Going to be in St Louis week of 8/1-8/6 and the Cubs are in town for 3 of those

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
nights and the Yankees for 2 nights. What's the best way to p/u some tickets, I've never been to this incarnation of the park. Can I just go stand outside w/ a couple fingers in the air, do I need to do StubHub or their box office or what? I'm staying at the Hilton 2 blocks away and could check w/ the concierge too I suppose.

Also looking for suggestions for drinking/dining in that area please Pack?

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
It's been a long time since I've gotten to attend a game. So I can't help you with tickets. I have been to four different stadiums for games this summer and I just use the team website to find the seats I want. Id encourage you to consider where the sun is in relation to the stadium and find seats that will be in the shade for the game. It gets super hot at the stadium in July/August.

For eats, take a look at Ballpark Village. It's relatively new and apparently a pretty cool area to hang out pre/post game. https://www.stlballparkvillage.com/

For eats away from the stadium, you can find really great Italian food on The Hill which is not to far from Busch Stadium down 44. I'd recommend Charlie Gittos. There are several restaurants in this area though, so take your pick.

For a unique desert, try a concrete from Ted Drewes

Enjoy yourself.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’d do stub hub. It may be different now, but last time I went they were only taking digital tickets (this was still when attendance was being limited due to Covid).

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
You can get them outside the stadium. I normally go to the cardinals site and buy them direct.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Get MLB Ballpark App - thats how I get MLB tickets these days.
Pappys or Sugarfire for BBQ, Broadway Oyster Bar is good and close to the stadium, do checkout Ball Park Village across the street before or after the games. 360 St Louis is a cool rooftop bar - I think it’s on top of the Hilton or maybe Marriott?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The last few games I’ve attended have all been on the MLB Ballpark App. No complaints here, but it can be an uneasy feeling if you’re an hour or two out from the event and still haven’t received the transfer tickets yet.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
Stayed at that Hilton 3 months ago. Take all belongings out that you want to keep. Car was broken into along with 26 cars in the parking garage. Of course Hilton said “Sorry that happened to you”

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Stayed at that Hilton 3 months ago. Take all belongings out that you want to keep. Car was broken into along with 26 cars in the parking garage. Of course Hilton said “Sorry that happened to you”

I’ve been going to games in St. Louis for nearly 20 years now and St. Louis has always been a little rough… but last time I went you almost felt uncomfortable walking around downtown when there was not the crowd from a game. The cardinals and the city do a good job of keeping ballpark village relatively safe (although I think there was a shooting there’s few years ago) but once you get more than a few blocks from the stadium, it’s get uneasy.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It's top of the Hilton where I'm staying, will definitely take in a game or 2 or more from there

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It's a company car, I'll leave the doors open so they won't break glass looking for something. My luck some homeless guy will spend the night in it and piss all over and I"ll have the pleasure of driving back to MS w/ that odor

ByTor SnowDawg

Nov 4, 2021
If you have a handicap, parking is no issue, you can get close to the stadium, you could even park at Ballpark Village two years ago, don't know about now. Otherwise, plenty of parking under the interstate. I've never felt threatened there.
Also, if you can, the all inclusive Red Jacket Club is nice. All you can eat and drink for a $100 per ticket. Yes it's down the right field corner, but, you've got a private balcony w/ the rest of the clubbies and a Big *** Fan just above you, very nice on a hot day

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I like to eat at Broadway Oyster Bar

And pay to park at one of the parking lots right beside or behind it. $20, I think.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I like St. Louis.

It's a place I love to visit for live music and thought about going there last month for a Dead and Company show-- I decided on another option though.

Moonrise Hotel is a good place in the Delmar Loop area just down the street from The Pageant.

Whenever there are shows in the Maryland Heights area, I usually stay at one of the airport hotels.

The Hill has long been a place I'd like to visit and get a bite to eat.

Multiple friends have recommended Cunetto House of Pasta. I've not been there to eat yet but it's on my list.

Sugarfire is awesome. I've been to the Olivette location and also had their food at the amphitheatre at Maryland Heights.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I’d do stub hub. It may be different now, but last time I went they were only taking digital tickets (this was still when attendance was being limited due to Covid).

I doubt that paper tickets will ever be a thing again.

EDIT: Oh and 17 the Cards, go Cubs go!

Last edited:

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Cunetto’s is awesome, and I’m pretty sure the Cunetto that started the MSU theater department was part of that family. There’s often a long wait, but there are plenty of other good places on the Hill. We like Favazzas, Zia’s, and Lo Russo’s

I can second Ted Drewes and Pappys Smokehouse. For burgers, try Macs Local Eats.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
Will Soto be in a Cardinals uniform in time for your trip at the tidy sum of $500 million?

Seems like a real possibility.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Yes and no. Going into our Saturday night regional game 2021, with a GA ticket, it was not fun. I was stuck behind grandma with 7 grand kids behind here. She had to pull each one up one by one. It was painful knowing good seats were going away as she had to pull up each one with little signal.

Jul 19, 2014
We’ve been twice to Busch this season. Went last weekend. Sugarfire Smoke House is phenomenal & our family’s favorite when in STL. We tried Salt & Smoke too. Very good but Sugarfire still gets the nod. I’d be leery leaving anything of value in a vehicle in any big city right now. But we’ve never felt unsafe walking the downtown STL area. I like Rooster also for breakfast. We stayed outside the immediate downtown area last weekend at the Residence Inn Downtown and paid for parking in a garage during the game. It saved us about $200. We’ve stayed downtown numerous times but this was a budget trip despite having great seats. I’d use the mlb ballpark app for tickets. If that isn’t great, I’d use seat geek. Good luck.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Will Soto be in a Cardinals uniform in time for your trip at the tidy sum of $500 million?

Seems like a real possibility.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Soto in St. Louis but everything I know about how the cards operate tells me there is no way they are about to trade for someone like that. I don’t believe the cards will be willing to sign a deal like Soto will get and as a result, I’d be shocked to see them ship a bunch of prospects for him.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
I wouldn’t mind seeing Soto in St. Louis but everything I know about how the cards operate tells me there is no way they are about to trade for someone like that. I don’t believe the cards will be willing to sign a deal like Soto will get and as a result, I’d be shocked to see them ship a bunch of prospects for him.

They have $27MM roll off this year with Wainwright and Molina and another $26MM when Goldschmidt’s contract is up. It would take a combination of Walker, Gorman or Wynn and others but I could see them doing that to acquire a generational talent like Soto.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login