Haven’t been to a game in a while so a few questions

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Might make my way up this weekend with my son and looking at some tickets a few questions are coming up:

1) what’s the $$ value of the Gridiron club passes and what are people’s thoughts on it? I know there were some mixed reviews earlier.

2) when people are selling “club” seats, what all does that get you?

3) when people are selling “donor” seats what does that mean?

4) how much time should you account for to get through security and to your seats?

Thanks

patdog

May 28, 2007
1 & 2 - no idea
3 - that could be anything in the lower sections
4 - at the UK game we went right through security in no time at all at the south gate east side. Nobody even checked our tickets.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The Gridiron requires you to buy a seat elsewhere in the stadium. It doesn’t give you access to the stadium, just access to the club once you are in the stadium. Face value of every ticket in the stadium is the same. For an out of conference game I think they are 35-40 bucks. It’s the seat fee that differentiates what the ticket actually costs. I sit in Scoreboard and not counting parking passes the actual costs of my tickets averages out about $250 per ticket per game. All food and non alcoholic drinks are included but you don’t get what you’re paying for because the food has sucked this year. Club levels have dedicated gates and they are fast, you have to slow down to empty your pocket to walk through the metal detector and maybe wait one or two elevator trips.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Every survey that the University has sent out about Club level has had a place for suggestions and for five plus years I’ve suggested hot wings be on the menu. I mean what goes better with football than beer and chicken wings? Last home game when they sent out the game menu I was excited to finally see chicken wings on the menu, finally. Guess what, they weren’t buffet style but had an attendant on duty to give out the wings, three at a time. You could get three, go eat them and then you had to get back in line for three more. Our athletic department could 17 up a wet dream. FYI, this weeks menu sux big time. The menu usually looks promising and doesn’t disappoint you until you actually see and taste the food but not this week, they go ahead and disappoint you up front.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
$1250 seat donation plus I think $395 season ticket cost. $1650 divided by 7 games comes out to $235 per game per ticket. East side is even higher.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Oh, you also need to figure in about every third year we play a non conference game away or at a neutral site and we only have six home games. The seat fee and season ticket cost doesn’t go down by 1/7 in those years.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's been a long time since we've had only 6 home games (excluding last year of course), and we're scheduled for 7 home games for the foreseeable future. Our scheduling model is 7 home games every year.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If and when the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule, that will mean an additional away conference game every other year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We'll see. People have been saying a 9-game conference schedule is imminent for well over a decade now. Even if it does, it remains to be seen what that would do to our already scheduled non-conference road games. Most non-conference contracts have an out clause if either team's conference adds conference games. And with the proposed scheduling alliances between the other P5 conferences, some of our non-conference opponents may wind up cancelling on us.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I'm hearing the Egg Bowl is a sale out. Don't know if it is true or not but it's amazing how the light switch turns on.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately, you heard wrong there’s still plenty of tickets for sale on hailstate.com/tickets

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I'm hearing the Egg Bowl is a sale out. Don't know if it is true or not but it's amazing how the light switch turns on.

They aren't sold out but I purchase the military seats in the upper deck for the games I attend. I can say there were ALOT LESS availability this morning than I have seen in several years for those seats.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
1. My experience with the Gridiron club has been good. I have used it for free food (it was decent) and place to watch warmups. I like to go to my seat to watch the actual game being played. The only negative I will say about the Gridiron club, last time I was there for a 11am game, they still made us leave one hour after the game was over. I was hoping to stay for a few hours and watch the 230 game. But nope. CLoses one hour after the end of the game. Also, you can get there at 9am and enjoy two hours of food and soft drinks.

4. Depends on where you go in. Even for our most attended game this year, it took me maybe 10 minutes to get through the SE gate. I imagine a 11am game will be a last minute walk up crowd. However, it will be a very small crowd Saturday. So, 5-10 minutes tops, would be my guess.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That's actually hilarious. You've got donors paying over $100 per game, plus the price of a ticket to the game, and you're doling out chicken wings 3 at a time. Larry Templeton would be so proud.

Sep 25, 2009
my 2 cents.
1. people usually want $100 bucks for a pass. as said, you also need a ticket. its ok food, but not great. If you know people that are regular members they have lockers stocked. My wife likes it on cold games... piss and miss egg bowl it was a great place to watch all that unfold.
2. Club seats get you in club level and access to a seat and same food. always seemed awkward to me unless you know someone.
3. donor seats are as said, location depends on how much they give.
4. varies on when you try to go in, South West gate gets backed up about 30-20 min. to kickoff. might wait in line 10 min. if line is short you will walk right through..

Hope Y'all have a great time!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login