Goooooooo GAMECOCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That gives me even more faith in our military. We're losing planes, allowing high altitude balloons to fly across our country, and letting thousands walk in daily at the Southern border. I can bet you if they were coming in at Ellis Island, they Government would be raising all manner of hell.

I'm waiting for another 9/11 to happen.
It's estimated that there are short of 18 million people illegally living in the US.

I don't know what 'thousands' translates to as an actual number, but if it's even just 4000, that's 1.5million new people in a year that are illegally in the US.

1- what does 'thousands' actually mean?
2- how does a legitimate daily count of successful illegals take place? If they get thru, then they aren't caught and can't be counted.

Do they estimate a % that gets thru based on the number of stops and arrests that are made? Like if 100,000 stops and arrests are made, is it assumed that 10% got thru and there are now 10,000 new people illegally in the US?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
That gives me even more faith in our military. We're losing planes, allowing high altitude balloons to fly across our country, and letting thousands walk in daily at the Southern border. I can bet you if they were coming in at Ellis Island, they Government would be raising all manner of hell.

I'm waiting for another 9/11 to happen.
the office jim GIF

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
It's estimated that there are short of 18 million people illegally living in the US.

I don't know what 'thousands' translates to as an actual number, but if it's even just 4000, that's 1.5million new people in a year that are illegally in the US.

1- what does 'thousands' actually mean?
2- how does a legitimate daily count of successful illegals take place? If they get thru, then they aren't caught and can't be counted.

Do they estimate a % that gets thru based on the number of stops and arrests that are made? Like if 100,000 stops and arrests are made, is it assumed that 10% got thru and there are now 10,000 new people illegally in the US?

What's crazy is no one cares. Why do I say that? Republicans have controlled the gov't as much as anyone these past 50 years and they say stuff like build a wall which is useless.

You don't want them here then you have to stop why they are coming here. $$$$. You put the ones that hire them in prison and take their **** away AND PEOPLE WILL STOP HIRING THEM. You hire one, you lose your **** and your freedom. It will stop. But why won't they really go after those that hire them like that? Our economy needs them. These illegals as you call them are doing a lot of stuff for us and I mean a lot.

One farmer told me, some of these are legal. Hypocrites one and all and I am not talking about the farmer. I am talking about the ones hating on illegals and not their neighbor that is hiring them. You want it stopped, write laws and put them in prison and take their **** and their kids future. Take their homes and all their possessions and that **** will stop.

But but but lets build a wall that is simple to cut through, dig under or climb over with a rope, so I can say I hate illegals which does absolutely nothing. I guess it helps win an election for the politicians and spend our money, not Mexico's as promised. Politicians are liars. Don't think I think Democrats are any better. Biden ran on getting rid of gasoline, that **** ain't happening any time soon and I drive a EV everyday. I love mine but they can't do everything people need them to do. An EV is a tool, just like a hammer. It's a different type of hammer than an gas burner but it's still just a hammer. Will it do what I need? Yes and more efficiently and cheaper but will it do what everyone needs? NO!!!

I am ready to try a one party system so we don't have sides of the aisle and we all strive to make us better as a whole.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
What's crazy is no one cares. Why do I say that? Republicans have controlled the gov't as much as anyone these past 50 years and they say stuff like build a wall which is useless.

You don't want them here then you have to stop why they are coming here. $$$$. You put the ones that hire them in prison and take their **** away AND PEOPLE WILL STOP HIRING THEM. You hire one, you lose your **** and your freedom. It will stop. But why won't they really go after those that hire them like that? Our economy needs them. These illegals as you call them are doing a lot of stuff for us and I mean a lot.

One farmer told me, some of these are legal. Hypocrites one and all and I am not talking about the farmer. I am talking about the ones hating on illegals and not their neighbor that is hiring them. You want it stopped, write laws and put them in prison and take their **** and their kids future. Take their homes and all their possessions and that **** will stop.

But but but lets build a wall that is simple to cut through, dig under or climb over with a rope, so I can say I hate illegals which does absolutely nothing. I guess it helps win an election for the politicians and spend our money, not Mexico's as promised. Politicians are liars. Don't

I am ready to try a one party system so we don't have sides of the aisle and we all strive to make us better as a whole.

But but but lets build a wall that is simple to cut through, dig under or climb over with a rope, so I can say I hate illegals which does absolutely nothing. I guess it helps win an election for the politicians and spend our money, not Mexico's as promised. Politicians are liars. Don't think I think Democrats are any better. Biden ran on getting rid of gasoline, that **** ain't happening any time soon and I drive a EV everyday. I love mine but they can't do everything people need them to do. An EV is a tool, just like a hammer. It's a different type of hammer than an gas burner but it's still just a hammer. Will it do what I need? Yes and more efficiently and cheaper but will it do what everyone needs? NO!!!

Some parts of your post I agree with, but the last part... Well, communists would agree with you. One party system will only lead to authoritinsm. Do I like the constant bickering? No, but that's better than the alternative.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
17 off. You claimed something that I wasn't aware of and can't verify with a couple Google searches, so I responded with a genuine and real question- how is the number you claimed verified?
It seems like a valid count of something that isn't seen would be a challenge.

Either provide info that supports your claim of thousands per day, or say you made it up and stop making crap up.
Either be willing to discuss a normal question about your claim(how to accurately count something that by definition isn't counted) or just say you don't know and have never thought to look into such a concern.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Some parts of your post I agree with, but the last part... Well, communists would agree with you. One party system will only lead to authoritinsm. Do I like the constant bickering? No, but that's better than the alternative.
Communism isn't the only 1 party form of government.
Also, Communism isn't the only path to authoritarianism.

Many times in America's recent history, both Democrats and Republicans have pushed for, and passed, laws and programs that support an Authoritarian perspective.
Further, I have continually heard random people, on both sides of the political spectrum, support authoritarian solutions to various issues over the last 20 years.

The best way to ensure Authoritarianism doesn't creep into your views is to be willing to not create or change beliefs based on a recent event or hypothetical scare tactic.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
17 off. You claimed something that I wasn't aware of and can't verify with a couple Google searches, so I responded with a genuine and real question- how is the number you claimed verified?
It seems like a valid count of something that isn't seen would be a challenge.

Either provide info that supports your claim of thousands per day, or say you made it up and stop making crap up.
Either be willing to discuss a normal question about your claim(how to accurately count something that by definition isn't counted) or just say you don't know and have never thought to look into such a concern.

Migrant crossings along the southern US border are rising, reaching more than 8,000 apprehensions​

CNN —
Migrant crossings along the United States’ southern border are rising, reaching more than 8,000 apprehensions on Monday, according to a Department of Homeland Security official, straining federal resources and overwhelming already-crowded facilities.

In May, ahead of the expiration of the Covid-era restriction known as Title 42, US Customs and Border Protection encountered more than 8,000 people daily and had around 25,000 migrants in custody, raising alarm within the Biden administration.

But after Title 42 expired, numbers dropped dramatically – with daily border arrests hovering around 3,500 – as the administration levied consequences against those who crossed the border illegally.

- Link - 8.,000

There are some numbers for you there. I'm sure you have something to refute this even though it comes from CNN.

You are awfully angry about this. You must live in South Texas like I do since you obviously so much about it. I was joking about it before told me to 17 off but this one the biggest problems we have in this country right now and if you don't think 1,000,000+ people crossing the border in one year is a problem for all of us, then I don't know what to say.

You take political life way too seriously. Neither one of us gets paid for the ****. Or do you?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Migrant crossings along the southern US border are rising, reaching more than 8,000 apprehensions​

CNN —
Migrant crossings along the United States’ southern border are rising, reaching more than 8,000 apprehensions on Monday, according to a Department of Homeland Security official, straining federal resources and overwhelming already-crowded facilities.
Oh, so you are complaining that the US stopped 8,000 people from successfully crossing and coming into the US?
My apologies, I didnt realize you would use the number of apprehended people as a way to complain about the open border.
Using an apprehension count to complain about the open border seems...odd. But you do you.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Oh, so you are complaining that the US stopped 8,000 people from successfully crossing and coming into the US?
My apologies, I didnt realize you would use the number of apprehended people as a way to complain about the open border.
Using an apprehension count to complain about the open border seems...odd. But you do you.
Your logic correlates with thinking that if a patrol officer writes 30 tickets in a month on a certain road, only 30 people were speeding there all month.

Look for hard numbers all you want and you’ll find estimates. Or you can use reason along with those estimates to know that this is a humanitarian nightmare, and human traffickers are making cartel-like cash.

or maybe I’ll just emulate your estimation of people you disagree with: 17ing Clown.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015

Glfrmthrfkr: here’s a PBS article, so maybe you can click it without cringing. Keep in mind, for context, this interview was conducted in 2008.

The border problems could be curtailed with legislation. As long as entitlements and benefits await illegals, no wall or structure will ever work.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I say going after the ones crossing is stupid. Go after those hiring then. They are the criminals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login