Gone., but reopened Nichols at MSU, on the coast

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So is that a third error by mershon tonight? Do you get an error for mis fielding the ball and then another on the same play for throwing a wild throw after the runner is already to first? .

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
So is that a third error by mershon tonight? Do you get an error for mis fielding the ball and then another on the same play for throwing a wild throw after the runner is already to first? .
Witnessed it in person. Really bad play. 2 errors. He got pulled for it soon thereafter, as well as he should have. He's a freshman though.....he'll be ok.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Witnessed it in person. Really bad play. 2 errors. He got pulled for it soon thereafter, as well as he should have. He's a freshman though.....he'll be ok.
I’m not worried about him so much as I am curious about how much worse we might be fielding than the stats indicate. The box score is only showing 1 error on the night and mershon had 3 by himself. Are we having twice as many errors as the stats show? Surely not three times as many?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m not worried about him so much as I am curious about how much worse we might be fielding than the stats indicate. The box score is only showing 1 error on the night and mershon had 3 by himself. Are we having twice as many errors as the stats show? Surely not three times as many?
We have DEFINITELY been getting the benefit of the doubt in home games at The Dude. Forsythe and Alford would have several more each if it wasn't for some home cooking scoring at home. Think that's part of why we are seeing Mershon now, that and Alfords .216 average

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We have DEFINITELY been getting the benefit of the doubt in home games at The Dude. Forsythe and Alford would have several more each if it wasn't for some home cooking scoring at home. Think that's part of why we are seeing Mershon now, that and Alfords .216 average
I'm not a baseball scorer, but I have no clue on how he didn't get an error on the booted balls. Neither were crazy out of reach and in both instances the runner would have been out had he fielded it cleanly. I can I guess understand how you might not hit him with two errors on one play (although booting the ball allowed the runner to get to first, and making the bad throw allowed the runners to advance, so it seems like you'd have to have two errors there to account for all the movement?), but I don't understand the first one. I'd be pissed if I was a pitcher and I was listed as giving up two hits off those plays. And I'd be really pissed if I got hit with an earned run for either of those players.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login