Former Ole Miss Player and current FIU player Luke Knox dead at 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That is sad. You are just starting life at 22.

The comment section is interesting with the “safe and effective” and “died suddenly” comments.

Its the FoxNews comments section- its somehow both always interesting and always sad to read.
People will tie any issue to their focused agenda and for some reason people are still hyper focused on all the unfounded conspiracies surrounding the covid vaccines. Its hundreds of comments ranging from people 'just asking questions' to others flat out saying the vaccine is what caused Knox's death.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
If you haven't seen absolutely crazy **** happening to healthy people you know (especially really healthy people), you are statistically fortunate. It will be obvious at some point. I haven't watched the news since 2004, I feel 95% of our politicians are sociopath pos on both sides, I am not influenced by left or right but I do believe our government, media, and pharma are full of **** and do not really care about us.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Its the FoxNews comments section- its somehow both always interesting and always sad to read.
People will tie any issue to their focused agenda and for some reason people are still hyper focused on all the unfounded conspiracies surrounding the covid vaccines. Its hundreds of comments ranging from people 'just asking questions' to others flat out saying the vaccine is what caused Knox's death.

That damned Fox News! If it wasn't for those knuckle draggers we wouldn't have all of the media political bias! Is it too late to return my Chris Cuomo t-shirt?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
That is sad. You are just starting life at 22.

The comment section is interesting with the “safe and effective” and “died suddenly” comments.

I mean its the Fox News comments section. He could have died while base jumping without a parachute and they would somehow tie it back to the vaccine.

ETA: This is not an indictment of Fox News itself as this is a very neutral article almost by nature. It’s more of an indictment of the lunatic fringe of those who reside in the comments section of all sites. If it was a CNN article, you’d have similar lunatics saying its from long Covid effects that arose from not getting the vaccine.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Just to fact check:

If you haven't seen absolutely crazy **** happening to healthy people you know (especially really healthy people), you are statistically fortunate.
No clue on this. I will say I am statistically fortunate in that the only people I knew of that had serious complications from COVID were several degrees of separation from me.

95% of our politicians are sociopath pos on both sides,
Truish. Right percentage may be more like 90% or 93%, but close enough.

our government, media, and pharma are full of **** and do not really care about us.
True as to government and media. Don't know about pharma. I would bet false if I had to but don't know.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
I’m not sure what yall are doing in this thread but this is not a vaccine issue.

Luke has struggled with addiction for a while which is why he moved from OM to FIU. His family was trying to get him away from some of his influences and also get him closer to Coach MacIntyre who he and his family have known for a long time considering their Brentwood roots.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If you haven't seen absolutely crazy **** happening to healthy people you know (especially really healthy people), you are statistically fortunate.
I know one person who (allegedly) had some sort of brain problem from the vaccine. But I also know thousands who have not had any problems. I know a good many of who died from COVID. Take from that what you will.

I haven't watched the news since 2004
How do you form such strong opinions if you have no news source?

I feel 95% of our politicians are sociopath pos on both sides
The people we elect are a direct reflection of the public. Sure, to be elected, you have to be pretty 'popular' so to speak so they are likely a little more on the fake side in general, but this "95% are sociopaths" is just you looking for someone to blame.

I am not influenced by left or right but I do believe our government, media, and pharma are full of **** and do not really care about us.
Trust me, the government/media/and pharma are way too big to have more than a GENERAL agenda. They are made up of people. People generally care about themselves. This is just a human behavior pattern.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I mean its the Fox News comments section. He could have died while base jumping without a parachute and they would somehow tie it back to the vaccine.

ETA: This is not an indictment of Fox News itself as this is a very neutral article almost by nature. It’s more of an indictment of the lunatic fringe of those who reside in the comments section of all sites. If it was a CNN article, you’d have similar lunatics saying its from long Covid effects that arose from not getting the vaccine.

I just don't like using one to make such a statement when they all and their fervent followers are so full of ****.

Sorry. Probably the wrong thread to make my point but it somehow went in that direction to begin with when both left and right have plenty of examples of the lunatic fringe.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You should see the Twitter comments, every comment I saw no matter who was linking an article blamed it on "the vaccine".

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ve known a lot more young seemingly healthy people that died suddenly before the vaccine than since. Young seemingly healthy people sometimes die. It’s not the damn vaccine.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That damned Fox News! If it wasn't for those knuckle draggers we wouldn't have all of the media political bias! Is it too late to return my Chris Cuomo t-shirt?

Way to go over the top. I certainly did not say, nor imply, that all other media lacks political bias. And to be clear, I did not complain about the article on FoxNews(which is the media) as the article seemed well written.

I simply dont know how you can read that article and then read 50 posts in the comments section and come away thinking FoxNews comments section is a healthy place. If Twitter and Facebook had a baby, it would be named FoxNews Comments Section.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Comment sections of new stories are a cesspool of stupidity and it’s not mutually exclusive to a political spectrum.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Can you simply just leave good thoughts or prayers for the young man’s family? 17’s sake

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Methinks there was fentanyl involved somewhere it shouldn't have been

This wouldn't surprise me. I am dealing with this problem with a family member right now. It is crazy how bad it is in MS and most don't have a clue about it. I know I was in the dark about it and my eyes have been opened up to the pandemic. In particular liquid fentanyl is a serious problem in central MS with our youth and you hardly hear a peep about it out of the media. Prayers sent for the Knox family.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
This wouldn't surprise me. I am dealing with this problem with a family member right now. It is crazy how bad it is in MS and most don't have a clue about it. I know I was in the dark about it and my eyes have been opened up to the pandemic. In particular liquid fentanyl is a serious problem in central MS with our youth and you hardly hear a peep about it out of the media. Prayers sent for the Knox family.
What exactly is fentanyl? Where does it come from and how do you take it?

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’ve known a lot more young seemingly healthy people that died suddenly before the vaccine than since. Young seemingly healthy people sometimes die. It’s not the damn vaccine.

I mean, it's probably not the vaccine. Humans typically are really bad at assessing risk with low probability events. With something like COVID, trying to figure out what medicines are effective when the fatality rate of the disease is south of 1% and highly influenced by factors like age and health is hard, even when people are actually tracking results across thousands of cases. Sure as hell can't tell something like a vaccine is dangerous (or not ) based on subjective impressions of how often a rare event happened across time periods.

Sep 15, 2009
synthetic opioid 100 times more potent than morphine

*** I see some dumb s*** disliked the truth I posted. The definition of Fentanyl was not made up

Last edited:

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014

Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times more powerful than morphine. It is called the 1 and done drug by therapist, doctors and psychiatrist who work with addicts b/c they say if it doesn't kill you it addicts you typically the first time. I have spent hours upon hours researching this the past few weeks. Fentanyl can be taken as a pill disguised as another drug typically Percocet, oxycodone, xanax etc. Tobacco products and marijuana can also be laced with it. The newest fad is liquid fentanyl and many believe the origin of turning it into a liquid to vape came from MS (specifically central MS, Rankin County). It is probably the greatest killer of our youth right now. Many cases of suicide in kids you hear about fall back to fentanyl. It creates a powerful high and a crashing low which leads to very deep depression. Most of it is being produced in China on the black market and then trafficked through Mexico. Dealers have turned to it b/c it is very cheap and addicting. This weekend I saw a billboard in Dallas that stated 1 and Done FENTANYL on the side of I-20. I am contemplating speaking with someone in our state legislator to get funds to place a billboard up like that around here due to the lack of knowledge that is known about it in MS. I have spoke with agents with MBN, doctors, therapist, psychiatrist and some local police and my conclusion is it an epidemic right under our noses that many refuse to acknowledge or think it's not that bad. This drug doesn't discriminate, all races and ethnicities are being hit with it.

In 2021 DEA confiscated over 9.5 million pills of fentanyl being smuggled into the country that had deadly doses within them.

Last edited:

Willowdawg

Dec 25, 2020
Yea this **** is literally wiping out a generation. I know this is off topic but I struggled with addiction myself. From my experience the state of Mississippi has the absolute worse resources for an addict who has lost everything or who never had anything to begin with. Mainly because that's Mississippi, but there just aren't very many people that give a ****. That's why you see a lot of young people get shipped off to another state. Florida supposedly is like the recovery capital, but if you aren't ready then death, homelessness and/or jail is very likely.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Do you read the comments at other news sites?

Or do you just agree with all of that stupidity that you read?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We have a former employee who is addicted to it. It really is one of the saddest things to see happen and there’s just not much you can do about it because it’s so powerfully addicting.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times more powerful than morphine. It is called the 1 and done drug by therapist, doctors and psychiatrist who work with addicts b/c they say if it doesn't kill you it addicts you typically the first time. I have spent hours upon hours researching this the past few weeks. Fentanyl can be taken as a pill disguised as another drug typically Percocet, oxycodone, xanax etc. Tobacco products and marijuana can also be laced with it. The newest fad is liquid fentanyl and many believe the origin of turning it into a liquid to vape came from MS (specifically central MS, Rankin County). It is probably the greatest killer of our youth right now. Many cases of suicide in kids you hear about fall back to fentanyl. It creates a powerful high and a crashing low which leads to very deep depression. Most of it is being produced in China on the black market and then trafficked through Mexico. Dealers have turned to it b/c it is very cheap and addicting. This weekend I saw a billboard in Dallas that stated 1 and Done FENTANYL on the side of I-20. I am contemplating speaking with someone in our state legislator to get funds to place a billboard up like that around here due to the lack of knowledge that is known about it in MS. I have spoke with agents with MBN, doctors, therapist, psychiatrist and some local police and my conclusion is it an epidemic right under our noses that many refuse to acknowledge or think it's not that bad. This drug doesn't discriminate, all races and ethnicities are being hit with it.

In 2021 DEA confiscated over 9.5 million pills of fentanyl being smuggled into the country that had deadly doses within them.
Damn. I've never come across that stuff. Not that I normally would but I've just never seen much about it. Of course I've had smaller kids so just now coming out of that bubble, need to learn a little bit before they become teenagers it looks like.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Fentanyl is also awful because a lot of people never intend to take it. Because it's so concentrated, it's easy to smuggle into the US and then cut it. Which also means it's tempting for drug traffickers to use it in combination with other drugs that aren't as easy to transport to juice them up and "stretch" the supply. And because it's so deadly, it's really easy to inadvertently kill people with an overdose. Lots of ODs you see are people that got drugs laced with fentanyl where the person doing the lacing screwed up the concentration.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Yea this **** is literally wiping out a generation. I know this is off topic but I struggled with addiction myself. From my experience the state of Mississippi has the absolute worse resources for an addict who has lost everything or who never had anything to begin with. Mainly because that's Mississippi, but there just aren't very many people that give a ****. That's why you see a lot of young people get shipped off to another state. Florida supposedly is like the recovery capital, but if you aren't ready then death, homelessness and/or jail is very likely.

What does Florida do to help addicts that MS needs to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login