Gabe Jackson

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Just saw him at Premier Ford in Columbus getting his truck serviced. Spoke with one of the service people about Mullen too. He said they repossessed his wife's Ford after he did a Toyota commercial. He's not thought of well at that dealership.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Just saw him at Premier Ford in Columbus getting his truck serviced. Spoke with one of the service people about Mullen too. He said they repossessed his wife's Ford after he did a Toyota commercial. He's not thought of well at that dealership.

Repossessed whose Ford? Mullen or Jackson?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They repossessed a car because he did a commercial?

Reactions: She Mate Me

patdog

May 28, 2007
They repossessed a car because he did a commercial?
They can't just repossess a car because someone does a commercial. Either it was a dealer car they were letting use or he wasn't making the payments. Either way, I've got no problem with them taking the car back.

Reactions: Indognito

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They can't just repossess a car because someone does a commercial. Either it was a dealer car they were letting use or he wasn't making the payments. Either way, I've got no problem with them taking the car back.

I knew Bill Russell a bit years ago (He's nothing like the ads by the way, nice down to earth guy).

I vaguely remember this story as I think more about it. He must have told it somewhere. It was a demo I think

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
They allowed Strat, Mrs Mullen and a couple of other State Admins to use Ford demos. When Mullen did his first Hogan Toyota commercial they took Mrs Mullens vehicle back.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They allowed Strat, Mrs Mullen and a couple of other State Admins to use Ford demos. When Mullen did his first Hogan Toyota commercial they took Mrs Mullens vehicle back.

I’d say that speaks way more poorly of the dealership than it does the Mullens. And I’m sure the check from the Toyota commercial more than covered whatever car they took back….and then some.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’d say that speaks way more poorly of the dealership than it does the Mullens. And I’m sure the check from the Toyota commercial more than covered whatever car they took back….and then some.

I've met both and I'd pick the Ford dealer over the football coach every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Even if he is a huge Bama fan.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seriously? One dealership lets you drive their car for free and you go and do a commercial for their competitor? I don’t know of any business in the country that wouldn’t have taken the car back.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Seriously? One dealership lets you drive their car for free and you go and do a commercial for their competitor? I don’t know of any business in the country that wouldn’t have taken the car back.

I’d say it depends on the conditions of the agreement? Did he sign something saying he’d never do a competitor commercial? Or did Megan Mullen sign something saying her husband wouldn’t do a conpetitor commercial? Was the whole thing just handshake only?

In the general sense, I don’t see much to gain business-wise or perception-wise from needling the highest or second highest paid state employee and possibly the most visible figure in the state (who certainly didn’t need or probably even ask for their charity) by making them return a vehicle over a dumb local commercial. Seems like a good way to get him / them to do even more Toyota commercials, actually.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Having the HC's Wife riding in one of your cars is good for the dealership and for sure's gonna get them some extra bidness outta that. I'm assuming the Toyota ad was for a local dealership that the local Ford Dealership competes with so that's not a good look. If Mullen turned down a commercial request from Ford but opted for Toyota then I can see the Ford Folks getting pissed. Getting a loaner car repo'd was no sweat off the Mullen family.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's kinda strange. When I knew Premier Ford Bill Russell, it honestly never crossed my mind he had the same name as a basketball legend. It's like I had some kind of block about it.

Maybe because one is a short, portly white man and the other was, not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login