Good Ole Boy CyberTruck Review

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I rarely enter the EV threads with opinions because I just don't know enough to be useful or interesting. But, I did find this review from a buddy of Tucker to be honest and entertaining. The guy should start his own YouTube channel (but I think you'll see he's too busy).

From a Yankee Good Ole Boy (sorry if this is Germans)...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Btw, the rampant discussion of obvious law breaking activities is refreshing.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I refrained from making a smartass comment in my OP, because I knew I could depend on an SPS brethren to set me straight on espousing uninformed opinions here.
Responses incoming….

Content Cat Typing GIF

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I rarely enter the EV threads with opinions because I just don't know enough to be useful or interesting. But, I did find this review from a buddy of Tucker to be honest and entertaining. The guy should start his own YouTube channel (but I think you'll see he's too busy).

I have seen several of these in the wild now. Dear god they are fugly. It’s a shame because the engineering behind them is pretty cool.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I have seen several of these in the wild now. Dear god they are fugly. It’s a shame because the engineering behind them is pretty cool.
I'm starting to see more and more of them around Atlanta. Most of them seem to be owned by businesses and are painted or shrink wrapped for promotional purposes. Saw a black one the other day with racing stripes that looked kind of cool.

I don't understand why they are so ugly, though. I'll watch Tucker's video later.

Reactions: She Mate Me

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Me and my wife saw one in Tupelo yesterday. My wife told me that whoever drives that is likely a massive nerd who thinks he is cool now. She said it is the nerd's version of a jacked-up truck to boost your ego into thinking you are a big boy.

Reactions: WilCoDawg and Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Tracks.

CD786DD2-32F9-4AD9-B63D-CE86772FAD39.jpeg

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

For those that aren't going to watch the whole video - what's the TL;DR version?

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
For those that aren't going to watch the whole video - what's the TL;DR version?

Nope, watch the video. It's entertainment more than information, although it's loaded with information.

Any summary I gave would leave out things you'd probably find interesting or important.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The country guy likes it, shockingly. One highlight I made it to was, he went 117 mph while towing 13000 lbs of dirt. Which is, of course, insane.
I did watch a few minutes of it and the one part I heard is he would get about 100 miles on a charge towing that dirt.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The country guy likes it, shockingly. One highlight I made it to was, he went 117 mph while towing 13000 lbs of dirt. Which is, of course, insane.

My take was he did 117, but not with dirt. He did reference doing it with Tucker, but I think he was kidding.

See, this is why you should watch it for yourself...

The performance is incredible, the range is not there yet for it to be a true work truck.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
My take was he did 117, but not with dirt. He did reference doing it with Tucker, but I think he was kidding.

See, this is why you should watch it for yourself...

The performance is incredible, the range is not there yet for it to be a true work truck.
You're right, after that, he said he went to the pizza place and did 117. I misheard that he was towing at the time.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They have the truck for a month, so this will be a good series of videos to watch to get a full feel for EV and this one in particular.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014

So he starts off by saying if you live out of town, what do you do if you are forced to buy an EV?

I do. I commute 70 miles one way. I love my car.

Lots of bad things I hear or read I think (that's not my experience).

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If you want to start down the rabbit hole, this has the designer and engineer of the truck. Very informative, not nearly as entertaining as OP...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
So he starts off by saying if you live out of town, what do you do if you are forced to buy an EV?

I do. I commute 70 miles one way. I love my car.

Lots of things bad things I hear or read I think (that's not my experience).

Requiring adoption of EV is absolutely ridiculous in my uninformed, but common sense opinion.

It's idiot politicians who don't know **** about the normal American creating rules that make zero sense that leads to a lot of bad blood.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
That crazy dude Whistling Diesel on FB compared it to the electric F150. Pretty much destroyed it in about 10 minutes of video. Course he destroys everything in about 10 minutes of video.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Requiring adoption of EV is absolutely ridiculous in my uninformed, but common sense opinion.

It's idiot politicians who don't know **** about the normal American creating rules that make zero sense that leads to a lot of bad blood.
Oh I agree. Politicians just think they set a rule and then industry will make it happen, but they don't know the millions of dollars and all the hard work that goes into their uninformed decisions. It's like we just push a button to make it happen.

But, I also think there are a lot of uninformed opinions about EVs because there is a lot of money to be lost. In the oil industry. In mechanics and shops. In quick change oil places. I see negative articles all the time about them and think that none of them are what my lived experience tells me is true.

I have over 86,000 miles in just over 2 years and have never (and will never) need an oil change. I've never needed to take it to the shop. It's never had any mechanical issue.

In short, other than the payment, I am cash flow positive over an ICE car because I drive so much. And subtracting out the gas, oil, and maintenance, my payment isn't really that much. If you have a shorter commute, your payback will be longer.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That crazy dude Whistling Diesel on FB compared it to the electric F150. Pretty much destroyed it in about 10 minutes of video. Course he destroys everything in about 10 minutes of video.

I watched it, but I'm not linking it. I guess millions find destroying expensive stuff in ways that don't remotely represent real life entertaining. I'm just not typically one of them.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Didn't watch it all, but I've watched enough to know Tucker's friend is smarter than 500+ members of Congress.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I'm starting to see more and more of them around Atlanta. Most of them seem to be owned by businesses and are painted or shrink wrapped for promotional purposes. Saw a black one the other day with racing stripes that looked kind of cool.

I don't understand why they are so ugly, though. I'll watch Tucker's video later.
There’s a ton here in Nashville. The coolest one (if that’s possible) is wrapped in a muted digital camo.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
At the end they go very fast and then do donuts in a wet gravel pit. The thing doesn't hiccup at all.
Must be one of the ones they've already done the 4 recalls on since November. Couple recalls have been minor but there was that really pesky accelerator sticking issue.....

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
My next door neighbor has one. He's 75 years old. It's silly. Another guy in town has a light blue one. It's a wrap, and it's absolutely ridiculous. That guy looks to be old as 17 too.

Seems like the cybertruck is the new Corvette for making old farts feel young again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login