How are Marty and McGee still a thing?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They look like a rooster and a sloth. The entire SEC network sucks unless you love the southern redneck stereotype and Regions commercials. I only watch the games on there.

was21

May 29, 2007
Their forced rednecked-ness gets on my last nerve. I can’t watch when they’re on.
I can't watch them either. One of 'em was some kind of NASCAR fan, and the other one is just pedestrian. Surprising that they ever had a show of any kind. They add very little, if anything.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
My wife likes their segments. They talk about things other than football.
I can’t stand them.

ETA my wife corrected me. She doesn’t like them either.
You’ve got a keeper

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Their forced rednecked-ness gets on my last nerve. I can’t watch when they’re on.

Yeah, that's my issue with them too. Not to mention they're just plain silly, but when they throw in the goob atmosphere it's not tolerable.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
My wife likes their segments. They talk about things other than football.
I can’t stand them.

ETA my wife corrected me. She doesn’t like them either.
Did you tell her that you posted that or does she read the board?

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
She doesn’t read. She saw Marty and said she doesn’t like that hillbilly and his sissy sidekick. I asked her about liking their off football takes. She clarified that she likes when SEC Nation talks about things other than football. She also pointed out she doesn’t like Finebaum either.
If we can’t agree on anything else at least we agree on this.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
She doesn’t read. She saw Marty and said she doesn’t like that hillbilly and his sissy sidekick. I asked her about liking their off football takes. She clarified that she likes when SEC Nation talks about things other than football. She also pointed out she doesn’t like Finebaum either.
If we can’t agree on anything else at least we agree on this.
So what would you say her take on Laura Rutledge would be . . . ?

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Marty sitting in Laura’s chair on the show was what stared the conversation. She likes Laura, but unfortunately not that way. She’s solely here for Tebow.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I kind of like their espn radio show. Agree on the tv appearances for the most part

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I don’t mind their shtick for an hour on Saturday mornings. I’d rather watch them than an hour of Desmond Howard and Herbstreet. They sometimes find something unique about whatever campus they are visiting. They’re also better than another hour of SEC Now replays.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
My wife says Laura needs to lose the Bump It hairstyles she often has. I never notice personally.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login