Goooooooo GAMECOCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

I’ve heard about that.

Makes zero sense. If the pilot had to eject… you should find the F-35 in assorted pieces around a smoldering crater nearby.

and they don’t have a radar location on it? Even if they were training and had it set up for stealth… the absence of the canopy should have fixed that.

Those planes are sneaky stealthy if even we can’t find it even after it crashes.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's probably at the bottom of one of the two big lakes in the area.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I guess they'll have to start hiding apple airtags in F35s?

Seriously, this doesn't sound right, either whoever put out these tweets is an idiot or there are some shenanigans going on.

I read another article that stated the pilot put the airplane on auto pilot before punching out. I'm assuming the SOP is to point the plane down into a large body of water/uninhabited land before punching out as to do the least damage.

DE&I pilot selection?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I’ve heard about that.

Makes zero sense. If the pilot had to eject… you should find the F-35 in assorted pieces around a smoldering crater nearby.

and they don’t have a radar location on it? Even if they were training and had it set up for stealth… the absence of the canopy should have fixed that.

Those planes are sneaky stealthy if even we can’t find it even after it crashes.
Likely on the bottom of Marion or Moultrie which are a combined 170,000 acres of lake.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
So that's the SOB that stole my plane, must have left the keys to my F-35 at the hangar. Had it parked between my SR-71 Blackbird and my B-2 Bomber.
I know how you feel. A really short dude stole my F-14 out of the hanger not to long ago.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Every Army aircraft I’ve ever flown or seen had an ELT (emergency locator transmitter) on board. In other news, wouldn’t the transponder be on over CONUS, unless maybe it was a training area (we NEVER turned off the transponder).

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have always heard since 1960 when the U-2 got shot down that all our top-secret planes have a self-destruct mechanism that destroys the plane when the pilot ejects. I think they knew where the plane was but did not want public finding it first and it is in a million pieces and don't want souvenir on eBay. I don't if all that is true or not. Just what I have heard in the past.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That gives me even more faith in our military. We're losing planes, allowing high altitude balloons to fly across our country, and letting thousands walk in daily at the Southern border. I can bet you if they were coming in at Ellis Island, they Government would be raising all manner of hell.

I'm waiting for another 9/11 to happen.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
That gives me even more faith in our military. We're losing planes, allowing high altitude balloons to fly across our country, and letting thousands walk in daily at the Southern border. I can bet you if they were coming in at Ellis Island, they Government would be raising all manner of hell.

I'm waiting for another 9/11 to happen.

Except this time it'll be 9/11 × 1,000. That's right, 818.181818...

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login