High School Football

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I went to my first High School football game in 25 years tonight. 3A in Idaho so I wasn't setting the expectation bar real high. Went because my kid's youth team got to run out on the field with them.

What a 17ing blast it turned out to be. Fire department out there cooking burgers and dogs. The little bitty kids are playing a game of their own with an empty Gatorade bottle. And our boys whipped the hell out of those turds from Sun Valley, 42-7.

It was a throwback to JLD's old defenses in the 90's. Two brick shìt house d lineman and the other 9 were all basically hard hitting safeties. Amazing tackling.

Offense was highlighted by one kid at WR and kick returner. Looks like Cooper Kupp out there. Had at least 250 all purpose yards and 3tds including a punt return 70 yards for a TD. Someone told he's talking to Air Force.

All and all they'd get destroyed in Texas or Mississippi. No hogmollies on the O line and the skill players are all 150-160 lbs of sinew... No 200 lbs running backs. But what a fun style of football to watch.

I don't think it would be as good in a big town, but if you live in a small town where everyone knows everybody, you can't beat Friday night high school football. I forgot how great it is.

1000011165.png

Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I went to my first High School football game in 25 years tonight. 3A in Idaho so I wasn't setting the expectation bar real high. Went because my kid's youth team got to run out on the field with them.

What a 17ing blast it turned out to be. Fire department out there cooking burgers and dogs. The little bitty kids are playing a game of their own with an empty Gatorade bottle. And our boys whipped the hell out of those turds from Sun Valley, 42-7.

It was a throwback to JLD's old defenses in the 90's. Two brick shìt house d lineman and the other 9 were all basically hard hitting safeties. Amazing tackling.

Offense was highlighted by one kid at WR and kick returner. Looks like Cooper Kupp out there. Had at least 250 all purpose yards and 3tds including a punt return 70 yards for a TD. Someone told he's talking to Air Force.

All and all they'd get destroyed in Texas or Mississippi. No hogmollies on the O line and the skill hits are all 150-160 lbs of sinew... No 200 lbs running backs. But what a fun style of football to watch.

I don't think it would be as good in a big town, but if you live in a small town where everyone knows everybody, you can't beat Friday night high school football. I forgot how great it is.

View attachment 391271

As the college game continues to separate from traditional heart and soul, I really hope ESPN can save its face by hosting and broadcasting more amateur athletic events….

If y’all haven’t been watching the little league World Series, shame shame. The notion of winning to be the best, without a value of individualism….and the sheer randomness of amateurism among competitors….passion, humanity and volunteers, in the market of purism, cannot be ignored or denied in America. Rural America is the heartbeat.

They better grab the market and go…..or what we know, as ESPN, will be swallowed.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013

All and all they'd get destroyed in Texas or Mississippi. No hogmollies on the O line and the skill hits are all 150-160 lbs of sinew... No 200 lbs running backs. But what a fun style of football to watch.

View attachment 391271
Glad y’all smacked the matcha right out of those Sun Valley kids

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

View attachment 391271
High School ball is the absolute last refugee

View attachment 391271
The Friday Night Lights, unless you are in Texas, are the last refuge of the game as it was meant to be. The smaller the schools, the closer to the PURE game! I'm glad to see another convert. I enjoyed your commentary! I got to see my old alma matre take on and defeat a much larger school tonight. That being said, it was DAMN hot.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
My grand daughter goes to Pisgah. I enjoyed the heck out of games last year and look forward to this year.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
We used to go when my oldest daughter was on the high school dance team. Nothing like small town football on Friday night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login