Good coaches figure out how to win

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Just a few weeks ago everyone in the country, including we on SPS, wrote off Mike Gundy and Oklahoma State as washed out. They got spanked by South Alabama and Iowa State in back to back weeks.

Fast forward to today and they have ripped off 4 straight conference wins, including a couple of solid ones against the Kansas schools. Yesterday the Cowboys hammered Cincinnati 45-13. They are running the hell out of the ball too. Over 200 yards per game rushing this year.

Next week Gundy gets Oklahoma at home in the final "Bedlam." If they win, Oklahoma State is in the catbird seat for the Big 12 championship game against Texas most likely.

He's one of the best college football coaches in history as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Just a few weeks ago everyone in the country, including we on SPS, wrote off Mike Gundy and Oklahoma State as washed out. They got spanked by South Alabama and Iowa State in back to back weeks.

Fast forward to today and they have ripped off 4 straight conference wins, including a couple of solid ones against the Kansas schools. Yesterday the Cowboys hammered Cincinnati 45-13. They are running the hell out of the ball too. Over 200 yards per game rushing this year.

Next week Gundy gets Oklahoma at home in the final "Bedlam." If they win, Oklahoma State is in the cat bird seat for the Big 12 championship game against Texas most likely.

He's one of the best college football coaches in history as far as I am concerned.
He’s a man.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Next week Gundy gets Oklahoma at home in the final "Bedlam." If they win, Oklahoma State is in the catbird seat for the Big 12 championship game against Texas most likely.

He’s a grown man

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

And he's loyal. That's what you have to have to change your program. Still a shame they didn't get a chance to play LSU in 2011 for the title.

Mullen pulled off a similar type thing in 2016, albeit not quite as successful (we are in the SEC after all, not Big 12). He was written off after South Alabama too, funny enough.

So yeah, good coaches n shizz. Why didn't hard headedass Danny realize he had the perfect job for him here? I understand needing to move on sometimes, but he could have hung out at Lake Oconee anytime he wanted.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login