Hearing that Zac Selmon is a done deal for AD…

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Heard he’s waiting to fax back the signed offer letter once Arnett whiffs on another OC

patdog

May 28, 2007
He's been my # 1 choice / hope from the get go. His work history and fund raising results are awesome and he seems like a fine young man with high energy. I hate forced diversity (affirm action) but I Love diversity when it's earned.
He's definitely got a good-looking resume and good genes. I like this hire.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
He's been my # 1 choice / hope from the get go. His work history and fund raising results are awesome and he seems like a fine young man with high energy. I hate forced diversity (affirm action) but I Love diversity when it's earned.
The only bottom line diversity I care about with this hire that he clearly checks the box for is "not previously affiliated with Mississippi State University Athletics."

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Nice. Welcome Zac. Now if we can only find an OC named Zac, Zach, Zack we will be ready to go.

Are you trying to say you want the
saved by the bell screech powers GIF

rankindog86

Aug 22, 2012
and having ties to MSU and Mississippi will make someone not bolt if another opportunity opens?

Are you trolling or do you really have that short of a memory?
Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make it trolling.

If the options are a guy with massive OU ties, no AD experience or a guy that understands what it takes to be successful at MSU, has AD experience and has wanted the job for some time now, give me the guy with MSU ties.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The only bottom line diversity I care about with this hire that he clearly checks the box for is "not previously affiliated with Mississippi State University Athletics."
Totally agree. We need new blood in the AD's office.
Terrible hire. No AD experience and no ties at all to Mississippi or MSU at all. Will bolt if another opportunity opens.
kind of like the last two then on MSU ties...oh wait...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Terrible hire. No AD experience and no ties at all to Mississippi or MSU at all. Will bolt if another opportunity opens.
Our last 2 AD's were graduates. One's father in law is our all time greatest basketball player. Another played baseball at Mississippi State and we gifted him the job with no prior experience.

I'm not sure getting MSU guys is a good strategy either. I hope he does a good enough job that Oklahoma wants him back.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
What do you not like about it? Not bashing, just curious.
Probably nothing I can articulate. Just some combination of liking other candidates better and his youth/inexperience. Obviously his resume is impressive and we’d be lucky to have him in a different role. But in the big chair, I don’t know why you wouldn’t hire one of the candidates who has run an athletic department before, like Benko or Brian White (who supposedly the search firm/committee preferred).
I’m not saying we should have made a “safe” hire or someone with ties to MSU, but this just feels waaaay out of left field.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wanna a total reprint of the maroon is all that matters shirts immediately and in every interview I wanna hear someone say that maroon is the only color that matters at least once

squintdawg

Jun 4, 2003
Our last 2 AD's were graduates. One's father in law is our all time greatest basketball player. Another played baseball at Mississippi State and we gifted him the job with no prior experience.

I'm not sure getting MSU guys is a good strategy either. I hope he does a good enough job that Oklahoma wants him back.
Dawgstudent- the last 3 hires where individuals that this was their first full AD gig. That is why I think they all bolted like they did. They all wanted to get to a place it was easier to attract coaches / etc. I hope this guy is great - but he fits the same mold. My thinking on any of they candidates who had been an AD was they would be less likely to bolt. The MSU ties on top of that was just a plus. Obviously the desire to move on to a “bigger” job didn’t matter for the Cheerleader or IB!

Reactions: rankindog86
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login