Forbes declared for the draft....

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yes Or No GIF

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Currently projected for the 3rd round, but could work his way up at the combine. Couldn’t fault him at all for skipping the bowl game….he’s in that zone where a good showing could be huge but an injury could be devastating for his stock.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
he could work himself into the first round with another year, and quintuple the money he MIGHT get this year. 3rd round and he could very well get stuck on a practice squad

Get real. 3rd rounders are literally never on the practice squad. And you only have a 10-12 year window at best to make money in the NFL. Once you’re ready, you gotta make the leap because you can’t get that college year back. You are what you are as a prospect after 2-3 years of playing in the SEC….another year isn’t going to help him.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The only way he'll be pushed and grow is in the next level. He's already at the highest level you can get in college in his skill set

Reactions: Olegreyboy

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He definitely has nothing left to prove and no way that dude is on a practice squad. Day one starter. Look at what Emerson is doing. He is at least just as good
I’ll give you 2 to 1 odds he isn’t a day 1 starter.

And that’s not based on Forbes ability either.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Best of luck. Hope he leaves with a degree or comes back to finish one.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Don't blame him going pro but I'm not a fan of players skipping bowl games. Get The Bulldog Inititative to buy him an insurance policy covering the bowl game.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Agree. I was shocked that he was projected that low, but it was a fairly universal consensus across most projections.
Well.. the current starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys was a 4th round pick.

THAT was the biggest NFL Draft steal since Tom Brady.

Sometimes you wonder what these folks are looking at. It definitely isn’t level of competition and accomplishment.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Agree. I was shocked that he was projected that low, but it was a fairly universal consensus across most projections.
I think the only thing hurting him is unfortunately something he can’t control. His height and size

If he was 6’2”, I have zero doubt that he’d be a first rounder

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
3rd round is still a solid draft position. Very rarely is a 3rd rounder simply a practice squad player.

💯 outside of very few positions in todays NFL with the cap you are counting on 2nd and 3rd rounders to be starters at least by year 2

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
3rd round is still a solid draft position. Very rarely is a 3rd rounder simply a practice squad player.

And even when it does happen, its after the player is on an active roster for at least a year or two, and doesn’t pan out because of either injury or lack of work ethic. Its usually never due to lack of ability.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
This is the exact situation where we thank the man for his service and root for him at the next level. There is nothing more that he could prove at the college level. He could get a little more national press and maybe up his draft stock with another year, but he could also get injured and be out of football completely. I wish him the best and will be rooting for him no matter what team he plays for.

Jul 5, 2020
I'm excited for him and hope that, being in the 3rd round, he gets a chance to go to a team with a good front office, coaching staff and roster and not end up at a Detroit or Carolina. I agree that his size is the biggest reason he's not projected higher.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login