Gal at Home Depot Tupelo dated Butch Thompson

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I was there yesterday and she checked me out and asked me about State baseball (she was wearing an Old Miss shirt). I said, "You mean the National Champs"? She said they may win it this year and I told her I like Butch Thompson from Aberdeen. She said, "He's from Amory! I went to HS with him and dated him". Thought y'all would find it interesting.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
He’s from Amory. It’s confusing because a lot of rural Monroe county has an Aberdeen address but is in the Amory school district therefore they claim Amory as home. He grew up about two miles from where I’m currently sitting Saying someone who went to school in Amory if from Aberdeen is about like saying that Mississippi State is in Oxford.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Slight thread hijack, but how cool would it be to work at Home Depot? I’ve told my wife that when I finish my career and retire, I’m taking a couple weeks off then going to turn in my application at Home Depot.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He’s from Amory. It’s confusing because a lot of rural Monroe county has an Aberdeen address but is in the Amory school district therefore they claim Amory as home. He grew up about two miles from where I’m currently sitting Saying someone who went to school in Amory if from Aberdeen is about like saying that Mississippi State is in Oxford.

Anything south of Becker is Aberdeen until you get South to Egypt or Northeast to Wise's Gap and Splunge...

right?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Anything south of Becker is Aberdeen until you get South to Egypt or Northeast to Wise's Gap and Splunge...

right?
West of the river everything from basically the Aberdeen city limits and north is Amory except for the far NW corner and that’s Nettleton. South of Aberdeen to the Clay county line is Aberdeen. West of the river Amory and Smithville are small islands, everything else is divided between Hatley and Hamilton Becker is just the red headed stepchild of Hatley.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
West of the river everything from basically the Aberdeen city limits and north is Amory except for the far NW corner and that’s Nettleton. South of Aberdeen to the Clay county line is Aberdeen. West of the river Amory and Smithville are small islands, everything else is divided between Hatley and Hamilton Becker is just the red headed stepchild of Hatley.

I grew up in Amory and Smithville but ran all over the county. It's a really big county and Aberdeen use to be the beer capital of a dry county. I worked in Amory and Tupelo so I never went to Aberdeen.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If and when I ever go back to work I’m going to work at the Ace Hardware or my fathers first job when he returned from WW2 was at our local hardware store. The store is still there and owned by the same family. I may go work there awhile just to complete the circle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login