Goodbye Lemonhead!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Bored Come On GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Texas is 0-3 and losing to Texas, A&M Corpus Christi.

ETA - Isn't that a rule violation? Or does Is it even matter because it's extreme dog?

Reactions: drumrcraig

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Yep, I'm sitting here in disbelief that we are down 7-0 at home against ULM. We are really, really bad.
Let it go ranchdawg. Check back sometime in April. Then let it go again and be anxious to see what what kind of fresh life a new staff can bring to the program next year.
March madness is almost here and we are in the thick of it with both squads.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Texas is 0-3 and losing to Texas, A&M Corpus Christi.

ETA - Isn't that a rule violation? Or does Is it even matter because it's extreme dog?
I’ve been a big of a defender of Lemonis as someone can be but there is no justification for the start of this season. Obviously a lot of time for the season to end differently but no reason to defend Lemonis anymore

Reactions: PhredPhantom

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Question is.......will Selmon have the sack to fire Lemon who has a NC under his belt.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I’ve been a big of a defender of Lemonis as someone can be but there is no justification for the start of this season. Obviously a lot of time for the season to end differently but no reason to defend Lemonis anymore
Same here.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't have time to re-type what I wrote in the other thread. Here's a copy paste just for you

[IMG alt="IBleedMaroonDawg"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/769/769914.jpg?1664467411[/IMG]

IBleedMaroonDawg

I don't know what the problem is and I don't think it's just simple player evaluation. Something else is wrong. They seem like they have zero fight in them. I mean zero fight They might be able to correct it but this looks like a really big problem. We may not have any leadership on this team. You guys are smarter than I am and seem to know everything so maybe you guys can figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. It may just be one of those games but I don't think it is. I'm out of here. I'm actually will be well enough to do stuff this spring. I spent most the last two years during the spring time and baseball season laid up in the hospital. I'm really glad they let me know we have a problem early in the season so maybe I can get some stuff done since I won't be spending much time watching baseball.​

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Question is.......will Selmon have the sack to fire Lemon who has a NC under his belt.
Having a losing baseball season at this level is impossible without ****** coaching. It’s something that a) should never happen here and b) not at all tolerated when it does happen.

I’ll always be grateful for the natty, but Lemonis tripped upstairs both ways into a gold mine when he was hired here. If we have another terrible season, his staff will be gutted at the bare minimum. The fact that he was a Cohen hire may not help him very much, either.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We have a good, young pitcher in Lofton. Again, we had errors in the field, even dependable Forsythe. The LA-Monroe guys killed the ball with the middle relief pitchers. You cannot field what is hit so hard. I am having trouble with “it’s early yet”.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He’s not wrong though. We’re just not a good team. At all.
Yeah, unfortunately he is not wrong. No one should get pissed at extreme this year. This is what he lives for, so let him enjoy it.

I got a feeling it’s about to get bad for the team from a mental standpoint. Losing Saturday was bad but games like that will happen sometimes in baseball. We got our tail kicked tonight. If the team comes out flat again tomorrow, I will wonder if Lemonis has lost the team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah, unfortunately he is not wrong. No one should get pissed at extreme this year. This is what he lives for, so let him enjoy it.

I got a feeling it’s about to get bad for the team from a mental standpoint. Losing Saturday was bad but games like that will happen sometimes in baseball. We got our tail kicked tonight. If the team comes out flat again tomorrow, I will wonder if Lemonis has lost the team.
I'm afraid it's not so much coming out flat as it is this is who we are.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Forsythe has not looked like himself so far in these first four games. And yes our pitching got blasted.
He's now batting .076 and is making errors.....His bat is beyond terrible

Edited to say the left side of the infield has made 6 errors in 4 games, Forsythe is batting .076

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well beauty of not hiring one of the good ole boys pets, he can do that as long as he gets a few on board to give money for contracts and what not. But it's baseball not football. Not as much money thrown around.

would you take ***** Thompson? He's built something at auburn fron a program that was not great. Lsu went out and got a coach like cohen said he would. Lemonis took a loaded team that cohen and cann left him and won. Now his recruits are sucking it up.

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003

I want to win! I’m grateful for the national championship. But I have said since day 1, that hiring a middle of the pack big 10 coach was a concern. We are now in year 5. Have we gotten or worse with Lemonis’ recruiting and coaching?

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Have we gotten or worse with Lemonis’ recruiting and coaching?
We were absolutely rolling when Lemonis took over. Now there appears to be a decent chance we don't even make the SEC tournament for the second straight year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Well beauty of not hiring one of the good ole boys pets, he can do that as long as he gets a few on board to give money for contracts and what not. But it's baseball not football. Not as much money thrown around.

would you take ***** Thompson? He's built something at auburn fron a program that was not great. Lsu went out and got a coach like cohen said he would. Lemonis took a loaded team that cohen and cann left him and won. Now his recruits are sucking it up.

Lol. Is his first name really censored on here? Lets test it….Butch.

ETA - guess OP had an unfortunate typo.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I want to win! I’m grateful for the national championship. But I have said since day 1, that hiring a middle of the pack big 10 coach was a concern. We are now in year 5. Have we gotten or worse with Lemonis’ recruiting and coaching?
Lemonis is very puzzling to me. From a recruiting rankings standpoint, our recruiting is great. And in game decisions I don’t see as an issue. I feel like he generally makes sound decisions during a game. But there clearly is a disconnect. I don’t know if it’s development or we are just signing highly recruited guys that suck.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We were absolutely rolling when Lemonis took over. Now there appears to be a decent chance we don't even make the SEC tournament for the second straight year.
Weak coaching aside, we don't have the players, either on the mound or in the field. That's obvious.
(and our hitting ain't all that either.)

Let's go all in our TOTAL DOOM predictions: OM wins another national championship or championships before we get back to Omaha.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Lemonis is very puzzling to me. From a recruiting rankings standpoint, our recruiting is great. And in game decisions I don’t see as an issue. I feel like he generally makes sound decisions during a game. But there clearly is a disconnect. I don’t know if it’s development or we are just signing highly recruited guys that suck.

Its the entire 2022 class having no pitchers left in it. Thats the major hole that can’t be fixed when you compound the problem with injuries as well. We’re cobbling together a staff with zip ties and duck tape at this point.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login