For those of you who want to fire Leach now

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Well, if he's going to lose to our rival every year and that's an issue for some people, wouldn't you say they want to fire him?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
He won't be fired or hired away. But this loss seriously dampens my enthusiasm for the program.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We don’t need Cohen hiring another coach. Just be glad the Giants offered Judge the job or we would be in a bigger mess.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I don't want him fired but he needs to understand how embarrassing that was.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
I’m not sure about that to be honest. In the NFL it’s all about your offensive line and QB and Judge inherited crap at both places.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
He won't be fired or hired away. But this loss seriously dampens my enthusiasm for the program.

We dropped 2 touchdown passes in pouring rain in the first half. Assuming Sawyer isn’t some freak phenom, Will is going to be a preseason Heisman contender. We should have been 10-1 going into this game and should have won it. It’s like some of you guys want to go back to running it up the middle 3 times and punt it.

Edited to ad: State is ALWAYS going to frustrate you, but this is a fun offense to watch when it is clicking. Ole Miss is going to be struggling next year while we are knocking on HOPEFULLY 10-11 regular seasons wins.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Two so far tonight. One is a lurker just waiting for any chance to say they were right about Leach all along.
Actually I have not said we need to fire him tonight. What I HAVE said is if he loses to them NEXT year, he absolutely has to go. We never should have hired him in the first place, but we can't fire two coaches in a row after winning seasons, UNLESS that coach loses three straight to Ole Miss. In that case we absolutely HAVE to fire him or we are giving tacit recognition that they are the superior program. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Last edited:

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I’m not for firing leach this year but there should be people who are. Our team didn’t show up tonight and that’s unforgivable. The coaches and players embarrassed every MSU graduate tonight by playing with absolutely no heart. They should all be ashamed.

Aug 22, 2012
Actually I have not said we need to fire him tonight. What I HAVE said is if he loses to them NEXT year, he absolutely has to go. We never should have hired him in the first place, but we can't fire two coaches in a row after winning seasons, UNLESS that coach loses three straight to Ole Miss. In that case we absolutely HAVE to fire him or we are giving tacit recognition that they are the superior program. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Maybe we should see if Joe is available. 2-0 against Ole Miss.

Our fans are idiots

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
They hate Leach and are literally hoping he will fail. Just so we can go grab someone like Napier who is gonna look to go elsewhere and get out of Starkville as soon as he has a good record, just like Merlinz did all the time .

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
They hate Leach and are literally hoping he will fail. Just so we can go grab someone like Napier who is gonna look to go elsewhere and get out of Starkville as soon as he has a good record, just like Merlinz did all the time .
I hate Ole Miss. I tend to like coaches who beat them, at least as much as they lose to them, and not like coaches that don't. I am a lifelong Mississippi resident and this game MATTERS to me on a personal every day level. If Leach was 2-0 against them I would like him a HELL of a lot better. He probably would have won me over despite my dislike for his offensive scheme. Mullen won me over by going 3-0 to start.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

If we go 9-3 next year and Ole Miss is one of the 3, you'd want him fired? You must be fuсking stupid.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
I hate Ole Miss. I tend to like coaches who beat them, at least as much as they lose to them, and not like coaches that don't. I am a lifelong Mississippi resident and this game MATTERS to me on a personal every day level. If Leach was 2-0 against them I would like him a HELL of a lot better. He probably would have won me over despite my dislike for his offensive scheme. Mullen won me over by going 3-0 to start.

You're an idiot. Mullen's 3 best teams got smoked by OM and he lost with a Jr Dak team going into EB with 10-1 record and a Sr Dak team going into EB with 9-2 record. You hate Leach and you'd still give Mullen a BJ to come back and coach us dipshit.

STLDawg

Apr 16, 2017
I’m just looking for a coach that can raise some fire in the players and give the program some consistency. I’d take ‘09-‘13 Mullen back in a heartbeat. Even Moorhead knew how to get the team up for a rivalry game. Leach has no fire.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
If we go 9-3 next year and Ole Miss is one of the 3, you'd want him fired? You must be fuсking stupid.
I was on the fence with Joe. I had come to believe that he probably wasn't going to work out HERE, (I think he will be the third coach in MSU history that went on to win a natty elsewhere), but I did think us firing a coach who was 2-0 against them and had not had a losing record was pretentious. It haunted us on the hire and will again. We can't fire Leach this year for somewhat similar reasons. Now if he loses the Egg next year then that changes things. People understand not being happy with three straight losses to a bitter but equal rival. If you want to get beyond the Egg..........the Memphis and LSU losses this year were really inexcusable in hindsight. I realize we got cheated against Memphis but we never should have been in a situation where that call mattered.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
You're an idiot. Mullen's 3 best teams got smoked by OM and he lost with a Jr Dak team going into EB with 10-1 record and a Sr Dak team going into EB with 9-2 record. You hate Leach and you'd still give Mullen a BJ to come back and coach us dipshit.
Leach has yet to beat Ole Miss. When he does I'll think better of him.

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015
I’m just looking for a coach that can raise some fire in the players and give the program some consistency. I’d take ‘09-‘13 Mullen back in a heartbeat. Even Moorhead knew how to get the team up for a rivalry game. Leach has no fire.

The team seemed pretty fired up to start the game but not scoring touchdowns, missing field goals and dropping passes lost the game.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
The game was lost on lack of execution, period. In addition to our failed fg attempts and dropped td passes , we were 4 of 14 on third downs. We were not extending drives like we had the last few weeks and keeping their defense on the field. In addition Ole Miss led in time of possession.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Dramatic post is dramatic

Seriously, what's the endgame here?

Nobody sane is asking for Leach to be fired. Yes, I'm concerned about his rivalry history, but I also am high on the direction we are trending. No reason not to support Leach right now and be all in - no reason to be dramatic either.

GO DAWGS

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Hypocrite

I was on the fence with Joe. I had come to believe that he probably wasn't going to work out HERE, (I think he will be the third coach in MSU history that went on to win a natty elsewhere), but I did think us firing a coach who was 2-0 against them and had not had a losing record was pretentious. It haunted us on the hire and will again. We can't fire Leach this year for somewhat similar reasons. Now if he loses the Egg next year then that changes things. People understand not being happy with three straight losses to a bitter but equal rival. If you want to get beyond the Egg..........the Memphis and LSU losses this year were really inexcusable in hindsight. I realize we got cheated against Memphis but we never should have been in a situation where that call mattered.

You are nothing more than a 17 idiot. Go watch your black and white tv and enjoy your hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I have no doubt you are a poison pill on this board and hope you and your ilk just go away. I would love to see your monetary contribution to this university, which I’m confident is little to nothing.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
You are nothing more than a 17 idiot. Go watch your black and white tv and enjoy your hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I have no doubt you are a poison pill on this board and hope you and your ilk just go away. I would love to see your monetary contribution to this university, which I’m confident is little to nothing.
How do you get a hypocrite? Serious question. Not liking a MSU coach that has never beaten Ole Miss isn't one that you can call me a hypocrite over. In fact I am absolutely dumbfounded that I am having to defend that line of reasoning to professed "MSU fans".

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
You dumb as hell mane

Joe is a smart dude but he wasn't a match here.

Leach isnt perfect but we are trending the right direction. We floored out this season and got 7 wins. Execute better with more experienced players and we are 8 wins minimum and 10 reasonably. I'm looking forward to the future, but we need to recruit better on defense for me to feel really good. Time will tell.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login