Hancock moved to 7th today.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Making progess. Hancock moved to 7th in the order. Now if we can just convience Lemonis that he doesnt have to start against EVERY left handed pitcher!!

Like Forsythe this is a move that should have already have been made, glad its happening today. Hopefully the next part (sitting against LHP) will start happening too!

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Yeah I don't understand having Ledbedder, Hancock, Clark, and Hines in a row against a left hander like last night especially with Chance available

Reactions: HuntDawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Alford is probably killing us worse than anyone. I dont get not putting Husjak in there for a few games. And yes I know his defense is not good. But Alford is 4-29 in sec play since his good day against SC. an and even his hits seem to be seeing eye ground balls.

Reactions: HuntDawg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The scouting report on Hancock says : 3 pitches right down the middle and watch him walk back to the dugout.
No way he should even be playing at all. Not SEC caliber. Not even close.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Alford is probably killing us worse than anyone. I dont get not putting Husjak in there for a few games. And yes I know his defense is not good. But Alford is 4-29 in sec play since his good day against SC. an and even his hits seem to be seeing eye ground balls.

at least hes had a good day. I think Hancock was 1 for his last 20 in SEC play going into last night.

I do agree, I think the only guys that should be in the lineup in permanent marker are hines, ledbetter and Jordan. Everyone else, including Clark whose by far the next best hitter on the team, should not be immune to sitting a game here or there to see if there is another spark like Mershon the bench

Last edited:

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Whatever hitting magic he found for several weeks seems to be gone, he’s back to hitting nothing but grounders.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Whatever hitting magic he found for several weeks seems to be gone, he’s back to hitting nothing but grounders.
Ive never seen a hitter beat balls into the ground like he does.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We are playing like pussies this weekend.
We might turn it today but it looks like a tail between their legs weekend. Just nothing at the plate against less than average pitching in a 4000 seat stadium 75% full. Too much pressure.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Well I mean, c'mon.....this is Auburn. No shame in losing a series to a powerhouse like Auburn.
Noticably better infield defense. Slightly better pitching. Worse batting but doing better than us. We also have the slowest base runner in the SEC and generally slow base running.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
And Tennessee offense is warming up just in time to play us,, run ruled Vandy today 17-1.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Momentum is a beyotch. Hitting is contagious but so is totally sucking at the plate.

Auburn has a really nice program

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Letting Hancock come back this year was the death knell to the season.
Bingo. And sticking with him despite what everybody sees will be the death kneel to the entire staff. His doppelgänger is Christopher Watts , the guy that killed 3 people in colorado.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
It’s the bottom of 8 Alford has 3 run homer, Larry HR is out of his slump, Clark hits a bomb and were winning 9-3. Also Hunt three scoreless innings. With this win and an Alabama lose later we could move in a 4 way tie for 10th. Have a long way to go with a tough schedule ahead but there is some improvement.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
OMG LEMONIS almost blew that one. Hunt ran out of gas and auburn hitting him all,over the place, should have pulled him after the second hit, leaves him in and auburn scores 5. Finally takes him out and Nixon gets a call to end the game. Auburn scored 7 almost won. Terrible coaching

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
OMG LEMONIS almost blew that one. Hunt ran out of gas and auburn hitting him all,over the place, should have pulled him after the second hit, leaves him in and auburn scores 5. Finally takes him out and Nixon gets a call to end the game. Auburn scored 7 almost won. Terrible coaching

I hope that made you feel better, because it did nothing for anybody else. And you're not alone in saying nothing.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Only spoke the truth. He needed to pull KC after the second hit. That wasn’t a knock on KC except for that inning he did a great job in relief. Take your pick Lemonis or Foxhall should’ve pulled him.

Reactions: kired and patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Another 0 for 5 Sunday for Hancock. Gosh, who could have guessed it.
People on the board actually complaining about Hines…. Dont worry, Luke played on the national championship team, he automatically gets to play daily

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Now that the season is officially lost I want to see Hines play 1B the rest of the way. You’ve got a month to help evaluate whether he can play it adequately or not. Give Downs and Chance some AB’s more regularly…no sense in Luke wasting any more ABs this year. Thx Cap’n but it’s evaluate the young guys time.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

yep skinner was awful. But played 34 games this next season, even started opening day if I remember correctly. Hit a robust 205. Only then was he benched. Again but still managed to play in 34 games

I stand by what I posted. Lemonis has lotality issues with everoyne from that team. Thus the predictment we are in

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login