Hey cooterpoot you dumb ****

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I'm not hiring the coach. I'm just passing along the info. You'll have to ask JC. But no, I wouldn't hand it to him unless he can show me what kind of staff he can bring in. He's got to be able to recruit. But that game should get him in the door.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Unless we're hiring a top 10 national coach (which would take a huge financial commitment), Novak should be the guy.

The boosters can handle the recruiting for him if that's a concern.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
What womens Coach out there that is way passed their prime and needs a good retirement gig? That will be the prime candidate.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Unless we're hiring a top 10 national coach (which would take a huge financial commitment), Novak should be the guy.

The boosters can handle the recruiting for him if that's a concern.

But that's the catch. What if we've got someone lined up? I know we're talking to proven coaches. Who they are, I have no clue but I think I could probably guess at one or two. JC has to do his due diligence.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
But that's the catch. What if we've got someone lined up? I know we're talking to proven coaches. Who they are, I have no clue but I think I could probably guess at one or two. JC has to do his due diligence.

If we literally have a top 10 national coach interested in the job and we can make the money work, do it. I'm skeptical, but if Cohen can prove me wrong, more power to him.

Short of that, I think it's pretty unlikely that a different hire would do a better job than Novak will. Just not worth the risk to hire someone else we have very strong evidence that the other hire is better.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You do the coaching search and treat Novak like any other candidate. Do we even know if he wants the job?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I agree in principle, but he's not "just another candidate." He's more than that, because he's proven he can succeed at Mississippi State. Short of someone established to be a top 10 national coach, you just never know if a hire who looks good on paper (see Joe Moorhead, Nikki McCray) will actually succeed here.

I'm fine with doing our due diligence and seeing who else is out there - in fact I'm not just fine with it, I actively support it. I just think it would take a really big name not to give Novak the job at this point, since he's already proven what he can do here.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I agree in principle, but he's not "just another candidate." He's more than that, because he's proven he can succeed at Mississippi State. Short of someone established to be a top 10 national coach, you just never know if a hire who looks good on paper (see Joe Moorhead, Nikki McCray) will actually succeed here.

I'm fine with doing our due diligence and seeing who else is out there - in fact I'm not just fine with it, I actively support it. I just think it would take a really big name not to give Novak the job at this point, since he's already proven what he can do here.

Nah, he's just another candidate with a resume. But he's still got a chance to improve his the next few games. He takes down TN or LSU and things might get interesting. Get in the tourney and you never know. But if Mitchell or similar want the job, Novak isn't getting it. It's a big IF.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
All he’s proven is that he’s a good Xs and Os guy (which is the reason why he’s here). You have to do a search.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
All he’s proven is that he’s a good Xs and Os guy (which is the reason why he’s here). You have to do a search.
"He's good at the most important aspect of coaching" is pretty strong praise.

He also has brought in 2 4-star recruits, and can use boosters/NIL to help at that going forward. And he had the stones to cut the SEC's leading scorer and make the team better, so he appears to be pretty good at managing the personalities.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Mitchell would be a great candidate for Cohen, a coach with his better days behind him needing a retirement gig. He wouldn’t talk to us when we needed him, but we lucked out and hired Vic.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
"He's good at the most important aspect of coaching" is pretty strong praise.

He also has brought in 2 4-star recruits, and can use boosters/NIL to help at that going forward. And he had the stones to cut the SEC's leading scorer and make the team better, so he appears to be pretty good at managing the personalities.

He recruited one player, a transfer and is on absolutely nobody right now. Jackson was out the door no matter what. That was a mutual parting of ways.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Regardless of anything said in this thread and which side of the argument you’re on, I must say that it warms my heart that a man was so genius in his username selection that he forced the rest of us to refer to him as Cooterpoot.

I bet everyone loves it when you introduce yourself at the SPS tailgate.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Regardless of anything said in this thread and which side of the argument you’re on, I must say that it warms my heart that a man was so genius in his username selection that he forced the rest of us to refer to him as Cooterpoot.

I bet everyone loves it when you introduce yourself at the SPS tailgate.

It's King of Quefes at the tailgate*

engie

May 29, 2011
Legit lol at irony of thread title. If someone tells you they are a shitposter in their name I’ve found it generally best to believe them

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login