Hear me out. Go back to the air raid.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We gotta get the kid out there to get some experience. Next year is gonna be really ugly when 60% of our starters are gone. Not to mention how many guys hit the portal. This is a disaster and I have zero confidence this coaching staff can fix it

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Or…. Keep the least capable QB on the roster on the sidelines. Seems like a better option to me.

I’ve said it before, but we have let one player and his familiarity with a gimmick offense hinder the future of our football program. We have run off some highly regarded QBs because of two people, one of whom is no longer with us.

Horse ****. on both comments too. Air Raid is not a gimmick offense. It's used widely.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Maybe we should just hire Will Rogers’s dad to put in an offense that he is capable of running***

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Jesus. the only guy that would run leaches air raid was leach. Will only works in leaches offense. Leach died. I hate to say it but some of you act like he is still here. He's gone. That 9-4 team died with him. That air raid died with him.

Nobody stated run it exactly the way Leach did. Leach could coach. He got everything out of our guys! BTW, Hollingshead had more yards at the lowly WKU and they played #6OSU @ OSU.... about 100 yards more than we got.

We fired him!

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Jesus. the only guy that would run leaches air raid was leach. Will only works in leaches offense. Leach died. I hate to say it but some of you act like he is still here. He's gone. That 9-4 team died with him. That air raid died with him.
You didn't get the memo? We kept Arnett for continuity (rolls eyes).

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Keenum should have just hired a search firm for a replacement coach, at least consider that Or have that option. Arnett blew up the program, no continuity so why not have a search.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Nobody stated run it exactly the way Leach did. Leach could coach. He got everything out of our guys! BTW, Hollingshead had more yards at the lowly WKU and they played #6OSU @ OSU.... about 100 yards more than we got.

We fired him!
I don’t think Rogers can run a modified air raid. Hot take but if Leach doesn’t die, we still probably stink this year with Rogers as QB. Teams had figured it out, and the defense won our SEC games. Defense doesn’t seem to be too strong this year.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I don’t think Rogers can run a modified air raid. Hot take but if Leach doesn’t die, we still probably stink this year with Rogers as QB. Teams had figured it out, and the defense won our SEC games. Defense doesn’t seem to be too strong this year.
No, Leach would win games with this group of fourth year players. he went 9-4 last year.
Id put the blame where it belongs, we have lousy coaching

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Horse ****. on both comments too. Air Raid is not a gimmick offense. It's used widely.
Feel free to throw out a couple of examples. I haven’t seen anything resembling Leach’s offense outside of a Leach-coached team.

Any offense that can have Rogers breaking records (the good kind) has to be a gimmick.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Feel free to throw out a couple of examples. I haven’t seen anything resembling Leach’s offense outside of a Leach-coached team.

Any offense that can have Rogers breaking records (the good kind) has to be a gimmick.
Ah, I see you are going with demanding people saying we had to run Leach's offense. Nobody expected that. Hollinshead (127 passes to 81 rushing attempts ) doesn't run it like Leach, nor does any other coach. Hell Spurrier Jr is more run than pass at Tulsa 79 passing attempts to 135 rushing.

The whole argument of people demanding we run Leach's version is a myth!

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Ah, I see you are going with demanding people saying we had to run Leach's offense. Nobody expected that. Hollinshead (127 passes to 81 rushing attempts ) doesn't run it like Leach, nor does any other coach. Hell Spurrier Jr is more run than pass at Tulsa 79 passing attempts to 135 rushing.

The whole argument of people demanding we run Leach's version is a myth!
I am saying Rogers is only capable as a QB running Mike Leach’s personal system.

I don’t think you know what the air raid is. Passing more than running isn’t necessarily indicative of an air raid at all. Avoiding run blocking by dinking and dunking 3-yard passes all game is.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I am saying Rogers is only capable as a QB running Mike Leach’s personal system.

I don’t think you know what the air raid is. Passing more than running isn’t necessarily indicative of an air raid at all. Avoiding run blocking by dinking and dunking 3-yard passes all game is.
And that is speculation on your part. Had we kept Hollingshead, we would be running an air raid offense yet running it with TE and more rushing attempts.

This guy is clueless and was before we hired him.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
And that is speculation on your part. Had we kept Hollingshead, we would be running an air raid offense yet running it with TE and more rushing attempts.

This guy is clueless and was before we hired him.
And that’s not speculation on your part at all.****

Not sure which “guy” you’re talking about, but I won’t argue that we have an awful coaching staff.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
And that’s not speculation on your part at all.****

Not sure which “guy” you’re talking about, but I won’t argue that we have an awful coaching staff.
Factually speaking it's not. I'm going off the offense he put in. And that offense had about 100 more yards than we did this weekend. They played #6 Ohio State

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Factually speaking it's not. I'm going off the offense he put in. And that offense had about 100 more yards than we did this weekend. They played #6 Ohio State
And if my uncle had wings, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.****

Nobody is arguing that Will wouldn’t be better off in that offense. But, with Leach gone I don’t see how it would have succeeded.

Having 100 more yards than us is no accomplishment. We don’t have a QB or an offensive game plan. Or a defensive game plan.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
And if my uncle had wings, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.****

Nobody is arguing that Will wouldn’t be better off in that offense. But, with Leach gone I don’t see how it would have succeeded.

Having 100 more yards than us is no accomplishment. We don’t have a QB or an offensive game plan. Or a defensive game plan.
How what would not have? Thats a minor adjustment to what we already were running. And yeah, 100 more vs OSU by lowly Western Kentucky is an accomplishment. They do not have the talent we do.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
How what would not have? Thats a minor adjustment to what we already were running. And yeah, 100 more vs OSU by lowly Western uh Kentucky is an accomplishment. They do not have the talent we do.
I’m done arguing about a bad QB.

Leach never let go of the offense and he was the linchpin behind the success of it everywhere he went. He treated it like his great grandma’s cookie recipe. I don’t think a WR coach would have come in and not skipped a beat. It’s naive to think so.

Go find somebody else to argue about Rogers with. He is what he is, and it’s not pretty.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Jaylen Mayden, too. He starts for SDSU.

We didn’t even recruit QBs a couple of years. We were all in on one single person
Mayden is averaging 6 yards per attempt with a 112 passer rating…..in the Mountain West. He also sucks.

Again, we didn’t “run off” anyone worth keeping.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Mayden is averaging 6 yards per attempt with a 112 passer rating…..in the Mountain West. He also sucks.

Again, we didn’t “run off” anyone worth keeping.
Hey, thanks for muh worthless stats from SDSU.

It doesn’t make the fact that we mortgaged our offense for a string bean with no talent any less relevant. We barely have a 3rd string.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I’m done arguing about a bad QB.

Leach never let go of the offense and he was the linchpin behind the success of it everywhere he went. He treated it like his great grandma’s cookie recipe. I don’t think a WR coach would have come in and not skipped a beat. It’s naive to think so.

Go find somebody else to argue about Rogers with. He is what he is, and it’s not pretty.
Hollingshead was already on staff.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login