For those of you who want to fire Leach now

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
We dropped 2 touchdown passes in pouring rain in the first half. Assuming Sawyer isn’t some freak phenom, Will is going to be a preseason Heisman contender. We should have been 10-1 going into this game and should have won it. It’s like some of you guys want to go back to running it up the middle 3 times and punt it.

Edited to ad: State is ALWAYS going to frustrate you, but this is a fun offense to watch when it is clicking. Ole Miss is going to be struggling next year while we are knocking on HOPEFULLY 10-11 regular seasons wins.

If you want to call a drizzle "pouring rain," by all means. But it wasn't pouring rain at any point tonight.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Joe is a smart dude but he wasn't a match here.

Leach isnt perfect but we are trending the right direction. We floored out this season and got 7 wins. Execute better with more experienced players and we are 8 wins minimum and 10 reasonably. I'm looking forward to the future, but we need to recruit better on defense for me to feel really good. Time will tell.
That was EXACTLY what I said about Joe. Leach is a known commodity and there is no reason at all to expect he will be any different here. If that's what you want then he is your man. It's not what I want for MSU. I have higher aspirations.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
If you want to call a drizzle "pouring rain," by all means. But it wasn't pouring rain at any point tonight.
I was wondering about that. Where I live was a couple of hours ahead of Starkville with this system, but it never was never more than a steady light rain, and by about 4pm it was just sporadic light drizzle. On TV they kept showing against the lights and it did look worse.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012

No kidding that was another thing, these guys were not dropping passes in their hands in a mist if anything. That was not the problem.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Rivalry

How do you get a hypocrite? Serious question. Not liking a MSU coach that has never beaten Ole Miss isn't one that you can call me a hypocrite over. In fact I am absolutely dumbfounded that I am having to defend that line of reasoning to professed "MSU fans".

State lost last year once our most sure handed receiver fumbled at the goal line. This year, receiver’s drop perfect passes and our kicker misses short kicks. How the 17 is that on Leach? Players have to make plays. The coach simply makes the calls for the players to execute. The on side kick is on Leach. Should have never happened.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Dream on.....we won't sniff 10 wins next year. And where did I say I want to run the damn football?

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
I am a lifelong Mississippi resident and this game MATTERS to me on a personal every day level. If Leach was 2-0 against them I would like him a HELL of a lot better. He probably would have won me over despite my dislike for his offensive scheme. Mullen won me over by going 3-0 to start.

I reccomend therapy. Seriously. I'll admit, I live in Atlanta and I don't have to interact with UMiss fans every day. But if your personal feelings of self worth are tied to a single sporting event that you have no control over, then you have issues.

We're all disappointed. You are embarrassing yourself. You are the reason Rebel fans claim we would be happy going 1-11, as long as that 1 was UMiss.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
We dropped 2 touchdown passes in pouring rain in the first half. Assuming Sawyer isn’t some freak phenom, Will is going to be a preseason Heisman contender. We should have been 10-1 going into this game and should have won it. It’s like some of you guys want to go back to running it up the middle 3 times and punt it.

Edited to ad: State is ALWAYS going to frustrate you, but this is a fun offense to watch when it is clicking. Ole Miss is going to be struggling next year while we are knocking on HOPEFULLY 10-11 regular seasons wins.

You know you're a state fan when all of your sentences contain the phrases "should have" and "if only"

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
When OM fans say that we are obsessed with them they are correct. Our fanbase is so dumb sometimes. Clearly we are still a few steps away from a great season, and should have a 10 win season next year.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
If you think our team that is made up of a lot of MS kids needs to be fired up for that game, you’re as dumb as shankly. I’d worry more about having kids who can’t get fired up on their own. Leach is a steady Eddie fellow. He’s not emotional. If that’s a newsflash for you, you should just stick to reading and stop posting.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
When Reb is basically telling you not to fire a guy.......................

Huh? His post was meant to indicate that OM fans would like to see him gone. Which means that they are capable of looking at the big picture beyond just that one game per year. Apparently some of our fans are not.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
No one with an intelligent opinion wants anything to do with Leach getting fired.

The guy has a done a great job.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
Huh? His post was meant to indicate that OM fans would like to see him gone. Which means that they are capable of looking at the big picture beyond just that one game per year. Apparently some of our fans are not.

Correct. I wanted y’all to give Moorhead a third year. I could see the trajectory and it was trending downward. With Leach, I can be realistic and acknowledge that y’all could easily have been 8-2 coming into the Egg Bowl. The offense is starting to show what it’s capable of, etc. Obviously you aren’t firing Leach, that would be moronic. But just like y’all with Kiffin, if he took another job I wouldn’t be mad about it.

I think Ole Miss was the better team last night, but they had (my opinion) the best QB in the country and a lot of veteran contributors. They left a lot out there, as well. But you can clearly see MSU getting better each week. I think you’ll be an 8 win team with a tough schedule next year, with a chance to get to 9.

Much like us with Lebby, y’all hanging on to Arnett through what’s fixing to be a WILD coaching carousel, is paramount.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There is no endgame for them. They are dumb.

IF YOU WANT TO FIRE LEACH RIGHT NOW, I’m willing to bet your iq isn’t above 109. I’m willing to pay to find out too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login