Fox Big Noon Coverage

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
I just don't understand why Gus Johnson can't use his normal voice when he calls a game. On top of that, I can't believe that his shtick has made him so much money in his career.

Reactions: Keyser Soze 16802
Sep 17, 2024
Joel Klatt is more duplicitous than Herbie. Both laud PSU in the pre-season and then gradually DUs the Lions as the season unfolds.

During yesterday’s broadcast Klatt was whining like a spoiled brat over what he considered biased officiating favoring PSU.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
I just don't understand why Gus Johnson can't use his normal voice when he calls a game. On top of that, I can't believe that his shtick has made him so much money in his career.

He’s the Dick Vitale of college football. It’s more about his constant yelling and (what he considers) funny sayings rather than what’s actually happening on the field. It’s does get a bit contrived and over the top at times. After a while it just wears thin.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I'm no fan of Gus Johnson but his comment during the game yesterday was a classic (loosely quoted):

"One of my favorite things about coming to Penn State.........the phones don't work"

Even Joel Klatt laughed out loud!
I loathe and detest Gus Johnson as an announcer. But more importantly why is worried about his phone when he's calling the game?
He should be banned from doing Penn State games for his stupid "Big Zamboni" comment alone.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Joel Klatt is more duplicitous than Herbie. Both laud PSU in the pre-season and then gradually DUs the Lions as the season unfolds.

During yesterday’s broadcast Klatt was whining like a spoiled brat over what he considered biased officiating favoring PSU.
Well he was right on the holding call against UCLA and then the non holding call against us. I don't think the officials are biased, just bad. Well accept for the ACC refs who are doing everything they can to keep Miami in the hunt. :rolleyes:
But the refs missed the UCLA OL moving before the snap, several times.

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
I loathe and detest Gus Johnson as an announcer. But more importantly why is worried about his phone when he's calling the game?
He should be banned from doing Penn State games for his stupid "Big Zamboni" comment alone.
The Zamboni comment once to relate the story is one thing. However, when Penn State has a big offensive play, it’s asinine to yell “the big Zamboni dialed one up!”

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
The phone service is absolutely ridiculous. You can’t even use your phone for Ticketmaster etx. I finally got it to work right at the gate after 5 min where I had the “psu fan” wi fi.. the line for “printed tickets at 25 bucks” was a hundred people long. What a scam!!
the only time I could get Wi-Fi the whole game was at the gate. Couldn’t send a text in the parking lot or stadium. Learned something. If your text just keeps going and doesn’t send turn it to airplane mode for a minute then turn phone back on and text stops. Saves your battery!!!

Superdave63

Oct 31, 2021
I've never needed a phone or an internet connection at a game. There is a game to watch.
Too funny. I tell my kids, this is what it was like to come to a game in the 70's. Tailgating and watching the game. No selfies, no texts, no social media............we had just as much fun.

Reactions: Nitt1300

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login