Game day Parking

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Headed north for the first time in 5-6 years tomorrow and don’t what has/hasn’t changed. Any recommendations for parking, preparation, etc?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If you don't have parking pass for campus I would park down by Starkville daily news. Hop on the shuttle. It will let you out right by the stadium. You can hop back on it when the game is finished. It is all free. Just don't park in the Burgers and Blues parking lot but you can park anywhere else without any issue. That is what we do.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If you don't have parking pass for campus I would park down by Starkville daily news. Hop on the shuttle. It will let you out right by the stadium. You can hop back on it when the game is finished. It is all free. Just don't park in the Burgers and Blues parking lot but you can park anywhere else without any issue. That is what we do.
The shuttle is great for going to the game. Leaving the game is another story, although it will be less of an issue given the opponent tomorrow.

They really restrict traffic on campus these days. There's public-pay parking on the east side of campus back behind the old burger king off E. Lee, and sometimes you can get lucky and find some cheaper parking out behind campus book mart or in the area where the old BSU building sits across the street from there. There's some public parking out on the south side towards the intramural fields, and along Blackjack road to the southwest.

Here's a gameday parking map

Interactive parking map

Last edited:
Reactions: GloryDawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
you can park for free behind the Church of Christ (near the honors dorms), less than one mile walk to the stadium. We've parked there for years and never had an issue.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The shuttle is great for going to the game. Leaving the game is another story, although it will be less of an issue given the opponent tomorrow.

They really restrict traffic on campus these days. There's public-pay parking on the east side of campus back behind the old burger king off E. Lee, and sometimes you can get lucky and find some cheaper parking out behind campus book mart or in the area where the old BSU building sits across the street from there. There's some public parking out on the south side towards the intramural fields, and along Blackjack road to the southwest.

Here's a gameday parking map

Interactive parking map
You are correct about getting off campus especially big night games. Sometimes we just walk back through the Cotton District. My son enjoys that. It's about a 20-minute walk.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
You are correct about getting off campus especially big night games. Sometimes we just walk back through the Cotton District. My son enjoys that. It's about a 20-minute walk.
Yep, that’s what I do. Park at Starkville Daily News, ride shuttle to game and walk back. Not that bad of a walk.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Fantastic. Y’all have taken a lot of the swag-work out of tomorrow. I appreciate it.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Intersection of Bully Blvd and Stone Blvd is under about 8 inches of water right now.

I doubt the grass lots allow parking tomorrow. This storm has dumped a ton of water on campus.

Last edited:

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Park in research park north of 182. (MLK jr Blvd). North on Mississippi Road, right on Research and then Road C. Most of the buildings in the research park are open for public parking. Depends on if they have the staff to collect the $10 parking fee it is free. A campus shuttle will pick you up at one of the nearby bus stops and drop you off near the Architecture school. Take back after the game is available at the same drop off point. Very easy and minimal walking.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Intersection of Bully Blvd and Stone Blvd is under about 8 inches of water right now.

I doubt the grass lots allow parking tomorrow. This storm has dumped a ton of water on campus.
They are officially closed

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Since you said you’re headed north to the game I’m assuming you’re coming up 45? If so, you can come in and leave the “back way” on Artesia Road and park at the Pace lot across from the intramural fields. It’s super easy to get off campus that way if you’re immediately heading back south after the game. I come up from the coast and did that for years before I got a good parking pass a few years back.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If you coming from south I would park at vet building or intramural fields easy walk to me pretty flat and straight to the stadium. Or take a bus. Easy to leave even busy sec weekend

Reactions: RotorHead

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Since you said you’re headed north to the game I’m assuming you’re coming up 45? If so, you can come in and leave the “back way” on Artesia Road and park at the Pace lot across from the intramural fields. It’s super easy to get off campus that way if you’re immediately heading back south after the game. I come up from the coast and did that for years before I got a good parking pass a few years back.
We’ll be coming up 25 with the intention to peruse downtown before parking and walking to the junction in time for a little tailgating prior to the game. Just to give the little ones a game day feel.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login