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
17'em, they "quit" when they walked into that portal to go find a better school, better deal, better team, better whatever, they QUIT.

I have more compassion than that. There are a lot of reasons kids think they need to leave, and most of the time it’s probably not that they hate their team or the school. Things change on them too— coaches get fired (Moorhead) and suddenly the system they thought they were playing in doesn’t exist, etc. many are trying to make it to the next level and want a system that works for them.

It’s a two way street.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
RaRa has narrowed it to OM and UGA. It's going to be OM. If he can get over the sporadic brick hands, he will do well in that offense.
Does Georgia genuinely have a spot for him? Not to come across as bitter, but while RaRa was clearly one of our better receivers, his 247 ranking would be one of the lowest from the last 4 years for UGA. It's just hard for me to imagine them putting together a lucrative NIL package for RaRa

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Does Georgia genuinely have a spot for him? Not to come across as bitter, but while RaRa was clearly one of our better receivers, his 247 ranking would be one of the lowest from the last 4 years for UGA. It's just hard for me to imagine them putting together a lucrative NIL package for RaRa
He would be the third wide receiver for UGA. At best. But they throw to tight ends as much if not more. He's apparently a head case. telling both schools that he's coming. This may be an addition by subtraction

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Rara was on again off again which is why he left. I imagine he wanted more praise than he was truly worth. Leach wasn't impressed with 2 or 3 good plays a game. Zavion or Elita? I would like to come back. I know for sure he wanted more receiver playing time and he woulda got it in 23. But we will keep on truckin without them

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Did these guys sign anywhere? Don't really give two ***** about DJ after he decided to nuke the bridge while crossing it, and hate to lose Rara, but Zavion would be a huge, huge win to retain.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login