Green Bay @ San Francisco

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Greg “Mary Kate-Ashley” Olsen is particularly annoying. What a loser.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
******** spot. Announcers say it's a bad spot then back up the referees. It was ******** spot. You could see it on the overhead camera. I don't like either team, but that was really a home field call.

Having that week is not always that great is it?

San Francisco will drive right down for the score.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
******** spot. Announcers say it's a bad spot then back up the referees. It was ******** spot. You could see it on the overhead camera. I don't like either team, but that was really a home field call.

Having that week is not always that great is it?

San Francisco will drive right down for the score.
I thought it was a bad spot but the bad spot isn’t predicated on that it’s in San Francisco. Don’t be ridiculous

Reactions: olblue

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought it was a bad spot but the bad spot isn’t predicated on that it’s in San Francisco. Don’t be ridiculous
That's not what I'm saying. Don't let your homer ism for San Francisco get in the way. They always make that call favoring the home team whoever the home team happens to be.

As far as the teams go, I keep praying for a comet or meteor to hit.

Reactions: eckie1

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That's not what I'm saying. Don't let your homer ism for San Francisco get in the way. They always make that call favoring the home team whoever the home team happens to be.

As far as the teams go, I keep praying for a comet or meteor to hit.
I said it was a bad spot. Should have been a GB first down. How is that homerism?

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
The problem with that bad spot is you couldn’t see the ball after Love made contact with the linemen. Even on the replay, the ball wasn’t visible.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I said it was a bad spot. Should have been a GB first down. How is that homerism?
My bad I thought you were a 49ers fan. I didn't want you to think I was piling on the 49ers. I have a tons of respect for San Francisco and how good they are but I don't like them.

See if maybe you can figure this out . You tackle a quarterback and take him to the ground too hard in the pocket, they'll call you for roughing passer. But you can throw him even harder through the sideline, even if it was in bounds to start with and it's not a foul.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
My bad I thought you were a 49ers fan. I didn't want you to think I was piling on the 49ers. I have a tons of respect for San Francisco and how good they are but I don't like them.

See if maybe you can figure this out . You tackle a quarterback and take him to the ground too hard in the pocket, they'll call you for roughing passer. But you can throw him even harder through the sideline, even if it was in bounds to start with and it's not a foul.
The difference is that Patrick Mahomes wasn’t the quarterback

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

I am a 49ers fan.

The reason it’s not a penalty is because at that point he’s a runner and not a QB in the pocket. And it was inbounds. There wasn’t anything illegal about the hit.

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

He was in bounds and had given up his protection as a QB by being outside the pocket. The only player that deserved a flag on that play was 71 from GB who was 20 yds downfield and getting into it with multiple SF players. Refs did GB a favor by flagging both teams

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am a 49ers fan.

The reason it’s not a penalty is because at that point he’s a runner and not a QB in the pocket. And it was inbounds. There wasn’t anything illegal about the hit.
I know he's a runner, but it seems different because I thought they were protecting quarterbacks. I know they have to tackle them if they're in bounds. I don't know... it's hard to judge because you come at full speed on the past rush as well.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I know he's a runner, but it seems different because I thought they were protecting quarterbacks. I know they have to tackle them if they're in bounds. I don't know... it's hard to judge because you come at full speed on the past rush as well.
But he’s not in the pocket. The overly sensitive rules on QBs end once they start to run.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
He was in bounds and had given up his protection as a QB by being outside the pocket. The only player that deserved a flag on that play was 71 from GB who was 20 yds downfield and getting into it with multiple SF players. Refs did GB a favor by flagging both teams
The flag on 5 had me scratching my head there

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
This has been some world class awful clock management by Shanahan

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
They have nothing to worry about. GB is playing loose. They’re playing like they’re not expected to win.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The whole sequence on that 3rd and 2 was stupid.
Insane. Burn 40 seconds off the clock plus a TO, essentially ending any possible chance of a TD before the half. As soon as they converted on 3rd, I told my wife that the fallacy in this entire plan was assuming that Moody was going to make the eventual FG. And here we are…

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought San Francisco was more talented. I guess the only one with more talent is their running back. That being said, Aaron is sure running the ball well.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
That 3rd and 1 spot should have been so easy for an NFL side judge. How do you screw that up and force a challenge? SF does seem to be getting some home cooking on some of these spots.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login