Have we discussed the Alex Murdaugh trial?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
There are plenty of multimillionaire families that go to MC, Germantown, NWR, Brandon, Tupelo, and schools on the coast and in north Mississippi. Most of the people struggling to send their kids to private school don't live in those school districts. Some certainly do, and they're usually going to be sending their kids to private school because of wanting a nominally religious school or just wanting a smaller school. Being in a class with 100 people is pretty different than being in a class with 400 or more.
I didn't think i needed to draw a map. Obviously, I referring to struggling families zoned for MC, Germantown, NWR and Brandon, but sending their kids to private school. If you're in Greenwood, or Greenville, you don't have the choice to send your kids to pubic school, I'm referring to lower middle class families zoned for good public schools, but sending their kids private. Not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just noting it s a big difference between two areas.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I didn't think i needed to draw a map. Obviously, I referring to struggling families zoned for MC, Germantown, NWR and Brandon, but sending their kids to private school. If you're in Greenwood, or Greenville, you don't have the choice to send your kids to pubic school, I'm referring to lower middle class families zoned for good public schools, but sending their kids private. Not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just noting it s a big difference between two areas.
I would hesitate to say it's a difference based on one family though. Not sure what the private school situation is in where ever South Carolina; could be like North east MS where they barely exist, or it could be like central MS, but I suspect if you look across South Carolina, you will find it looks a lot like Mississippi, with I guess the exception that appalachia is probably not quite as bad off as the Delta, but is probably just more like other poorest rural areas of Mississippi?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Appears that the one juror in his favor that could have hung the trial was dismissed this morning for talking to everyone about the case. Good for the judge for holding the line on his rules.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login