Goodbye Lemonhead!

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Lemonis is very puzzling to me. From a recruiting rankings standpoint, our recruiting is great. And in game decisions I don’t see as an issue. I feel like he generally makes sound decisions during a game. But there clearly is a disconnect. I don’t know if it’s development or we are just signing highly recruited guys that suck.
Oh, there's issues. Like running Forsythe out there to lead off the 9th on Saturday down by 2 runs.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
who's fault is that?

Primarily Foxhall’s. He is the one who has sole responsibility for evaluating pitchers.

In any case, the die was cast way back in 2018-2019 for that 2022 class. 2023 seems like its better with Loftin / Cjintje and potentially others, but it won’t make up for the previous years. You can’t just miss on a whole class of pitchers, it takes 2 or 3 years to recover from doing that just one year.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Lemonis is very puzzling to me. From a recruiting rankings standpoint, our recruiting is great. And in game decisions I don’t see as an issue. I feel like he generally makes sound decisions during a game. But there clearly is a disconnect. I don’t know if it’s development or we are just signing highly recruited guys that suck.
At least he was embarrassed with the loss. ***

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
If we have another year like last year, he’ll be gone. I hope our new AD knows a thing or two about baseball.
This is, or should be a given. We look terrible for sure and that does not project well but I am still willing to reserve final judgement until more results are in. If we don't make the SECT then Lem should be gone, no questions asked. To me, the bare minimum he has to do to keep his job should be making the NCAA tournament field. I will admit though that is tough to even think about sitting here with a 2-2 record at home against 2 sub 150 opponents.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login