How do y'all feel about the announcers for our game Saturday?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Arkansas at No. 23 Mississippi State Dave Neal, Deuce McAllister, Tiffany Blackmon

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
IDC. I’ll be listening to Neal and Wyatt.
Beat me to it. Why in the world would anyone listen to those guys when all you have to do is sync the radio broadcast with the television? I would rather listen to Hitler and Stalin debate who was more evil in hell and trust me those are awful.

Reactions: Double Dawg

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Beat me to it. Why in the world would anyone listen to those guys when all you have to do is sync the radio broadcast with the television? I would rather listen to Hitler and Stalin debate who was more evil in hell and trust me those are awful.
Because I'm too dumb to figure the syncing out. Won't need it this week though, for I'll be in attendance.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, that's fine if you're watching the game live. But if you're DVRing it and watching it on a delay, I don't think it's going to work. And I think the announcers for our game are ********.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Arkansas at No. 23 Mississippi State Dave Neal, Deuce McAllister, Tiffany Blackmon
I like Deuce. Been very friendly and giving of his time every time I've been around him (which usually has been because a relatively small charity asked him to do something for a fundraiser, and he apparently used to just not say no if he could help it). But I would not have bet on him being good at announcing or color commentary. Am I wrong?

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Well, that's fine if you're watching the game live. But if you're DVRing it and watching it on a delay, I don't think it's going to work. And I think the announcers for our game are ********.
If fish had wings they would be birds. What is your point? So you think Neal and Matt are crap? Tried to be nice to avoid stars, I have not had many dislikes on the new site seeing that for some reason everybody likes the devil. That being said, if you choose to DVR the game then I guess you have to live with the announcers that ESPN provides.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Say what? I wish I could listen to Neal and Matt. And if I do wind up watching it live (not too likely but maybe), I'll find a way to listen to them.
Personally I love listening to Neal with the tv broadcast. Luckily, like others in this thread, I will be there so no need to worry about it. I was just trying to establish if you were talking about the ESPN tv guys or our radio guys? Sorry if my post lacked understanding and nuance.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've tried to save the TV broadcast with the radio broadcast from the hail state site and I've only had limited success. What happens is my radio the changes timing. I guess it's because I am a distance from Mississippi. Is there another site that I can get the radio feed from which will stay on time?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I've tried to save the TV broadcast with the radio broadcast from the hail state site and I've only had limited success. What happens is my radio the changes timing. I guess it's because I am a distance from Mississippi. Is there another site that I can get the radio feed from which will stay on time?
Had wonderful luck with the Tune In App. Bought the "pro" version not really sure if there is a difference between that version and the regular one. The App has worked great for me getting all kinds of radio broadcasts that are sports related.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Boy, wouldn't Gary Danielson and Beth Mowins be a team? Who would be their ideal sideline reporter? Dick Cross?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Boy, wouldn't Gary Danielson and Beth Mowins be a team? Who would be their ideal sideline reporter? Dick Cross?
What was the person thinking who hired Beth? Why does she still have a job? Affirmative Action for the vocally impaired? She brings no substance either. Doesn't ESPN know she gets on the fans' nerves?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Not something I generally care about. As long as it not that Apple TV Baseball group.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I like Dave Neal. He’s a solid announcer who has been doing SEC games for more than 20 years. Couldn’t care less who the sideline reporter is as they generally bring very little to the broadcast. I’ve only heard Deuce announce one game and he was OK, nothing great, but nothing terrible. But since he’s a former OM player, some people on here are going to lose their crap.

Sep 29, 2022
Deuce does a good job calling Saints games but he definitely wears his fandom on his sleeve. I question whether he can set aside his OM fandom. But from a pure X's and O's standpoint, he's good. I don't mind Dave Neal.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If you are like me and have nostalgia for the JP Sports era then Dave Neal probably gets a thumbs up. He’s called a lot of big wins for us in several sports so I associate him with quite a few positive MSU memories.

Deuce is whatever. Not great, not terrible.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Not a Deuce fan but I like Dave a lot. Reminds me of my youth. Also I'm way too lazy to sync up the radio call

was21

May 29, 2007
If you are like me and have nostalgia for the JP Sports era then Dave Neal probably gets a thumbs up. He’s called a lot of big wins for us in several sports so I associate him with quite a few positive MSU memories.

Deuce is whatever. Not great, not terrible.
Deuce does the color for the Saints games on the radio. He's knowledgable but seems like he never shuts up.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Olivia Newton-John 80S GIF

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Well I'll be at the game so they won't really affect me.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009

I love me some Dave Neal. Not sure I remember the last time he called an MSU game. I have some fond memories of him calling games where the opposing corch got Crxxmed though.

"Jerious Norwood.....JERIOUS NORWOOD!!!!!!!!"

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Say what? I wish I could listen to Neal and Matt. And if I do wind up watching it live (not too likely but maybe), I'll find a way to listen to them.
TuneIn Radio app, my friend. It's free.

Tunein.com if you're too old for apps***

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

I'll be there in person so I'll just listen to muffled public address, needlessly and excessively loud hip hop music, and incessant cowbells.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
I like Dave Neal. He’s a solid announcer who has been doing SEC games for more than 20 years. Couldn’t care less who the sideline reporter is as they generally bring very little to the broadcast. I’ve only heard Deuce announce one game and he was OK, nothing great, but nothing terrible. But since he’s a former OM player, some people on here are going to lose their crap.
Dave Neil is a damn joke. He has sucked for every football and basketball game he has ever done. He went to Bama so that tells me why he still has his job. He married Pete Johnson’s daughter. Pete rain for Governor and Fordice kicked his ***.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login