FSU Norvell

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
People acting like undefeated teams haven't gotten in the playoffs or championship game before.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Watched a little of the Orange Bowl press conference. Kirby and Norvell said all the right things but it was evident neither really wanted to be there.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Norvell is rightfully pissed but I’m just glad they didn’t put Bama and UGA in. I’ll be damned if I’d watch those two play each other again. It’s like watching a team play themselves. Bama and Michigan might be pretty good and TX has a solid shot to win it all. WA will probably have to catch some big breaks to pull it off.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
They should change the name of the bowl from Orange Bowl to Opt Out Bowl.

Reactions: Drebin

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
We would all be livid if we were in their shoes as would any other power 5 fanbase. If a p5 team wins all its scheduled games and its championship, there is NO way they should have been left out unless there were 4 other p5 teams that did the same. The right choice should have been 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Texas (with their head to head win over Bama). Next 2 highest bowls I would have put Bama vs. Ohio State and Georgia vs Oregon.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Texas takes it all. They got ‘some kind studs’ on both sides of the ball. I normally never pull for Bama, but after this year of St. Harbaugh being punished for being a little angel in heaven, I hope Bama crushes them into the little turf at the Rose Bowl. It’s what his cheatin’ a*s deserves.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
This is nothing more than the ACC being punished for holding up the expanded playoffs. FSU just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and their QB getting hurt just gave the committee an excuse.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We would all be livid if we were in their shoes as would any other power 5 fanbase. If a p5 team wins all its scheduled games and its championship, there is NO way they should have been left out unless there were 4 other p5 teams that did the same. The right choice should have been 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Texas (with their head to head win over Bama). Next 2 highest bowls I would have put Bama vs. Ohio State and Georgia vs Oregon.
Being undefeated in a P5 conference, especially if it's the ACC, shouldn't automatically get you in the playoffs. However, FSU played LSU and Florida out of conference. They didn't know Florida was going to be ****** this year and had every reason to think LSU would be good (and they were pretty good, with their only losses coming to 12-1 Bama, 13-0 FSU, and 10-2 Ole Miss). Should have been Michigan, WSU, Bama, and FSU. UT had the head to head but Bama had wins against UGA, Ole Miss, and UTenn and fair or not, you can't leave out the SEC when they have been dominating the way they have. But if it had been UTex instead of Bama, that wouldn't have been ridiculous at all.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The committee was ushering in the super conferences:

View attachment 467884
FSU made their decision when they signed the grant of rights agreement in 2013 and 2016. They've been trying to get out of the ACC for at least the last two years, but there's nothing they can do until the agreement gets closer to its end.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
ok, mich didnt belong
Happy If You Say So GIF

Juice/

Oct 1, 2023
I hope FSU rallies together and kicks Georgia’s ***, putting them 3-0 against “it just means more”.
Screw fsu. They are as arrogant as any of those other teams.. plus they played a horrible schedule. Just judging from the strength of it. It was embarrassing. I hope uga beats the brakes off if them. The only hope fsu has is if uga is motivated at all.

Juice/

Oct 1, 2023
This is nothing more than the ACC being punished for holding up the expanded playoffs. FSU just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and their QB getting hurt just gave the committee an excuse.
That and the sugar water schedule they played.

Juice/

Oct 1, 2023
They played 2 SEC teams OOC. Is it their fault Florida sharted the bed this year? They played a power 5 conference schedule.
Yes, a very weak one. And their strength of schedule was poor by any standard.

It sucks for them and I would be pissed also if I were a fan of fsu. But there are very good reasons why they didn't get in.

on a side note I feel nothing for them. Even though I understand why they feel slighted. They are as arrogant as any other fans.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You must be an ice skating fan.
No, I'm a football fan. Florida State is not one of the four best teams in America right now. This isn't even a debatable point. Georgia has a much bigger gripe than FSU, and their gripe should be with Texas, not Alabama.

You must pee sitting down like all the rest of the FSU fans.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
one of the four best teams in America right now.
What a terrible way to pick the teams for the playoff. "best teams" (subjective) and "right now" (even more subjective).

But unfortunately, the committee thinks like you do, and it's also why the 4-team playoff is a big pile of shlt and always has been.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No, I'm a football fan. Florida State is not one of the four best teams in America right now. This isn't even a debatable point. Georgia has a much bigger gripe than FSU, and their gripe should be with Texas, not Alabama.

FSU vs UGA is for the NC.

How do you know about other men sitting down to pee? Have you been peeking over the stall doors?

The committee made a huge mistake. Georgia has no gripe. They lost to try and get 2 SEC teams in. They got what they deserved.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

For the record Georgia opened as a two TD favorite.....if they both play up to potential it'll be more than that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login