Grizz Fans: Stephen Adams out for the season.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Ok so he never had knee surgery last season and they wanted to pursue non surgical methods to heal it. Didn’t work so now he’s having surgery. Man….

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
This medical staff has some serious explaining to do. How this injury went from an original prognosis last year of 4-6 weeks to essentially missing 1.5 years sure seems like some pretty awful mis-management of a player injury

Reactions: knock him out john

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Having another knee surgery. FML
The Grizzlies aren't going to make it very far with JJJ playing center. They'll get killed on the boards every night. Tillman is a warrior but he's undersized. Kleimann needs to use the mid level exception he has and trade a couple of these thousands of wing players he's collected to someone for a starting caliber center. Someone like Clint Capela.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
This team is cursed. It may be harder to be a Grizzlies fan than it is a State fan.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
didn't he miss last year or most of the year?
Yes, the injury occurred on Jan 22nd, and it was announced three days later that he’d miss 3-5 weeks. When 5 weeks passed with no update, it was then said that they were working to get him back for the playoffs which would’ve been roughly 3 months of missed time. Come playoff time, it was then announced that he was done for the year.

This would’ve been messy enough if we were only talking about Adams, but the fact that the Grizz did absolutely nothing in the draft or through free agency to find an adequate fill in tells me that they thought that there would be next to zero chance that Adams wouldn’t be ready for this season. It really is a pretty epic disaster, and considering his age, you really have to wonder whether Adams will ever return to form

Reactions: knock him out john

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yes, the injury occurred on Jan 22nd, and it was announced three days later that he’d miss 3-5 weeks. When 5 weeks passed with no update, it was then said that they were working to get him back for the playoffs which would’ve been roughly 3 months of missed time. Come playoff time, it was then announced that he was done for the year.

This would’ve been messy enough if we were only talking about Adams, but the fact that the Grizz did absolutely nothing in the draft or through free agency to find an adequate fill in tells me that they thought that there would be next to zero chance that Adams wouldn’t be ready for this season. It really is a pretty epic disaster, and considering his age, you really have to wonder whether Adams will ever return to form
I know Adams has been in the league forever, it seems. But he's only 30.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
True, but for a 7 footer, that’s basically 45 in my eyes. The game is really hard on them
Yeah, I think his game is a lot different than other guys like Dwight Howard. Adams is really a ground guy. Doesn't jump well, doesn't do athletic stuff. His game is bone crushing picks and muscling out guys for rebounds. I fully expect him to return to 100% (with the caveat that the surgery is successful and this doesn't end up being something genetic).

I still think the Grizzlies need to go out and trade for a big man. Like, right now. Dangle someone with value, like Zaire Williams or David Roddy. Or maybe Junior Lofton.

Reactions: ckDOG

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, I think his game is a lot different than other guys like Dwight Howard. Adams is really a ground guy. Doesn't jump well, doesn't do athletic stuff. His game is bone crushing picks and muscling out guys for rebounds. I fully expect him to return to 100% (with the caveat that the surgery is successful and this doesn't end up being something genetic).
Ignore the green circle but just check out how proficient he is at his role. He’s nearly off the chart.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 6

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Ignore the green circle but just check out how proficient he is at his role. He’s nearly off the chart.
That's an awesome chart.

He's particularly useful in the pick and roll with Morant going downhill. If Rose has anything in the tank, it would benefit him too. This is a huge loss for the Grizz, just like it was for the playoffs last year. That's why I think they need to go out and swing a trade for another big man. JJJ is one of the worst-screening big men in the game.

Reactions: Dawgg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I'm eternally cursed in being a fan.

Does anyone have a hated sports team they need to lose? I'll adopt them if you pay me in beer. No deal on OM though - I do have some standards.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login