Fox Big Noon Coverage

RochLion

Oct 29, 2021
Cell service around the outside of the stadium last week for Illinois game was terrible, even worse in the stands. Luckily I transferred the Ticketmaster tickets to my Wallet or I would have been screwed at the gate.
Yes. On top of downloading to my wallet I carry a printed copy so in case there is any screw up with the ticket there are Tickmaster reps at the stadium that will get you equivalent or better seats. That's what I've heard at least. Don't believe StubHub does that.

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
The Zamboni comment once to relate the story is one thing. However, when Penn State has a big offensive play, it’s asinine to yell “the big Zamboni dialed one up!”
This is one of Gus’s biggest problems: he has to beat everything to death. Great example, too.

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
The problem is that Gus is the play by play guy, not the color guy. Vitale, John Madden, etc. are the color guy, so they can be bombastic.

Fox is setting up Gus to become the “legendary” announcer who stays on well after he has lost his fastball, like happened with Keith Jackson, Pat Summerall, and Al Michaels. No one really minded those guys hanging on a bit too long. But I’m afraid Gus’s act will wear very thin before he calls it quits.
There is not an announcer today that even comes close to any of those three, especially Keith Jackson. All of the guys now talk way too much trying to impress everyone on their knowledge. Plus they are all lousy anyway. Gus is one of the worst. There are a few that are bearable but mostly I watch with the sound off. And if herbstreit and fowler are on the broadcast I can hardly bear watching with the sound off just knowing they are on there. I really hate them mostly because of fowler but yeah I will pass. Sound turned off is good.

• Love
Reactions: LionJim

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login