Gene Steratore is the worst.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He hedges and avoids answering questions more than a career politician.

'How many views are the refs looking at?'
'Well they will take their time to get the call correct and if a view doesn't help, they will move to another view.'

Wow, what insight.***
Its like this over and again.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Dude has one of the easiest jobs on the planet paying him $1 mill a year, all thanks to that moment he stuck an index card in between the football and first down marker.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It certainly should be an easy job. Just clarify the rule, offer up your analysis, and count your money.

I don't remember him being this worthless in last year's tournament.
It's like 4 times now that I've heard him be of no use to the crew announcing the game.
Yesterday, one of the commentators actually called him out and said how impressed he was with Gene's ability to avoid answering the question asked. It's bad when you are called out by a colleague.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He hedges and avoids answering questions more than a career politician.

'How many views are the refs looking at?'
'Well they will take their time to get the call correct and if a view doesn't help, they will move to another view.'

Wow, what insight.***
Its like this over and again.

Speaking of reviews by refs, why do they have their rules expert ex ref chirp in when they have those situations when the rules guys to just back up the zebras? They are probably right most of the time but do they think it adds some credibility to the whistles?

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Matt Austin was/is the worst at this. Maybe he got a little better this year. Steratore is better at football but I think football is also a little easier to manage on review than basketball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login