free agency

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
So if Marcus Bullard's twin brother had gotten arrested and sentenced his senior year of high school, he is fine to come back at 43 but Marcus isn't?

I do think it's a little more damning to still be that stupid after getting a chance to escape your environment versus being that stupid before you get to college. And I'm not necessarily opposed to drawing the line over that, but it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Seems like it would make more sense to just have an age limit, which I'd also be fine with.
i do get your point. But i think this opens the door of. 25-26-27 year olds playing against 18 year olds whcih i dont think is good.

Think you get that freshman onto campus. He figures out as a junior he aint good enough. He quits. Then juices up, etc, comes back 3 years later after figuring out the ins and outs... and dominates the game as a man playing against boys is the door your opening.. and its not worth it

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm unaware of a court ruling that the NCAA can't make rules for its member universities. The legal argument is when you start letting Player A play without sitting out, you can't require Player B to sit out.
It's called "case law". Y'all can say the ncaa did one thing here and another there ... but each case stands on its own merits. Regardless when the courts slapped an injunction for one case, all other players after would file suits as well.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It's called "case law". Y'all can say the ncaa did one thing here and another there ... but each case stands on its own merits. Regardless when the courts slapped an injunction for one case, all other players after would file suits as well.
Honest question: Can anyone provide an example of a court ruling against the NCAA on the issue of immediate eligibility BEFORE the NCAA started relaxing the rules/making exceptions?

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Honest question: Can you provide an example of a court ruling against the NCAA on the issue of immediate eligibility BEFORE the NCAA started relaxing the rules/making exceptions?
your qualification of "making exceptions" could be any case of your opinion at any point in time. So, no. I linked an article in this thread, of the injunction that I am referencing.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
your qualification of "making exceptions" could be any case of your opinion at any point in time. So, no. I linked an article in this thread, of the injunction that I am referencing.
The article is behind a paywall, but the first paragraph gets to my point:
Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 3.56.07 PM.png
This lawsuit comes two years after the one-time, penalty-free transfer rule.

The NCAA opened this can of worms.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login