Good thread from the pay board - What's your unpopular State opinion?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Walking Bully looks feminine
Flying M looks like a truck stop logo
Banner M looks like a men's wipes logo
The Bully mascot looks like a mangy hound dog
The football entrance looks like a redneck moonshine run

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
50,000+ cowbells ringing sounds cool. 1 cowbell ringing sounds awful.
multiple cowbells ringing sounds cool, UNLESS, you are on MARTA on New Years Day with 150 "cowbell ringing fans" clanging them damn things... im serious, cowbells should not be rung on subway cars, specially after a New Years Eve out on the town in Atlanta...

Reactions: dorndawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don't even think your opinion is unpopular. It's quite common here for people to think we were unsuccessful in baseball this year for some reason or other.

I just find it silly to consider a season that exceeds expectations and is better than almost every other team on campus, unsuccessful. And kinda depressing.

No offense intended. You have plenty of company.
Agree with you on this was a successful year. My best guess for the constant bashing of the season is people just wanted Lemonis gone and nothing short of Omaha was going to satisfy them.

At the end of last year, the consensus here was Lemonis had to make a post season. Then it was he has to be in contention to host, then he had to host…. The requirement kept changing until it was just out of reach. It’ll be the same next year. Most everyone here expects the team to be really bad but if we end up being decent to good, it’ll be the same thing over again. The masses will want him gone for not meeting expectations.

Don’t take all that as I think he’s the right guy going forward. I was ready to run him off after the Austin peay series. But he turned the season around in a pretty big way. We were as close as you could be to hosting

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Absolutely agree - there was no reason whatsoever for the level of roster purging that Croom inflicted on our football program at the beginning of his tenure. MSU could have been somewhat competitive his first 2-3 seasons if he hadn't targeted for exit any JWS recruit. Croom was a complete buffoon. He was way worse than Rockey.
I would argue Croom was one of the worst coaches in SEC history.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Rosebowl is a gift to the university. His podcast is one of the best. I just love his top 10 lists and his books should be read by everyone attending the university.***
This is a joke do not murder me!!!

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Arnett did the right thing going away from the air raid…

he just wasn’t ready to be a head coach and 17d up the oc hire

Reactions: MSUDOG24

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Agree with you on this was a successful year. My best guess for the constant bashing of the season is people just wanted Lemonis gone and nothing short of Omaha was going to satisfy them.

At the end of last year, the consensus here was Lemonis had to make a post season. Then it was he has to be in contention to host, then he had to host…. The requirement kept changing until it was just out of reach. It’ll be the same next year. Most everyone here expects the team to be really bad but if we end up being decent to good, it’ll be the same thing over again. The masses will want him gone for not meeting expectations.

Don’t take all that as I think he’s the right guy going forward. I was ready to run him off after the Austin peay series. But he turned the season around in a pretty big way. We were as close as you could be to hosting

You pretty much nailed how I feel and felt most of the season. He had to get some things done this year and show that he could still field a team that is competitive with the top levels of college baseball. He clearly did that.

I honestly don't understand those who seem to enjoy constantly dwelling on and revisiting their negative emotions toward Lemonis. It would make me crazy.

patdog

May 28, 2007
it was a very average year. With a veteran team.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Men's wipes???
Fire In The Hole Poop GIF by DUDE Wipes

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Jul 1, 2013
Once the great expansion race is done, the SEC and Big10 will look to shed teams that they don't feel add enough value to the conference.

I don't believe they'll keep two teams from Mississippi.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login