Honest question this morning before today’s games get started….

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Do ANY of y’all watch/like/don’t want to choke slam Marty and McGee? I can’t think of a single thing that I can even tolerate about them, man.

Reactions: vandaldawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Do ANY of y’all watch/like/don’t want to choke slam Marty and McGee? I can’t think of a single thing that I can even tolerate about them, man.
I only became aware that they existed this season but they seem like a couple of guys who were a lot of fun to listen to until they got super popular and became almost a caricature of what made them likable. feels like forced sctick/too over the top. e.g. John boy and Billy

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
I only became aware that they existed this season but they seem like a couple of guys who were a lot of fun to listen to until they got super popular and became almost a caricature of what made them likable. feels like forced sctick/too over the top. e.g. John boy and Billy
You may be right, Shack. I just can’t stand that theatrical hyper-country redneck schtick…it’s an absolute turnoff for me.

Reactions: She Mate Me

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Marty played college baseball. What did McGee play other than with himself?

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
My wife and I were watching TV the other day and a commercial with Marty Smith came on. She said "who is that D Bag?" after only seeing him for a few seconds.

Confirms everything I've ever thought about him.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
My wife and I were watching TV the other day and a commercial with Marty Smith came on. She said "who is that D Bag?" after only seeing him for a few seconds.

Confirms everything I've ever thought about him.
Lol my wife is the same way. She hates Marty Smith and his fake bro country schtick. He’s like the SEC sports version of Luke Bryan.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I used to enjoy their espn radio show on Saturdays before Dari & Mel. haven't listened in a long time, it may not even come on anymore. ESPN radio went downhill FAST.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

They're terrible. I saw a little of them a couple years ago and assumed they were just filling in for a real host. The cornpone is a bit too much.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Sorry, I've never watched them. Did I miss something?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Can't be analyzed much better.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I thought the question was going to be: "With our Egg Bowl win already in the books, do I care about any of the games today?"

Mildly interested.

As to the OP, I only know Marty and McGee from their commercials, and those always made me not want to tune in to them.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I do enjoy McGee’s bottom 10 on espn.com.

Otherwise, I think what horshack said is mostly correct in that I found them likable enough on their own and with their little vignettes, but a whole ‘bro country’ show on a “southern lifestyle” that doesn’t exist and/or they clearly never lived.... nope.

I liken it to Mater in Cars vs Cars 2. Making him comic relief in Cars was a nice touch, but building a whole movie around him... unwatchable.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login