Herniated discs......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The injections rarely work on a significantly herniated disc. I had 2 before going to Laser Spine Institute (LSI),and they helped for 2-3 weeks and the pain slowly returned. When I had my MIS at LSI......I walked out of the surgery center pain free. Was one of the happiest times in my life. Absolutely couldn't believe it. Best decision I ever made.
Same experience. This time around, the first injection I had killed the pain for 6 months, but I could still feel it there (basically tighter on that side) plus I had the drop foot. And damn, when the pain returned, hell came with it. Second injection did absolutely nothing. Waste of money.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I've got just about every back issue you can think of, other than fracture - degenerative discs, spondylolithesis, and stenosis along with some degree of arthritis. I get shots in my back about every 3 months, along with RF nerve burning every 6 months, take pain meds, and still play golf. I guess I use mostly arms instead of a full turn. Works for me, but it's manageable, mostly. Scores are pretty good from the senior tees.

If I still loved the game the way I did when I was younger, I'd probably just deal with the ultimate back issues. I just don't love it that way anymore.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
One thing I've noticed - the pain that comes from an acutely herniated disc is much different than what comes from your situation - basically chronic pain over time. And even more different than that, is what you say - fractures.

Degenerative discs/scoliosis/etc. usually lead to fusions. My surgeon told me that acutely herniated discs don't necessarily do that. They can, but they aren't actually that correlated.

I think you're right, although I've never had a herniated disc. I think a herniated disc would be a sharp, unbearable pain as opposed to ache as in my situation (which is fairly common).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login