Home night games

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
AKB… what are your predictions for games at nite at The Beav this fall?
Right now best bet may be the the Fightin Bielema’s.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
that looks to be correct:

Penn State fans on social media upset that the networks picked USC/Washington over PSU/OSU on 11/2. *That* should be our White Out game. Should we hold a White Out even if not against a top opponent?

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Penn State fans on social media upset that the networks picked USC/Washington over PSU/OSU on 11/2. *That* should be our White Out game. Should we hold a White Out even if not against a top opponent?
They are gonna hold one anyway despite the opponent. Night games bring a certain vibe to them as well as publicity and viewing eyes. The issue, at least for us, is now there are no reasonable hotels at all available for that weekend so it will be a sleep in the car or drive home after the game situation. Hotels in SC area are certifiable greed merchants. Rooms were available at the Super 8 in Burnham, but it’s near $800/weekend in friggin Burnham! GTFOH with those prices!!

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
They are gonna hold one anyway despite the opponent. Night games bring a certain vibe to them as well as publicity and viewing eyes. The issue, at least for us, is now there are no reasonable hotels at all available for that weekend so it will be a sleep in the car or drive home after the game situation. Hotels in SC area are certifiable greed merchants. Rooms were available at the Super 8 in Burnham, but it’s near $800/weekend in friggin Burnham! GTFOH with those prices!!

The fleecing is endless. I know tow truck drivers love big game weekends.

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
Related to this, that Matt Sarz guy claims the 11/2 week has been “mostly known” to be a Fox first pick.

I hadn’t seen that information before. That week has:
USC @ Wash
UO @ UM
tOSU @ PSU

The NBC projected game would seem consistent with this information. I wouldn’t expect a west coast team to be involved in a noon game, but the result of the earlier tOSU-UO game could sway things.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
They did it for Minnesota just a couple years ago. Not exactly a home run opponent (sorry @STPGopherfan).

No different than what Augusta hotels do the week of the Masters. My best points weekend all year with work travel was my week in Augusta. Those points paid for at least 2 weeks of basketball trips I've taken.

• Haha
Reactions: STPGopherfan

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Burnham has a hotel?

• Haha
Reactions: LionJim

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
They did it for Minnesota just a couple years ago. Not exactly a home run opponent (sorry @STPGopherfan).

No different than what Augusta hotels do the week of the Masters. My best points weekend all year with work travel was my week in Augusta. Those points paid for at least 2 weeks of basketball trips I've taken.
:ROFLMAO: Truth hurts sometimes! Never happy when my Gophers fail to show up. That and not exactly a team that is thought in the Eastern US.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Nothing at all to do with Penn State, but there is a push to make Sept 21st Minnesota vs Iowa the outhouse game. We are adding outhouses that game because some of their fans aren't familiar with indoor plumbing...

• Haha
Reactions: Psu00

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login