Hadad

Rick Danko

Sep 27, 2023
On the T&L he stated someone had a rant about OM not playing anyone yet. I can’t make out who he said. Was curious if anyone could tell who he said. If it’s on the internet I wanted to go listen to the rant.

Reactions: FormerBully

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don't know about the rant, but here's something I can tell you. Dating back to 2020, OM has played 11 regular season games against teams ranked in the Top 25, and they are 3-8 in those contests with a 1-pt win over Ark and a couple wins against Troy and LSU

Over that same period, we played 16 teams that finished ranked in the Top 25. I don't know how they keep doing it, but OM has a damn lucky horseshoe when it comes to their schedule and continuously catching the right teams when they're down. If I had to bet, they've had the easiest 4-year schedule in the SEC by a country mile, and while I'd take their results in a heartbeat over ours, they really haven't beaten a damn soul during that time. Last year's win over LSU is the biggest one that Lane has by a long shot

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't know about the rant, but here's something I can tell you. Dating back to 2020, OM has played 11 regular season games against teams ranked in the Top 25, and they are 3-8 in those contests with a 1-pt win over Ark and a couple wins against Troy and LSU

Over that same period, we played 16 teams that finished ranked in the Top 25. I don't know how they keep doing it, but OM has a damn lucky horseshoe when it comes to their schedule and continuously catching the right teams when they're down. If I had to bet, they've had the easiest 4-year schedule in the SEC by a country mile, and while I'd take their results in a heartbeat over ours, they really haven't beaten a damn soul during that time. Last year's win over LSU is the biggest one that Lane has by a long shot
What I want to know is how did they get this SEC schedule. We go to GA, TX and Tenn. They go to LSU, SC, Arkansas and Florida.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

whocanitbenow

Sep 8, 2024
Think he was talking about Danny Kannell

Wake Forest and Georgia Southern watching like
Sad Michael Scott GIF

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

And their entire program has greatly surpassed us.***

ETA: Anyone with a little ambition can go look and see that their program pinnacle during the awesome Vaught years was largely a product of scheduling nobodies. Yet they have this storied history of one highly acclaimed rice poll related national championship...

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The leased BMW analogy is so perfect for them. Always has been and always will. Everything looks so great until you hit some adversity, peek behind the curtain and see that they are a truly manufactured hype machine that was, is and always will be a wanna be that doesn’t truthfully belong.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"Yet they have this storied history of one highly acclaimed rice poll related national championship..."
I thought it was the Ruleville, Ms Garden Club poll.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Was Ole Miss wearing Teal? I swear that’s not their normal powder blue, is it?
I've got 2 acquaintances (I don't get close enough to Univ of Northern MS people to call them friends) that are a little seeeeeeensitive about their blue unis. If I call it baby blue (which I purposely do always) they are extremely quick and snippy to correct me and let me know its powder blue, especially their wives. It must be like Jackie calling them MS, it really gets under their skin for some reason but they don't really want to let it show.....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login