How bad does it have to get for you to want to fire our Head Coach?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I kind of want him gone today. We are going 1-11 or at best 2-11. Unacceptable to me. He picked his coaching staff. He brough in his Portal guys. We should be better than 1-11 in any coaches first year. I see no improvement so far and I don't know if he knows how to fix it. I also fear he will not fire his buddies.

I fear this
Texas, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn will hang 60 plus on us. Missouri and A&M will hang 50 plus on us. There has to be a point where you would want him gone.

I have never been this embarrassed about Miss State football. Maine was bad but this entire season is really bad so far and doesn't look to improve.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I kind of want him gone today. We are going 1-11 or at best 2-11. Unacceptable to me. He picked his coaching staff. He brough in his Portal guys. We should be better than 1-11 in any coaches first year. I see no improvement so far and I don't know if he knows how to fix it. I also fear he will not fire his buddies.

I fear this
Texas, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn will hang 60 plus on us. Missouri and A&M will hang 50 plus on us. There has to be a point where you would want him gone.

I have never been this embarrassed about Miss State football. Maine was bad but this entire season is really bad so far and doesn't look to improve.
If this is the most embarrassed you've been about MSU football, you've missed a lot of MSU football.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I was just thinking to myself how irritating it is to turn on virtually any college football game and see two teams that would run circles around ours. Washington, Rutgers, Miami… they’d all beat us by 35. I get that we’re never going to have the resources to compete with Georgia and Ohio St, but how in the world did our university leaders let the program reach this level of complete a$$?

I can’t sit here and say that I want Lebby fired, but if we go back to the early days of NIL and recognize the train wreck that this program has been ever since, it’s wild to think that Arnett is the only person that’s lost his job during that time. The current state of MSU football is just inexcusably pathetic

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
If you don’t give him enough time to fix this mess you will have zero chance of hiring anyone with a pulse. Imagine if you were put in charge of a similar but not football situation wherever you work and they wanted to fire you this quick. He is not responsible for the current mess that he inherited.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
If you don’t give him enough time to fix this mess you will have zero chance of hiring anyone with a pulse. Imagine if you were put in charge of a similar but not football situation wherever you work and they wanted to fire you this quick. He is not responsible for the current mess that he inherited.
If it pays $5M/yr with a hefty buyout, sign me up for that job

Also, we all knew that the defense would suck, sure. But Lebby spent his entire offseason trying to put together an offense, and in spite of having just finished the easiest part of our schedule by a hundred miles, our offense is currently tied with San Jose St for 67th in the country.

He may not have inherited this mess, but he and Selmon sure haven’t done a damn thing to fix anything either. We’re going backwards

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I tend to disagree. No more rebuilding with the Portal. You can go out and get a team together. He just made bad choices on the guys he brought out of the portal and coaches. He might get a little slack not having as much time to recruit out of the portal.

We did not give Arnette a chance or Moorhead a chance. Those guys did not even unpack before they were gone.

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014

I fear this

You can’t hire a coach and say you have less than a year to turn around a program. It was a dumpster fire last year and is a dumpster fire right now. But it’s going to take several years to turn things around and that’s best case scenario.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You can’t hire a coach and say you have less than a year to turn around a program. It was a dumpster fire last year and is a dumpster fire right now. But it’s going to take several years to turn things around and that’s best case scenario.
You can fix a dumpster fire with the portal. He just got the wrong guys. He brought in 53 guys some out of high school, some out of Juco and some out of the portal. Half the team are his guys. I am just saying football has changed. HC is now more of a GM putting a team together each year. He made some mistakes. I just hope we don't lose the remaining of our Conference game 60 Plus to 3. How do you keep guys and sign guys out of the portal with a record like that?

Reactions: 85Bears

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
You can fix a dumpster fire with the portal. He just got the wrong guys. He brought in 53 guys some out of high school, some out of Juco and some out of the portal. Half the team are his guys. I am just saying football has changed. HC is now more of a GM putting a team together each year. He made some mistakes. I just hope we don't lose the remaining of our Conference game 60 Plus to 3. How do you keep guys and sign guys out of the portal with a record like that?
I guess I would need to know if we are competitive in NIL before I strictly blame the coach for lack of success in the portal.

Reactions: Yeti

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I think after the Arnett disaster, you had to bring in a veteran coach who has experience rebuilding a program, has connections in the coaching fraternity, can evaluate talent. I’m afraid Selmon made a big mistake

If next year looks the same id cut my losses and go get a g5/p4 exerienced HC who has won with less talent.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
If it pays $5M/yr with a hefty buyout, sign me up for that job

Also, we all knew that the defense would suck, sure. But Lebby spent his entire offseason trying to put together an offense, and in spite of having just finished the easiest part of our schedule by a hundred miles, our offense is currently tied with San Jose St for 67th in the country.

He may not have inherited this mess, but he and Selmon sure haven’t done a damn thing to fix anything either. We’re going backwards
The offense can’t get going when they aren’t getting but 20 minutes of possession per game. Our defense is not giving up quick scores. They are letting the opponents possess the ball for nearly entire quarters.

Now some of that is self inflicted, sure. The 3 and outs to start games don’t help. But Lenny’s offense is built to score fast and run 70+ plays per game. We aren’t close to that because the defense literally can’t get off the field

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I think after the Arnett disaster, you had to bring in a veteran coach who has experience rebuilding a program, has connections in the coaching fraternity, can evaluate talent. I’m afraid Selmon made a big mistake

If next year looks the same id cut my losses and go get a g5/p4 exerienced HC who has won with less talent.
I agree totally with your first statement. While I may agree with your second statement I don’t think it happens. I really think he gets three years to fix this mess. No matter how much we ***** and complain, I think he’s ours for two more years after this one. Short of a dead hooker!

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
The offense can’t get going when they aren’t getting but 20 minutes of possession per game. Our defense is not giving up quick scores. They are letting the opponents possess the ball for nearly entire quarters.

Now some of that is self inflicted, sure. The 3 and outs to start games don’t help. But Lenny’s offense is built to score fast and run 70+ plays per game. We aren’t close to that because the defense literally can’t get off the field
Did he bring any offensive lineman out of the portal that are sec players ? I dont think so. Cant run an offense without a line especially when you bring in 12 recievers

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
It is bad, but I don’t want him fired. The current landscape of NCAA football is like nothing seen before. He has to be given three seasons considering the circumstances and what has been dealt thus far.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I didn’t like the hire to begin with and it’s been a disaster so far, so I honestly wouldn’t care if he was fired right now.

With that said, I’m not sure that is what is best for the football program. We need some continuity and for a culture to be built/rebuilt. If he won’t fire the defensive coaches, then the hell with consistency, he would need to be fired. However, I don’t think that’ll be an issue. I’d imagine several coaches will be let go of shortly after the egg bowl.

I will add, if we are still sitting here looking at a miserable situation this time next year, then I think that will be a clear sign that Lebby ain’t the guy.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I didn’t like the hire to begin with and it’s been a disaster so far, so I honestly wouldn’t care if he was fired right now.

With that said, I’m not sure that is what is best for the football program. We need some continuity and for a culture to be built/rebuilt. If he won’t fire the defensive coaches, then the hell with consistency, he would need to be fired. However, I don’t think that’ll be an issue. I’d imagine several coaches will be let go of shortly after the egg bowl.

I will add, if we are still sitting here looking at a miserable situation this time next year, then I think that will be a clear sign that Lebby ain’t the guy.
Same

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
If a coach is bad, keeping him for continuity sake is a terrible argument.

Bad continuity = bad football

I don’t know if Lebby is a good coach or not, but he made a bad decision coming here.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But the mess we have now seems to be worse than what he inherited desire him rebranding the offense. With transfers and NIL, coaches don't get 3 or 4 years to fix things any more because the players are going to be constantly bailing out and in

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Again look at arkansas. Total suckage last year top 25 this year. Bobby petrino and a really smart portal class. Arnett and lebby brought in two years of portal garbage and we have illiterates cursing Leach. Lmao

Reactions: PhredPhantom

patdog

May 28, 2007

This is where I am. Didn’t like the hire from the start. So far, it’s been much worse than I ever imagined. But not sure we can fire him this year. He has to at least get close to a bowl game next year though.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Angry Fox Tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

That and we have a lot of 3 and outs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login