GameDay depth chart

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Breaking through onto this list as a first year player is impressive.

I wonder if Pollock and Isaac Smith will be our next NFL DBs.

Reactions: onewoof

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
A few things jump out to me

1) I didn’t think much of it at the time, but getting a guy like Wright to back Will up this year may end up being huge. We basically have zero experience at QB aside from that

2) We may be the most experienced 1st string in the country on both sides of the ball, but it’s a pretty steep cliff from that to the 2nd unit

3) Freshman K and P makes me pretty nervous

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Well, the Frosh kicker appears to be beating out the vet from UCLA, so he must be kicking it well.

And the punter from Australia looks like he's 30.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dang, we better have a big year this year and hit the portal hard. Next year could be kind of rough.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
1. Is Goede really 6’6” 260? That’s a big TE

2. Jackie Sherrill would like the O line with one exception. If you are 6’7” you have to hit 400lbs. This may be our tallest line ever.

3. WR looks good when a talented guy like Wallet isn’t a clear starter

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
A few things jump out to me

1) I didn’t think much of it at the time, but getting a guy like Wright to back Will up this year may end up being huge. We basically have zero experience at QB aside from that

2) We may be the most experienced 1st string in the country on both sides of the ball, but it’s a pretty steep cliff from that to the 2nd unit

3) Freshman K and P makes me pretty nervous
When have we ever had kicking trouble?***

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Been trying to Compare this chart to the transfer portal guys who came in I only see about 4 on the depth chart. This is only on defense and offense. I did not look at special teams.

Reactions: Anon1692711362

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
Been trying to Compare this chart to the transfer portal guys who came in I only see about 4 on the depth chart. This is only on defense and offense. I did not look at special teams.
I noticed that too. Wasn't the CB from LSU supposedly a big get?

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
The only part of the team that may concern me some next year is OL, QB and CB play. The under classmen guys backing up the starters at almost every other position are studs. We have 2-3 solid backups returning on OL next year but CB and QB will have no experience returning

DirtyDog

Aug 24, 2012
While not on the 2-Deep, Khaumari Rogers (Miami transfer from MS) and Radar Jones (LSU transfer from MS) have elite talent. If we can keep them out of the portal, I'm sure they are going to get reps at CB this year. They have the talent to be the next Emerson/Forbes combo for '24 and '25. Some of the younger guys bring additional talent at CB that are not on the 2-Deep. The hardest position to me will be OL and we have been doing fairly well at bringing in quality transfers who play well. We'll need to continue that trend to be solid.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
The only part of the team that may concern me some next year is OL, QB and CB play. The under classmen guys backing up the starters at almost every other position are studs. We have 2-3 solid backups returning on OL next year but CB and QB will have no experience returning
That's why I don't really like the idea of Mike Wright playing unless Will is injured. We've got to get some reps to our backups when we have a comfortable lead.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
The only way to get experience is to play and Parson needs to get some reps in games like these. I don't believe Wright nor Will will be back next season (not sure on the crazy covid eligibility rules).

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Is that all??? Gosh, I guess we can relax now.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I’ll be surprised if Lewis isn’t the starting LT. Harmon in the slot has to be a typo. Washington was getting first team reps at corner, has been at corner all fall from what we’ve been told, now he’s at safety. And from reports is also the first I’ve heard of Page being at Sam

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Is that all??? Gosh, I guess we can relax now.
1 maybe 2 OL transfers… 1 CB transfer… not hard to do in todays world. Parsons or Wright if he gets another year or if Rogers for some reason decides to come back and we’re alright. So yea you can relax.

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
While not on the 2-Deep, Khaumari Rogers (Miami transfer from MS) and Radar Jones (LSU transfer from MS) have elite talent. If we can keep them out of the portal, I'm sure they are going to get reps at CB this year. They have the talent to be the next Emerson/Forbes combo for '24 and '25. Some of the younger guys bring additional talent at CB that are not on the 2-Deep. The hardest position to me will be OL and we have been doing fairly well at bringing in quality transfers who play well. We'll need to continue that trend to be solid.
Rogers and Jones likly hood of entering the transfer portal are very low. They have already used their one free transfer. If they transfer again without a ncaa waiver, they will have to sit out a year at their next destination.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Boys we gonna run the ball some this year

Interested to see how these first two games play out.

Seems we might be very run heavy Saturday because we likely can be vs SELA. It would give a line that has been doing a whole lotta pass blocking in previous seasons a chance to pancake some patsies.

Then I could see us let Will and the boys sling it around the yard some against Zona like they did last year.

Put some variety on film for LSU's consideration.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login