Hey batgirl21, stevestrat or any other Redskin fan

BT Gamecock

Joined Apr 17, 2009 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
Brad had a good game with 2 INTs!

It's sad to think they really haven't done anything in the last 30 years. Throughout the 80s and early 90s, they were always competitive.

Thanks Danny Boy!

johncockroach

Jan 25, 2022

USA Today ranked that team the best ever to win a super bowl.

Darrell Green is working with Brad at George Mason now, thought that was pretty cool.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Buffalo Football Team.

I need to start emphatically not using any nickname for any NFL team. Why is Chiefs okay, but not Redskins?

GboCOCK

Joined Sep 22, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
If you guys have made it over here, thought you might enjoy this. It mentions Gamecock Brad Edwards also so no OT necessary :)

not either of the folks you noted but I have been a lifelong Skins fan. My very first memory of a Skins game was in late 1950's as a 2nd grader. 30 yrs ago I was living in Greensboro, NC with my wife and 3 yrs old daughter. I was glued to the TV set watching Joe Gibbs guys our lads to another Super Bowl win. He retired shortly thereafter, and the stage was set for the current meltdown. Daniel Snyder has been the total destruction of the franchise. The best thing that could happen would be for the NFL to force Snyder to sell the franchise on account of the shenanigans going on in his front office. The next thing to sex trafficking. I am embarrassed to say I've been a fan so long.

My grandparents and parents were at a place called Walt Hendrix's Crystal Door in La Plata, Md.. It was a Sunday, and they were playing the slot machines.us little kids were playing skee ball and when the Skins game came on, they sat us at the TV screen, and we watched it. Washington got jack hammered. I remember that. Not even sure who they played. I've ridden the roller coaster from the late 50's to the late 60's (terrible teams) to the 70's (Lombardi and Geo. Allen) a few mediocre years (under the likes of Jack Pardee) and then the 80's and 90's (the golden years under Joe Gibbs). Since then, Snyder bought them from Jack Kent-Cooke's estate, and they have been a near total crap show ever since. How far my team has fallen. The only hope I see is to oust Snyder.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
not either of the folks you noted but I have been a lifelong Skins fan. My very first memory of a Skins game was in late 1950's as a 2nd grader. 30 yrs ago I was living in Greensboro, NC with my wife and 3 yrs old daughter. I was glued to the TV set watching Joe Gibbs guys our lads to another Super Bowl win. He retired shortly thereafter, and the stage was set for the current meltdown. Daniel Snyder has been the total destruction of the franchise. The best thing that could happen would be for the NFL to force Snyder to sell the franchise on account of the shenanigans going on in his front office. The next thing to sex trafficking. I am embarrassed to say I've been a fan so long.

My grandparents and parents were at a place called Walt Hendrix's Crystal Door in La Plata, Md.. It was a Sunday, and they were playing the slot machines.us little kids were playing skee ball and when the Skins game came on, they sat us at the TV screen, and we watched it. Washington got jack hammered. I remember that. Not even sure who they played. I've ridden the roller coaster from the late 50's to the late 60's (terrible teams) to the 70's (Lombardi and Geo. Allen) a few mediocre years (under the likes of Jack Pardee) and then the 80's and 90's (the golden years under Joe Gibbs). Since then, Snyder bought them from Jack Kent-Cooke's estate, and they have been a near total crap show ever since. How far my team has fallen. The only hope I see is to oust Snyder.
When I was growing up in the 1950s and early 1960s, the Skins were on more than anyone else in the East. And that was before all the games were shown somewhere. They had a huge following despite their futility.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Buffalo Football Team.

I need to start emphatically not using any nickname for any NFL team. Why is Chiefs okay, but not Redskins?
Redskins is a a deragatory term while chiefs are not. If you want to educate yourself look up the origins of the word.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
& this is why Dan Snyder’s only friend on the planet is Jerry Jones. The fans had a great rivalry, the programs still mostly laughable

SCcocks4ever

Jan 25, 2022
& this is why Dan Snyder’s only friend on the planet is Jerry Jones. The fans had a great rivalry, the programs still mostly laughable
Agree. Those two rank at the top of meddling owners. Snyder pretty much over ruled everyone three years ago and drafted bust QB Dwayne Haskins in the first round. Jay Gruden et al; wanted someone else. Haskins play was awful and in little over a year he's off the team, and of course Gruden lost his job. Synder was also the cheif principle in the Albert Haynesworth debacle. The list goes on and on. I guess the Jack Kent Cooke, Charlie Casserly, Bobby Beathard and Joe Gibbs era spoiled us Skins fans. We are not even close anymore. Outside of Ron Rivera I dont really see anyone else who has a chance of turning this thing around anytime soon.

GboCOCK

Joined Sep 22, 2002
Jan 21, 2022
I tend to think Rivera can get us respectability if given time. I do not see him making us one of the league's elite teams.
Until we find a quality QB, we simply won't be any good. The offense will not move the chains and the D will wear out.
It's a recipe for disaster. Thank you, Daniel Snyder.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Agree. Those two rank at the top of meddling owners. Snyder pretty much over ruled everyone three years ago and drafted bust QB Dwayne Haskins in the first round. Jay Gruden et al; wanted someone else. Haskins play was awful and in little over a year he's off the team, and of course Gruden lost his job. Synder was also the cheif principle in the Albert Haynesworth debacle. The list goes on and on. I guess the Jack Kent Cooke, Charlie Casserly, Bobby Beathard and Joe Gibbs era spoiled us Skins fans. We are not even close anymore. Outside of Ron Rivera I dont really see anyone else who has a chance of turning this thing around anytime soon.
Different sport, but I can't help but think of Steinbrenner in this context. He had his share of success but he kept something stirred up all the time - unnecessarily. Everything had to be about him. I have to believe that, despite all he achieved, he could have done even better had he been more evenhanded.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
When I was growing up in the 1950s and early 1960s, the Skins were on more than anyone else in the East. And that was before all the games were shown somewhere. They had a huge following despite their futility.
It was the closest thing the NFL had to a franchise in the southeast. And also why they were the last team in the league to racially integrate.

Reactions: King Ward

Neanderthal

Jan 25, 2022
All we got in the 60s were the Redskins and Colts games. So I became a fan of both and left the Colts when they moved. My favorite Redskins: Sonny Jurgenson, Charlie Taylor and John Riggins.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
All we got in the 60s were the Redskins and Colts games. So I became a fan of both and left the Colts when they moved. My favorite Redskins: Sonny Jurgenson, Charlie Taylor and John Riggins.
I was a Colts fan during all that time: Unitas, Lenny Moore, Ray Berry, those people, even including Bert Jones. But when Irsay sneaked away to Indianapolis by night, I lost my team. I do not recognize that team in Indianapolis as the Colts and I don't care who disagrees. I don't have an NFL team. In the current political climate, it sort of works out for me.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Does that mean Pale face and cracker are also deragatory? Some things need to roll off us like water on a duck's back.
Actually pale face and cracker used towards Caucasians is in fact derogation. Whenever you see those names associated with teams let me know

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Does that mean Pale face and cracker are also deragatory? Some things need to roll off us like water on a duck's back.
Actually pale face and cracker used towards Caucasians is in fact derogatory Whenever you see those names associated with teams let me know

Garnetspur

Joined Jan 1, 2004
Jan 22, 2022
Actually pale face and cracker used towards Caucasians is in fact derogatory Whenever you see those names associated with teams let me know
There was a baseball team called the Atlanta Crackers. Pale face was mostly attributed to Western movies with the Indians calling the other side that name.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
That’s amazing, I’ve never in my life heard of the Atlanta crackers. Great job digging that up. SMH

mUSiC-man

Jan 20, 2022
University of Northern Colorado Fighting Whities intramural basketball teamFightingWhites.png

Attachments

• FightingWhites.png
    FightingWhites.png
    114 KB · Views: 2

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
That’s amazing, I’ve never in my life heard of the Atlanta crackers. Great job digging that up. SMH
I heard about them way back when I was a kid. I never drew any connotations all these years. That's the truth.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Minor league pro baseball. Name was retired when the Braves relocated to Atlanta from Milwaukee.

In the "Negro Leagues, back in the day" there was a franchise known as the "Black Crackers."

USCBatgirl21

Joined Sep 5, 2006
Jan 31, 2022
If you guys have made it over here, thought you might enjoy this. It mentions Gamecock Brad Edwards also so no OT necessary :)

I watched it that day. They made a lot of good points about what's wrong today. There were some veiled shots (rightfully so) at DS. JKC was one helluva owner. That 1991 team was simply amazing.