Great game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Came out and did what we should despite delay.
Little too sloppy in the second half but long game and we were never in danger.
Gives leach something to get after them about this week.
Offense snd defense were lights out first half. Offense finished strong. Defense depth needs to be worked on but will get better.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I'm always curious when things go south how a new team will respond

We got ourselves up off the mat and finished. Considering the rain delay and the disaster it could have caused I give the team an A.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
We are better than Portal U. (PU) We should win the Egg Bowl. We might win the natty just by being fueled on jealousy and envy like their baseball natty. hail STATE.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I thought the D took their foot off the gas in the second half. Maybe they were subbing in some fresh bodies, but Memphis scored 20 in the 2H.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
No big complaints for me. My biggest concern going in was the OL and I thought they had a strong performance. Rogers looked like the seasoned veteran he is. We have a ton of talent at WR. Still feel good about our defense.

Arizona will present an interesting challenge in a weird road environment for us. Curious to see what Vegas thinks of that game.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I thought the D took their foot off the gas in the second half. Maybe they were subbing in some fresh bodies, but Memphis scored 20 in the 2H.

It felt pretty obvious to me that we took our foot off the gas defensively. Memphis went from not being able to get a first down to getting chunk play after chunk play for 3 drives.

I take a lot more away from our first half defensively than our second half. I don’t think we should let garbage time cause us to forget that we held them to under 30 yards of total offense in the first half, and their three points were a total gift where they didn’t even get a first down.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It was pretty obvious when we let up. Just a big change in our approach and the dominance on D

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
We have issues in the left side of our defensive backfield… and gave up to many yards in the special teams in the 1st half. I am concerned about those.

Arizona played lights out today considering how bad they are supposed to be. If we go in there cocky… we will get beat.

Why can’t we play Iowa. They win 7-3 with 2 damn safeties and a field goal. That’s 1985 State bad right there.

Kudos to the students that stayed also. Got to help selling cold Miller Lite during the damn games now!!! 🍻

tired

Sep 16, 2013
But we should never let up. It was ******** to me. Gotta finish games no matter the score, especially the D. I saw some backups & letting up in mid 3rd & that’s too early for me. I’m thankful for the win, but just feels incomplete, not satisfied.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
But we should never let up. It was ******** to me. Gotta finish games no matter the score, especially the D. I saw some backups & letting up in mid 3rd & that’s too early for me. I’m thankful for the win, but just feels incomplete, not satisfied.

I am willing to cut them a little slack given the weather delay. It made the night a lot longer than it normally would have been. Have to imagine it’s hard to stay locked in once you have a big lead after that point.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
6-6 team if we see much of what we did in the 2nd half. Hopefully it was due to the long game.

Jacknut1

May 23, 2010
Tough crowd in here. Wasn't it 35 -3 in the third? Game was never in question. Good win.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Agree. We played a team that wasn't as good as us and stomped their *** when we were focused. We had a looong rain delay and when we restarted there was a TV time out between (it seemed like) every play and the game drug on forever. I think we just understandably lost our focus for a bit but overall took care of our business like a veteran football team should. Nice job team and coaches !

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Seen too many people complaining about the 3rd team defense substitutes. Someone tell me which team in the sec is good on the 3 deep?

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
6-6 team if we see much of what we did in the 2nd half. Hopefully it was due to the long game.

The rest of the way the SEC looks right now, we could be vastly improved and still be 6-6. Let's see how LSU looks tonight

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I thought it was a very good performance. Disappointed in the D easing up tho. Also was expecting to see a few sacks. Getting some good shots on the QB would be nice.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

I think they lost focus with the big lead and that allowed Memphis to gain some momentum. It was a good learning moment.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
While I would like to see some more pressure on the QB, what I didn't see was a lot of missed tackles and silly penalties. A pretty strong performance for the first game of the season, I thought. Offense was more crisp than I expected, too.

Jul 5, 2020
I thought we looked really good compared to last year's opener. The big things for me were, in order of importance-

1. No stupid penalties for the most part
2. Rogers looked like he's taken a huge leap forward in his reads
3. OL looked solid (not sure how challenging Memphis's DL was)
4. Defense hit and tackled well (Jett Johnson did his best Lattimer impression)

I feel good about the team. Hell, if we lose 5 to this tough schedule but do it looking like we did last night, I'll be happy about the progress on the field. They looked like a team that was in sync in all phases.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login