Gunna bring it up cause it ain't been mentioned in a while and I been listening

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
and drinkin tonight/this morning.

For all you young and OLD 17'ers that don't know. The Panic ain't the Panic with that hard driving, ponytailed MF'er leading guitar. You think your listening to WSP?? No...you're not. You like it then good but what you like right now isn't The Panic. Styles are TOO far apart.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Well- the other guy died.

We’re not far from them being a band with JH longer than with Mikey.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
I don't even know who Panic is but when I hear hard charging guitar I think I prefer more talent ... A lot of folks can bang a guitar but then there are those that make it cry or sing - folks like David Guilmore (Pink Floyd), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin), Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Miller, Linsey Buckingham, Allan Collins & Gary Rosington (the original Lynrd Skynrd), The Edge, ... hell the list can go on for quite a while.
Signed
Old 17'er

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I dont think anyone is arguing otherwise. Take what you can get.
The Dead is not the Grateful Dead but its good music.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
DM is better than Bruce Willis' attempt at singing.. but not by much

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I see we have some non-appreciators of great music here. It's ok. I have some tin-eared friends and family too.

BigDawg@HillsofMS14

Jul 31, 2018
Grateful Dead is and Jerry Garcia are the best that ever did it. No comparison with any other of the clowns some mention. They were the real deal.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
All you need to know.

Don't let those immature morons define what it means to be a fan of Widespread Panic. It's just a band that has been at it for longer than most, and their live shows are still incredible. Some folks you see at their shows who are simply embarrassing, but you have to sift through that and remember what it was like sitting on the beach in Destin surrounded by young women, late 90's, drink in hand, listening to every song on Til the Medicine Takes. Don't tell me that doesn't take you back to better days......

I'll always be a fan of WSP because it's great music that reminds me of my younger days, and that's just how it is.

I love you all,
GOJ

Last edited:

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I tagged along once to a DMB concert. I will say the musicians were talented but I just couldn't get into their music. Yeah.....I'm an old 17er.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Lol. My nephew likes the band. I hope he doesn't carry on like this.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Grateful Dead is and Jerry Garcia are the best that ever did it. No comparison with any other of the clowns some mention. They were the real deal.

Never smoked enough ganja to know what you are talking about. I was more of the good bourbon with real country or SRV but to each his own.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login