Hear me out. Go back to the air raid.

baseballnerd

Feb 6, 2011
The starters remember it. Will knows it by heart. He can just audible the entire game.
It literally can't be any worse.
I know you would only have a week to incorporate it again, but if you know anything about the air raid, it's the one offense you could pull this off with as long as everyone knew the base routes.
It ain't crazy if it works.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The starters remember it. Will knows it by heart. He can just audible the entire game.
I know you would only have a week to incorporate it again, but if you know anything about the air raid, it's the one offense you could. Pull this off with as long as everyone new the base routes.
Or…. Keep the least capable QB on the roster on the sidelines. Seems like a better option to me.

I’ve said it before, but we have let one player and his familiarity with a gimmick offense hinder the future of our football program. We have run off some highly regarded QBs because of two people, one of whom is no longer with us.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I know you would only have a week to incorporate it again, but if you know anything about the air raid, it's the one offense you could pull this off with as long as everyone knew the base routes.
Jesus. the only guy that would run leaches air raid was leach. Will only works in leaches offense. Leach died. I hate to say it but some of you act like he is still here. He's gone. That 9-4 team died with him. That air raid died with him.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Oh my god, no. So we can score 16 against LSU? Or 24 against Ole Miss? Or 17 against Kentucky? Or 6 against Bama? Or 19 against Georgia? Or 12 against Illinois?

The air raid didn’t work…probably because Will has no athletic ability coupled with a lack of talent across the board. This offense will work. Gotta recruit like crazy and bench Will.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Or…. Keep the least capable QB on the roster on the sidelines. Seems like a better option to me.

I’ve said it before, but we have let one player and his familiarity with a gimmick offense hinder the future of our football program. We have run off some highly regarded QBs because of two people, one of whom is no longer with us.
The future of our program was decided when we moved off the air raid a year early. It’s over. On to basketball season. See you in 4 years when a senior laden team of Barbay disciples are monkeying around trying to figure out the wishbone.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Oh my god, no. So we can score 16 against LSU? Or 24 against Ole Miss? Or 17 against Kentucky? Or 6 against Bama? Or 19 against Georgia? Or 12 against Illinois?

The air raid didn’t work…probably because Will has no athletic ability coupled with a lack of talent across the board. This offense will work. Gotta recruit like crazy and bench Will.
You lost me when you said “this offense will work”

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I never wanted to leave it.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I don’t give a 17 what we go back to but fire Barbie tonight.
Fire whoever else. - Arnett included.
All of this is inevitable anyway if ZSelmon is paying attention

Reactions: Imadick

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Think about this. Will played air raid all through high school and college. This is the first time he's had to run a new system

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
No, the air raid is over. It’s time to move on to wright and try a Mullen with relf or even a malzahn type offense. Gotta spread the defense out and base everything around the QB run. And please make it a priority to get tulu 15+ touches in a game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s either that or play Mike Wright 90% of the snaps. Cause after 3 games, this sh**’s not working.

Reactions: Baddmann

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
There's plenty of potential lower assistants that could be brought in for coaching. I tend to agree that plenty of the player would remember the plays/concepts.

One would think that during the transition of an offense you'd a least have a package of plays to use it.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Jesus. the only guy that would run leaches air raid was leach. Will only works in leaches offense. Leach died. I hate to say it but some of you act like he is still here. He's gone. That 9-4 team died with him. That air raid died with him.
No. Steve Spurrier Jr was on staff and was fired. SOS Jr knew the Air Raid and has the pedigree to transition us from an Air Raid to something with more balance.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

The least capable QB’s are on the sidelines. Yall act like the 2nd - 4th string QB’s are Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts. That ain’t the case. Love or hate Will, he’s still the best we have.

Bottom line - Arnett had to pick his poison on how he wanted to suck on offense this year. Try to run some bullśhit version of the old Air Raid with Rogers (which would be even worse than what we are seeing now), or try and adopt a more modern system and hope for the best in the tossup games. He made the correct strategy for the long term future of the program. Hopefully Parson is ready to roll in 2024.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Crazy thought, what if Keenum promoted the wrong guy, If Arnett just stayed DC and Spurrier kept the offense intact ? I’m not advocating that, but honestly it would have played out much better than what we are seeing On the field.

Muschamp ,syndrome is a real phenomenon.

Will got thrown out there as a true freshman, why not Parson ?

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We should at least let him play 4 games and get some experience. Could it be any worse ??? He can run and throw

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
We should at least let him play 4 games and get some experience. Could it be any worse ??? He can run and throw
No it would be an improvement. I’d worry about his confidence without Leach on the sideline though. That’s who he came to play for.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
It’s either that or play Mike Wright 90% of the snaps. Cause after 3 games, this sh**’s not working.
This was all about mismatches on the line of scrimmage. Our OL could not block. Our DL could get no pressure. They are far more talented than we are. That is the main problem today.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This was all about mismatches on the line of scrimmage. Our OL could not block. Our DL could get no pressure. They are far more talented than we are. That is the main problem today.
And when that happens, playing the immobile drop back passer in a conventional offense isn’t going to help you any. Either run air raid or play the more mobile stronger armed QB.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The least capable QB’s are on the sidelines. Yall act like the 2nd - 4th string QB’s are Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts. That ain’t the case. Love or hate Will, he’s still the best we have.

Bottom line - Arnett had to pick his poison on how he wanted to suck on offense this year. Try to run some bullśhit version of the old Air Raid with Rogers (which would be even worse than what we are seeing now), or try and adopt a more modern system and hope for the best in the tossup games. He made the correct strategy for the long term future of the program. Hopefully Parson is ready to roll in 2024.
I’ve said more than a few times that we have a barren QB room because we ran most of them off b/c of muh air raid and muh Cowboy.

Rogers can’t run and has zero pocket presence even during the best of times. He panics. And he can’t throw downfield with any consistency under any circumstances.

Maybe we should have stuck with the air raid. But, we didn’t and we can’t go back. Rogers has none of the traits a QB needs outside of the air raid.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They all left after CML died and they were told we were changing our offensive scheme. The honest truth is our coaches were out coached in every conceivable way. And will be all year. There is a ton of SEC experience among our assistants because they have coached all over the SEC but never retained because they are not able to get it done. Parson is the future and he bout as well start learning. Will is ruined and Wright ain't a long term solution. It can't get much worse. Play the kid

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve said more than a few times that we have a barren QB room because we ran most of them off b/c of muh air raid and muh Cowboy.

Rogers can’t run and has zero pocket presence even during the best of times. He panics. And he can’t throw downfield with any consistency under any circumstances.

Maybe we should have stuck with the air raid. But, we didn’t and we can’t go back. Rogers has none of the traits a QB needs outside of the air raid.
Did we “run off” anyone worth keeping? Sawyer Robertson was 10-22 for 113 yards against something called “LIU” today. He’s awful. Anyone else?

Rogers is what he is. We all wish he was more, but there’s no one else we have that can throw even a little bit. There’s also no way to “temporarily” keep the Air Raid for a year, either. How would that even look? “Alright, Spurrier, Jr…..you’re the OC now. Here’s your 1-year contract which shows how much faith we have in you”

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I don’t give a 17 what we go back to but fire Barbie tonight.
Fire whoever else. - Arnett included.
All of this is inevitable anyway if ZSelmon is paying attention
Selmon is not paying attention. If he was, Lemonis would be gone. Selmon is just here to draw a paycheck. He does not care.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Did we “run off” anyone worth keeping? Sawyer Robertson was 10-22 for 113 yards against something called “LIU” today. He’s awful. Anyone else?

Rogers is what he is. We all wish he was more, but there’s no one else we have that can throw even a little bit. There’s also no way to “temporarily” keep the Air Raid for a year, either. How would that even look? “Alright, Spurrier, Jr…..you’re the OC now. Here’s your 1-year contract which shows how much faith we have in you”
Jaylen Mayden, too. He starts for SDSU.

We didn’t even recruit QBs a couple of years. We were all in on one single person.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Selmon is not paying attention. If he was, Lemonis would be gone. Selmon is just here to draw a paycheck. He does not care.
Yeah that's what scares me with Selmon. Lrmonis did win a cws so new ad not wanting to do something drastic, arnett hasn't done **** snd was a rush hire made with emotion. Before he was AD

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

Wright couldn't win the job at Vandy.

Reactions: PBRME

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Crazy thought, what if Keenum promoted the wrong guy, If Arnett just stayed DC and Spurrier kept the offense intact ? I’m not advocating that, but honestly it would have played out much better than what we are seeing On the field.

Muschamp ,syndrome is a real phenomenon.

Will got thrown out there as a true freshman, why not Parson ?
Definitely promoted the wrong guy but I’d argue no one should have been promoted. But if we were going to promote it should have been to maintain some continuity. Instead we retained a young inexperienced DC who blew it up.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
They all left after CML died and they were told we were changing our offensive scheme. The honest truth is our coaches were out coached in every conceivable way. And will be all year. There is a ton of SEC experience among our assistants because they have coached all over the SEC but never retained because they are not able to get it done. Parson is the future and he bout as well start learning. Will is ruined and Wright ain't a long term solution. It can't get much worse. Play the kid
No matter how good parson is, you can’t play him right now. No one knows what they are doing on offense. The receivers don’t know what to do, the OL does not know who they are supposed to block, the QB does not know where the ball is supposed to go. Great example of this, yesterday Will was sacked on a roll out. This was a one read play, you either throw it to the WR that should be standing damn near in front of you or if he’s covered you run and that WR blocks. I’d ask why the hell that play is even in the playbook for Will. The WR is always going to be covered because no one is worried about will running… but will took a sack because he does not know what the hell he’s supposed to do right now, and that is coaching.

So, all that to say, the offense is not being grasped by the team, and as a result you can’t throw a freshman QB out there to be the whipping boy. I’m ok playing him against western Michigan and maybe southern miss.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It was decided before the game that we would lose this game to LSU. But we didn't need to look this pitiful.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Come on Perd, stop making so much sense. You can't let facts get in the way of bitching about all the All-American QBs that transferred out. I feel a lot more comfortable if Mike Wright was starting for us than any of the QBs who transferred out.

Reactions: Perd Hapley
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login