Hadad…..Marcelo gets it

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Not one living human being runs what we've been running under Leach and Barbay has never run an Air Raid system. Good luck running air raid unless Will is calling plays.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah pro offenses are a lot more complicated than air raid however, if it's understood and working it's harder for the defense to understand and predict.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Gotta simplify in some way, cuz they don't seem to know the plays very well.

Remember when JoMo beat Auburn by running that one motion play over and over?
Remember when Ohio State beat AL for the national championship and told the third string qb to only run 3 plays. That was insane.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I listen to Matt Wyatt and he knows football. He said Miss State should go into SC with about 10 offensive plays. Practice those until everyone knows their assignments.
I agree with that. It’s like high school football. The first game you have about 12 plays you roll with. Then you add a half a dozen. Then another. By the end of the season you have 60-70 plays you can roll with.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You’ve certainly beat this horse to death. It’s not happening.
Other people besides me understand the truth. There’s a few smart people around thankfully

Im sure we will play Wright some this weekend. We will still get beat down. Barbay 4 eva, ArrNetz 4 cOaCh Da YeAr

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I listen to Matt Wyatt and he knows football. He said Miss State should go into SC with about 10 offensive plays. Practice those until everyone knows their assignments.
This is the biggest thing I’ve seen. We haven’t been physically beat on offense. We have been mentally lost.

Pick your 10 best plays and run them to perfection. Then build on that.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Yeah let’s scrap an offense 3 games and and revert to an offense that averaged 20 PPG in SEC play last season without a coach who can run it. Brilliant plan***
There is no brilliant plan. I'll take a basic plan that works and players understand.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
No ****. We should have done that from day 1 starting the year.
Week 2 - add a few wrinkles to those 10 plays, add two new plays.
Week 3 - add a few wrinkles to those 12 plays, add 5 more.
Week 4 - Practice those 17 plays, add 3 more.
Week 5 - Lose to Bama
Week 6 - Practice those 20 plays and add 3 more.
and so forth.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Can you tell our coaches? Run the Air Raid

screw it im betting SC, at least I’ll have a little cash
Just yesterday I asked you who was going to implement the Air Raid on our present staff and you waffled and said we don't have anybody, but in true Goat fashion, here you are again a few hours later throwing the same shat against the wall hoping it will stick.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Just yesterday I asked you who was going to implement the Air Raid on our present staff and you waffled and said we don't have anybody, but in true Goat fashion, here you are again a few hours later throwing the same shat against the wall hoping it will stick.
moot point, Arnett fired all Of the Leach air raid coaches, so there’s nobody to coach it.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Yeah let’s scrap an offense 3 games in and revert to an offense that averaged 20 PPG in SEC play last season without a coach who can run it. Brilliant plan***
Well, that 20 ppg (sec only) is skewed by playing the top four defenses in the sec last year : Georgia, alabama, LSU and Kentucky without sharpe and Dillon johnson. it was actually one of the more productive offenses in the last ten years and I believe all but the 2014 dak season

Also Leach had More top 25 wins than any coach in school history As per years coaching here.

Give a Leach Parson and he would have rewritten the record books as far as offense.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Well, that 20 ppg (sec only) is skewed by playing the top four defenses in the sec last year : Georgia, alabama, LSU and Kentucky without sharpe and Dillon johnson. it was actually one of the more productive offenses in the last ten years and I believe all but the 2014 dak season

Also Leach had More top 25 wins than any coach in school history As per years coaching here.

Give a Leach Parson and he would have rewritten the record books as far as offense.
Against teams with a pulse, we had one great offensive performance last season. And that was against a 7 win Arkansas team with a terrible defense.

The rest were average or just plain bad. And before anyone says “I wish we were average right now” - that has nothing to do with rewriting our offensive production in the best season of the Air Raid. Overall, it was an average-ish offense plain and simple.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Against teams with a pulse, we had one great offensive performance last season. And that was against a 7 win Arkansas team with a terrible defense.

The rest were average or just plain bad. And before anyone says “I wish we were average right now” - that has nothing to do with rewriting our offensive production in the best season of the Air Raid. Overall, it was an average-ish offense plain and simple.
Four out of the eight sec games were Georgia, LSU, Alabama and UK, the four top,defenses in the sec. Still,Leach went 9-4

Kind of funny of that Leach is unquestionably recognized in coaching circles and nationally as a great offensive mind and a great coach, but according to your narrative he just wasn’t any good.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Four out of the eight sec games were Georgia, LSU, Alabama and UK, the four top,defenses in the sec. Still,Leach went 9-4

Kind of funny of that Leach is unquestionably recognized in coaching circles and nationally as a great offensive mind and a great coach, but according to your narrative he just wasn’t any good.
Frustrated Head GIF

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

The biggest lie MSU fans are believing is we had a good offense last year. I challenge you to go back and watch any of the LSU, Auburn, UK, Bama, UGA, OM, Illinois games from last year. It was extremely painful.

You are essentially saying we had a good offense except when we played decent teams. That is not the definition of a good offense.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Yeah, because I remember going into 2020 how high national sports guys were on the Air Raid working in the SEC. We definitely should listen to them now.
Yep. It doesn’t matter what we run as long as we are trotting out a QB with the arm strength of a toddler and the foot speed of a sloth.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

Sure and let’s ignore the scUM and Illinois games where the offense looked pathetic as well. It’s all due to the elite defenses!!! 🙄

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I lived in Florida when Macello was in Orlando hawking UF. He wanted State kicked out of the SEC because we weren't good enough to be there in his opinion. I have no respect for anything he says.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022

Even you must realize that’s a strawman argument, right? We aren’t discussing wins and losses, we are talking about the offense.

The fact of the matter is that more often than not we won games despite our offense, not because of it. Do you not see the irony of using Arnett’s defense to prop up the Air Raid?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login