Guess the A&M Spread…

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
State -1

If we were favored by 3 in BR, I have to think we’d get a point at home against A&M, but I guess we’ll find out shortly

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
That seems insane to me. I mean I think we are capable of beating them obviously but I'm surprised we are favored by the industry.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
That seems insane to me. I mean I think we are capable of beating them obviously but I'm surprised we are favored by the industry.

They lost at home to Appalachian State and should have lost yesterday. It’s pretty clear that Vegas doesn’t draw much of a distinction between any of the SECW teams not named Alabama or Auburn. The other 5 teams in the middle are all viewed pretty equally. I personally still think Arkansas is a much better team than A&M, and I’m much more worried about that game at home than I am the Aggies.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And beyond the Ws and Ls, at one point has anyone watched A&M this year and thought… man, they look pretty tough? They’ve got some playmakers on both sides of the ball, no doubt, but they also may be one of the 2-3 worst coaches teams in the SEC

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It’s A&M’s 3rd straight “big” game too. Hard to get up week after week.

I worry about scoring on DJ Durkin though.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
And beyond the Ws and Ls, at one point has anyone watched A&M this year and thought… man, they look pretty tough? They’ve got some playmakers on both sides of the ball, no doubt, but they also may be one of the 2-3 worst coaches teams in the SEC

Their QB play is horrible. Achane is good but they are very one dimensional. They live on turnovers and special teams. If we don't make stupid mistakes (big if) we should be able to grind out the win.

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
The fact that most here thought A&M would be favored tells you a ton about the lack of objectivity and historical pessimism of our fan base

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
I think it has been said here before. The book makers set the line to get action from both sides . When the spread is within 3 points, they expect it could move either way.

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012

No, but this is the kind of game that Achane might go for 150. If he does, we lose. Our rush defense has been pretty good this year, and I hope it continues Saturday. If we hold Achane to less than 100 all purpose (he returns kicks and is very good at it), then we win.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
Goood God. Do y’all watch football? If we can score 21, that’s a huge IF, we win.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We are favored by 3 points and the ESPN FPI predictor gives us a 68.7% chance to win the game. For what it’s worth, the FPI only gave us a 43% chance to win the LSU game despite us being favored.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It’s A&M’s 3rd straight “big” game too. Hard to get up week after week.

I worry about scoring on DJ Durkin though.

Durkin gave a lot of opportunities to us last year with Ole Miss but our guys weren’t able to capitalize. Maybe they will rectify that on Saturday and carve A&M up.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
started at -2.5 State on MGM. Now at -4. That feels a little crazy to me as a long-time fan.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login