Give to the BI...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Very little has changed with this NIL system. The same teams are getting the same players they were before. The only difference is the transfer portal. We made terrible hires after Mullen left and we're paying for it now. There's always been unofficial NIL in college athletics.
That's a big deal. Our mitigation to black market pay in the past has been to develop MS talent (and surrounding areas) and win when they are older. That's a lot hard to do now.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Since Lemonis became head coach...

Football:
  • 38% SEC winning percentage (I included 4-4 2018 team.)
  • Best SEC West finish: T-3rd
  • 1 top-20 finish
Basketball:
  • 49% SEC winning percentage
  • Best SEC finish: T-4th
  • NCAA tournament record: 0-3
Baseball:
  • 50% SEC winning percentage
  • Best SEC West finish: T-1st
  • NCAA tournament record: 18-7
  • 2x CWS appearance
  • National Championship
Can someone share women's soccer results since 2018-19?
Is this an argument AGAINST pumping more resources into the university's most important sport - football? Because it's not very effective.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
That's a big deal. Our mitigation to black market pay in the past has been to develop MS talent (and surrounding areas) and win when they are older. That's a lot hard to do now.
We've only lost two solid football players to the portal really. One to LSU and one to UGA. Nothing has really changed much. One to Washington that Leach basically ran off.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Is this an argument AGAINST pumping more resources into the university's most important sport - football? Because it's not very effective.
No, it’s not an argument for or against anything. It’s in response to someone saying they won’t give to a sport until a coach is fired, despite that coach having better results than the sports he does support.

Reactions: aTotal360

Boosh

Sep 14, 2017
You're probably right. My pushback is that baseball is realistically our only avenue for producing a national champion. We could dump every penny we got into football and still be a middlin' program. I'm a football-first fan as well, but it simply seems like we are banging our heads against the wall in the NIL era. Just like with coaches, we will have to overpay to get players. No one is coming here for a discount like they would Bama. Matter of fact, it's going to cost a premium. With baseball, I don't think the Mithipi Tate tax is existent (or significant). With baseball, we are typically a piece or 2 short. If we had gotten a good closer from the portal and the Montgomery kid from Stanford, we would be cooking.

I am likely in the minority, but dumping every penny we have into football just to upgrade from the Liberty Bowl to the Gator Bowl, doesn't excite me.
I said this as soon as NIL came out. I thought it was our only shot at being significant in some sports arena. However, since we didn't the LSUs will easily out bid us for anyone now. We missed a great window of opportunity.

Reactions: aTotal360

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If you give anything to NIl in baseball it’s a waist.
If it goes to Lemonis's waist, then I'm in. He's a better coach when his waist is larger. We did so much better this season than these past two skinny seasons. If we can get his waist up just a little bit larger, we're going back to Omaha, boys.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Pretty much a know thing and thank god for it.
Ah, we call this "the Goat defense". It generally comes as some variance of "everybody knows this" without any real evidence or inside knowledge.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Since Lemonis became head coach...

Football:
  • 38% SEC winning percentage (I included 4-4 2018 team.)
  • Best SEC West finish: T-3rd
  • 1 top-20 finish
Basketball:
  • 49% SEC winning percentage
  • Best SEC finish: T-4th
  • NCAA tournament record: 0-3
Baseball:
  • 50% SEC winning percentage
  • Best SEC West finish: T-1st
  • NCAA tournament record: 18-7
  • 2x CWS appearance
  • National Championship
Can someone share women's soccer results since 2018-19?
Women's Soccer:
  • 35% SEC Winning percentage
  • Best SEC Finish: 3rd
  • Best National Finish: 14
  • NCAA Tournament record: 3-2
  • 1 Sweet 16 appearance

Reactions: pseudonym
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login