Go to HELL, Bin Laden, GO TO HELL!

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I try to reshare this every year, my apologies for the late post this year.

Got to the 2:50 minute mark and watch until the end of the Moment of Silence (although you should really watch it all).

God bless our Leather-Lunged fan. I'm hoping to one day learn his identity. I'd like to shake his hand & buy him a drink.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I was a third grader watching on TV with my dad and I vividly remember this moment. It was awesome.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006

Got to the 2:50 minute mark and watch until the end of the Moment of Silence (although you should really watch it all).

God bless our Leather-Lunged fan. I'm hoping to one day learn his identity. I'd like to shake his hand & buy him a drink.

Back when Mark Jones liked America

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I was supposed to be on a flight later that morning. Will never forget it. 3 weeks later I was traveling as soon as the band was lifted. Was in the Detroit airport watching the tv when they interrupted the broadcast to say that there were suspected terrorist in the Detroit airport posing as Delta pilots. Military personnel with automatic weapons were running back and forth. Scary situation. Later I was on a Delta flight with only 3 passengers back to Birmingham and I was never so glad to safely land in Birmingham and head home. On a positive note, for a brief time we all put aside our differences, political and otherwise, and all came together as Americans.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I was in the student section on that fine day. I never felt more American in my life.
I still swell with pride when I see this video remembering how it felt that night in the stands - proud of the country for quickly rising up from the literal ashes to show the world our enemies may strike us and even hurt us, but they weren't going to stop our way of life. Proud of my school for hosting this important night to try to restore some normalcy.

I can't help but wish it didn't take war or a tragedy like 9-11 for people to come together like that. America is the best country in the world, or was for a long time, even if those of us who live here forget that sometimes. She is worth being proud of.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
That guy is an absolute legend. I was in the stadium for this game and it was a surreal experience to say the least. Nothing like it before or since.

willi13

Sep 24, 2003

Bonnie Sherrill totally ruined that whole moment

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I remember the enhanced security measures for the first time entering the stadium & telling our crew that there probably wasn't a less likely place in the good ole US of A for Bin Laden to target than Starkville, Mississippi.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I remember it well because I was lucky enough to be there, and I can replay it in my mind anytime.

P.S. unfortunately, it was the beginning of the end of the Jackie Sherrill era.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I remember it well because I was lucky enough to be there, and I can replay it in my mind anytime.

P.S. unfortunately, it was the beginning of the end of the Jackie Sherrill era.
Correct, and to be even more precise, it was the play when Zo went down with a high ankle sprain in this game.

AleutianIslandawg

Oct 8, 2021
Along similar lines, I remember being at a game where we honored Thomas Hamill, the American truck driver who was taken hostage in Iraq. He, and I believe wife, were there on the field. Powerful moment that stuck with me. 'Merica

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login