Have there been any Hump picture updates?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I know a retired faculty member that has kept buying basketball tickets for years and was recently told that wouldn't happen now because they had demand now from active faculty. The retired faculty folks are not happy from what he said.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I know a retired faculty member that has kept buying basketball tickets for years and was recently told that wouldn't happen now because they had demand now from active faculty. The retired faculty folks are not happy from what he said.
Yeah, you know what, now I'm irritated the school didn't save the front row seats for me every year since I used them as a student. They're selling them to current students now. WTF! That's not fair!!!

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah, you know what, now I'm irritated the school didn't save the front row seats for me every year since I used them as a student. They're selling them to current students now. WTF! That's not fair!!!
There was a point in time where I thought I wanted to get my PhD and become a professor at State. Then I learned how petty most of them were about their status in the hierarchy and their unwaivering expectation of being treated like the dignitaries they imagined themselves to be...

Glad to see it carries on in retirement. Way to stay on brand in the golden years.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Fred Scooby GIF - Fred Scooby Doo GIFs

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
No idea why former employees get the employee perk. It is almost like, the hacks that couldn't cut it in the real world that decided a life time of academics is the way to go, doesn't understand how the world works.
Guess what old timers, your time is over. WE need perks for the next bright people that can benefit the university for the next 40 years.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I know it expensive but it’s time you fueled up the SPS Lear and made an appearance so you can give us an official report.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
17 faculty. 17 revenue from seating. Let them eat cake while the crazy youngsters take over.
How's the scaffolds?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
No idea why former employees get the employee perk. It is almost like, the hacks that couldn't cut it in the real world that decided a life time of academics is the way to go, doesn't understand how the world works.
Guess what old timers, your time is over. WE need perks for the next bright people that can benefit the university for the next 40 years.
Not defending the policy at all but its not like there was a big demand for tickets the last couple decades........

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
He just mad that he can’t sell basketball tickets to BAMA, LSU and UGA fans like he does his football tickets

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
He just mad that he can’t sell basketball tickets to BAMA, LSU and UGA fans like he does his football tickets
Kinda like Charlie Winfield did with two of his Auburn buddies last year - right behind Auburn’s bench, about 3 rows up, in what was State section ?
Yep.
But I doubt he actually “sold” those tickets.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That is BS. There is plenty of demand for seating in the Hump. Too bad there is virtually no way to buy floor seats.
You're funny, there have been many games (notice I said in the last couple decades in original post) where you could seat everybody in the lower bowl and nobody in the upper deck. The women far outdrew the men when Vic was here. There are many threads on here whining about how nobody shows up during the week, during the holidays, etc. then on Mondays they whine about how nobody came Saturday. Now you'll start about how those seats were sold but nobody showed up. Well, if the product had been worth a damn they would have shown up.

Last edited:
Reactions: irondog

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
His first step needs to be addressing those East side 40-50 yard line faculty football seats that the faculty members quickly sell to our opponents. Every. Damn. Year.
There are 2 seats next to me that are owned by 2 BAMA ladies. I rarely see them as they sell their tickets to any school's buyer. However, when BAMA plays in Starkvegas, they will surely be there with all their BAMA gear on and it's "Roll Tide" about a 1000 times per game right in my ear. And as usual I can only cheer the one time as the Bulldogs first come on to the field. After the KO, I sit with my hands under my butt as we get our *** whipped for the unteenth time.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

irondog

Jan 20, 2020
I'm not understanding all of the hate for faculty. I teach some of these athletes. I think it's a good idea to help build a good relationship between faculty and students. I go to every football game and ring my cow bell as well as anyone. I live in Starkville, so I'm there for the 11:00 am Bowling Green football game and the 8:00 pm Thursday night basket ball game against South Dakota. I even went during the Rick Ray and Croom years. I rarely miss a baseball game, even when rain is forecasted. I buy women's basket ball tickets every year but miss some of those. My wife, daughter, and I go to softball and soccer games sometimes. I don't like anyone selling tickets to the opposing team, same as you. I give to the Bulldog Club. I don't even care about getting a ticket discount. But, the seat location is a job perk. Most jobs have some perks...and this is mine. Take it from me, and you make one more down grade in the relationship between the faculty and athletics. I'm not sure that anyone cares about that any more. Is everything just about the money now?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Well they can always buy regular season tickets.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Kinda like Charlie Winfield did with two of his Auburn buddies last year - right behind Auburn’s bench, about 3 rows up, in what was State section ?
Yep.
But I doubt he actually “sold” those tickets.
I bet Charlie paid full price for his.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm not understanding all of the hate for faculty. I teach some of these athletes. I think it's a good idea to help build a good relationship between faculty and students.
It's Just Internet talk. Nothing to understand. I had UGA folks around me in E and could see many in F last year.

(Not preaching to you but a reply to this thread in general) fact is, there is far more UGA, Bama, LSU and even OM fans looking for tickets than MSU fans. So tickets get sold to opposing fans.
The reason you see more on the east side is because most State fans want to sit on the west side. So east side demand is even lower than general demand.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Thanks for reading. Although there are none of the inside.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Thanks for reading. Although there are none of the inside.

In typical MSU basketball tradition...more brick layin'.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I tell y'all what. I got a 27" flat screen I'll donate to the Hump facade. If everyone can pitch in their unused flat screens, many rolls of duct tape.... sync them TVs up.... we can have our very own Sphere.

In the black!*

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I'm not understanding all of the hate for faculty. I teach some of these athletes. I think it's a good idea to help build a good relationship between faculty and students. I go to every football game and ring my cow bell as well as anyone. I live in Starkville, so I'm there for the 11:00 am Bowling Green football game and the 8:00 pm Thursday night basket ball game against South Dakota. I even went during the Rick Ray and Croom years. I rarely miss a baseball game, even when rain is forecasted. I buy women's basket ball tickets every year but miss some of those. My wife, daughter, and I go to softball and soccer games sometimes. I don't like anyone selling tickets to the opposing team, same as you. I give to the Bulldog Club. I don't even care about getting a ticket discount. But, the seat location is a job perk. Most jobs have some perks...and this is mine. Take it from me, and you make one more down grade in the relationship between the faculty and athletics. I'm not sure that anyone cares about that any more. Is everything just about the money now?
Irondawg, nothing personal with the faculty, but let me explain. Been a member of the Bulldog Club for more than 40 years. A season ticket holder for many more years than that. Between my BC donation and the price of 4 season tickets I drop over $5K annually to see our football games. We sit West side on about the 15 -20 yard line, which is ok. We look across the stadium and see the facility section between the 40 and 50. Ok, so look a little closer now and you will see that the faculty took those cheap facility tickets, did not appreciate them, and sold or gave a shocking number of them to our opponents. Happens every single week. So we spend 5K and our opponents end up sitting in the prime seats for little to nothing. If they don’t want their prime, cheap tickets, at least pass them on to fellow bulldogs. Do not slap us in the face by giving them to Tigers, Gators, Gumps, or God forbid Rebels. I hope this helps you understand.

Last edited:

irondog

Jan 20, 2020
Irondawg, nothing personal with the faculty, but let me explain. Been a member of the Bulldog Club for more than 40 years. A season ticket holder for many more years than that. Between my BC donation and the price of 4 season tickets I drop over $5K annually to see our football games. We sit West side on about the 15 -20 yard line, which is ok. We look across the stadium and see the facility section between the 40 and 50. Ok, so look a little closer now and you will see that the faculty took those cheap facility tickets, did not appreciate them, and sold or gave a shocking number of them to our opponents. Happens every single week. So we spend 5K and our opponents end up sitting in the prime seats for little to nothing. If they don’t want their prime, cheap tickets, at least pass them on to fellow bulldogs. Do not slap us in the face by giving them to Tigers, Gators, Gumps, or God forbid Rebels. I hope this helps you understand.
I hope I can offer a bit more perspective from the faculty section. I've sold two of my tickets on stub hub, only twice in 15 years. I ended up having to sit next to some Arkansas fans once and some Auburn fans the other time. I don't know why my tickets were not bought by bulldog fans. I wish they were. So, I don't do that any more. I just give them to people I know or leave them empty. I agree with you! Faculty seats should be for faculty use, not for resale! I think the solution is fairly simple. I would love to see MSU require an MSU Faculty ID at the gate, to use the faculty tickets. That is what is required for the students.... That would end any faculty Stub Hub scalping very quickly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login