For those curious….

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If Bama loses tonight to LSU….3-way 7-1 tie in the West between Bama / LSU / OM would go straight to the 7th tiebreaker, which is the last one before a coin flip to see who goes to Atlanta.

The 7th tiebreaker is the combined conference record of non-divisional opponents. None of the 3 teams share a common East division opponent.

Bama has UK and UT
OM has Vandy and UGA
LSU has UF and Mizzou

As things stand right now, LSU is in the best position with Mizzou and UF at a combined 6-3 in conference play. OM and Bama’s opponents are both a combined 5-5. It’s important to remember that if somehow the best record is of non-divisional opponents is shared between 2 teams, it goes to the 2-team tiebreaker which is head to head. So in this scenario, if Mizzou / UF finish 8-8 and UGA / Vandy finish 8-8, but UK / UT finish 7-9, OM goes to Atlanta by virtue of H2H win over LSU.

So rooting interest wise, in order of importance:

1) Roll Tide for the rest of the way
2) Root for whoever’s playing OM (easy)
3) Root for whoever is playing LSU
4) Root for UF / Mizzou here on out. Need separation between LSU’s East opponents record and OM’s.
5) Root for whoever is playing UGA and Vandy.
6) Root for UK and UT, although this one matters quite a bit less than the other 5 above. So rest easy if we somehow pull out the W today.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
If Bama loses tonight to LSU….3-way 7-1 tie in the West between Bama / LSU / OM would go straight to the 7th tiebreaker, which is the last one before a coin flip to see who goes to Atlanta.

The 7th tiebreaker is the combined conference record of non-divisional opponents. None of the 3 teams share a common East division opponent.

Bama has UK and UT
OM has Vandy and UGA
LSU has UF and Mizzou

As things stand right now, LSU is in the best position with Mizzou and UF at a combined 6-3 in conference play. OM and Bama’s opponents are both a combined 5-5. It’s important to remember that if somehow the best record is of non-divisional opponents is shared between 2 teams, it goes to the 2-team tiebreaker which is head to head. So in this scenario, if Mizzou / UF finish 8-8 and UGA / Vandy finish 8-8, but UK / UT finish 7-9, OM goes to Atlanta by virtue of H2H win over LSU.

4) Root for UF / Mizzou here on out. Need separation between LSU’s East opponents record and OM’s.
6) Root for UK and UT, although this one matters quite a bit less than the other 5 above. So rest easy if we somehow pull out the W today.
Personally, I don't care. If Ole Miss makes it congrats to them. If LSU makes it congrats. If Bummer makes it I don't care even more.

If we aren't an option then . . .

was21

May 29, 2007

Bama has UK and UT
OM has Vandy and UGA
LSU has UF and Mizzou

uuhh...with all due respect, I don't really care. I mean...where is State in that picture

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
If anything Ole Miss motivates all things State, whether it be by hatred or some other mechanism

if it takes Ole Miss doing well on the national stage to light a fire under the State decision makers a$$ - Hoddy 17ing Toddy

I might throw up now

I’ve always cheered for 2 teams State and whoever’s playing Mississippi

this is the 2020s version of the Crxxm Cxast Xffense

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Ole Miss needs to get to ATL, they already have the West Champions thing on their stadium… They need some substance behind that marker. On the other hand if they shared the title, but lost on tiebreaker, then they’d have 2 West Co-Championships but 0 trips to ATL.That would be funny to me….

Reactions: Dawg84

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
If anything Ole Miss motivates all things State, whether it be by hatred or some other mechanism

if it takes Ole Miss doing well on the national stage to light a fire under the State decision makers a$$ - Hoddy 17ing Toddy
I get what you're saying, but 17 that. This is a zero sum game, winner-take-all, fight to the death, all out war. Them vs. us. Bad guys vs. good guys.

There is no scenario in which I want them to win. Ever. When they win, we lose. Recruits, national exposure, momentum, pride, and in every other mother 17ing way. No way. Nuh uh. Nope.

Reactions: msstatelp1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login